F10 Recruitment Reviews

Updated 8 September 2014
3.7

Mark Flawn & Mark Stephens

Small But Mighty

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I worked at F10 Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great colleagues with a generally positive and friendly work atmosphere and a fun but not enforced or excessive social culture outside of work as well.
    - Skilled and knowledgeable employees, some of the best I've worked with in the industry.
    - Company may be small but is able to deliver way beyond expectation and out compete companies many times their size due to the calibre of their staff and quality of their systems and processes an innovation.
    - One of the most honest, trustworthy and moral recruitment organisations I have worked for.
    - Usually pragmatic approach from the management team to solving issues of any kind.
    - Approachable mid and senior level management.
    - Not micro managed unless people were struggling.
    - Commission structure is good and fair.
    - Relative freedom to operate and innovate in ways you see fit with active encouragement to be a thought leader and expert in an area of your choice.
    - They invest in new technology where they think it will help and are open to discussions on process improvement.
    - Opportunities to do more than just 'hit the phones' with chance to get involved in internal process improvement, industry exhibitions, innovative sourcing, industry presentations and anything else justifiably beneficial if you are willing to seek it out.
    - They recognise that whilst the bottom line is the end goal and people need to be profitable, their staff's worth and skill is measured in more than just the figures they are bringing in.

Cons

- Sometimes felt like there were as many managers as there were other staff which could feel a bit strange at times, particularly when sensitive information was communicated to the management team in a weekly meeting meaning half the staff knew already and could make you feel a bit left out.
    - Small company so can sometimes feel a little unstable if the business is going through a bit of a rough patch but this is the same with any small business, just be aware of this if you are joining.
    - As with a lot of recruitment businesses there feels like there is an unspoken pressure to stay late, particularly if people are struggling performance wise. Whilst this is no where near as bad as in some recruitment businesses and does work for some people I personally think this should be something that is an individual choice rather than part of a business culture with management pressure behind it as it can lead to greater stress, poorer work/life balance and affect/worry others in the office even if it isn't aimed at them.

- Carry on with the good work.
    - Keep communications to staff as simple as possible rather than filtering it down through the managers unless it is really required.
    - Get rid of the last vestiges of the pressure to work late by discouraging the occasional sarcastic comments when people leave the office and by stressing that it is one of many potential options rather than an obligation when people are struggling.

Sep 12, 2014Director

This is a well balanced and fair appraisal. Thank you.

In regards to the pressure to stay late, I think that this has to be encouraged (It has never been compulsory BTW) or it simply wouldn't
    ... More

Having worked for F10 Recruitment for a number of years, I believe it is one of the best companies I have worked for.

Current Employee - Major Account Director  in  Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Major Account Director in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at F10 Recruitment full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very approachable and honest leadership team
    Nice working environment
    Hard working staff who believe in helping eachother
    Strong client base
    Strong reputation with our clients
    Always busy with lots of roles to fill
    Good training for new starters and ongoing support to junior staff from experienced team members
    Investment in technology and tools

Cons

My only negative is that the comany are 30 miles from where I live. However I have continued to do this trip for nearly 8 years, so wouldn't do it unless the company was a great place to work

Please make sure that you only bring in hard working employees with a track record of success in the recruitment industry.

We have to guard against negative people who give up too easilly, aren't prepared to take on critism, aren't prepared for the fight that you have to show to be successful and those that tend to bring others down.

Aug 17, 2014Director

Recruiting the right people is always a challenge in any business, but for a recruitment company in MK its particularly hard to find the right caliber of people.

We usually recruit where we see
    ... More

Innovative and forward thinking

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at F10 Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is constantly challenging itself and the people that work here to improve the working conditions that we have with our clients. They have invested in a new facility in the North East and new technology and have a unique proposition that we are just starting to take to market.

Cons

Its a very work focused environment. Expectations on individuals are high.

Mix up the incentives on offer. Its not all about the commissions.

May 26, 2014Director

Its good to see that recent initiatives are appreciated and that Management feel positive about the future. We have more than 20 major accounts where we are the number 1 supplier and we intend to ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Blame culture

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I worked at F10 Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good incentives when honoured, free hot drinks and parking. Nice location and friendly employees.

Cons

High turn over of staff, inconsistent management style, no support given when consultants are struggling. Everyone else's fault but the management team.

Good management leads to retention of staff and successful results.

Jul 01, 2014Director

Its a shame that people who have failed to deliver within a company and yet who have been supported by that organisation for an extended period of time and were kept in a job by their work colleagues ... More

Inconsistent

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at F10 Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful team spirit
    Nice offices with free parking

Cons

Poor and inconsistent management decisions
    Struggling financially
    Poor commission plan for Consultants

Need for better employee/management communications

May 26, 2014Director

It's difficult when people are not meeting targets and struggling to do the job to get employees to see that it is them that needs to change. I discovered early on in my management career that ... More

Absolutely perfect

Current Employee - Specialist Resourcer  in  Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Specialist Resourcer in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at F10 Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely people
    Open office
    Range of ages
    Apprentice academy
    Growing company
    Free parking
    Benefit scheme is wonderful
    Fantastic support from the directors

Cons

Sometimes very quiet due to the small office and people popping out to lunch which can sometimes make it hard to have a call with a candidate due to embarrassment.
    Technically in the office there are three companies running, it would be nice if there was a little more division

More people, bigger offices

May 26, 2014Director

Lots of positives in here and since this review was written I believe I believe that the office has become far more vibrant. The staff themselves are responsible for generating an atmosphere, through ... More

Worked for F10 Recruitment? Contribute to the Community!