Facebook Reviews

Updated 20 October 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • You have occasion to work with super smart people from the industry (in 81 reviews)

• Amazing office culture and community and the free food doesn't hurt (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Another thing that no one will agree with me on is the work-life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Long hours away from home, due to my own commute situation and long working hours (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome place to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing experience, good peers and good benefits.

Cons

Cannot think of any real problems with this place.

An incredible hidden experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Perks, culture, values, motivation, determination, people, compensation, arcade, gym, shuttles, free food, just about everything you could think of. They also have unlimited sick days. People really care about your health here.

Cons

No one outside of this company knows how amazing this is. One of the biggest flaws I believe. I try to explain our values to outsiders and they don't believe me. You try to look them up on the internet and you won't find them. It's almost to the point of ridiculousness. I would love for this to be fixed and I sure hope it does!

Don't be afraid to give Facebook a voice of its own. It needs to share the amazing respect and values that it has to achieve its goals.

I need to go back.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Great snacks
    - Micro kitchen perks
    - Amazing weather
    - Great community building
    - Lots of networking opportunities
    - Feeling of family
    - Laid back vibe

Cons

- Waking up every morning to ride the shuttle
    - Being a hs student meaning not being able to go to the gym
    - Not being a part of the q&as with mark

just awesome

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Comes with lots of intellectual challenges!

Cons

It can be stressful sometimes

Analyst - Finance

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

-Food
    -Drinks
    -Pizza

I can go on and on..

If you are smart and you think you can improve things..this place is for you.. Doesn't matter if you are a contractor or fulltime.. I was a contractor for over a year..Honestly My team falls in a high-visibility zone due to applications we support.. But if you can make a brand or name for yourself, you got it..

As a contractor, I was counted one amongst fte's.. I never really cared who an FTE was or who contractor was.. I did face some biasness but it was because I was hard on FTE's in other departments to get the work done.. But playing smartly I got things across..

As a contractor I had a say in how we could improve things for our team and yes I managed to get things in there because I was able to demonstrate success through prior work given to me..

I was one of lowest paid contractors per say and handling very menial work yet I was considered a key asset in the team..

Cons

-work-life gets tricky occasionally..
    -I cant say it for all contractors but FTEs should have some drink rounds etc with contractors and appreciate the work.. it will help ppl feel acknowledged and may be you can get more motivated contractors.

- If you think everything is important than you need to sit down and reconsider your goals.

- some managers have no idea of what is important and whats not.

- just because someone can get some work done doesnt mean he/she should do all work..

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Digital in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Digital in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

There is nothing bad here

The best of the best

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company perks, work that you do, and the tools to enable you to get that work done are unparalleled or equal to best in the industry. It does not get better than this.
    Culture is open and there you mostly know where the company is headed.

Cons

Facebook has a highly customized codebase, and that should be supported by the same level of documentation.
    Now the company is big enough that there are groups of people that stay with each other according to their tenure at the company, and that sometimes is hard for someone newer.

Keep up the awesome work. Work a little more on new employee integration and keeping the culture alive.

Best place to work in the mid-to-big-sized companies

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of work to be done -> means you have flexibility on what to work and there's ample opportunities to do something awesome.
    Perks are amazing, but they're made so you don't stress with the little details of life -> I work less hours in average than my previous top-company-job but achieve a lot more in that time.
    No micro management overall (obviously there are black sheep everywhere) -> you do need to know how to prioritize and work by yourself without being pushed though
    Mission and vision that matter to the world -> "Don't be evil", eh? Right. Here we're truly connecting the world. Very few teams focus on revenue, which is awesome.
    Excellent compensation -> do I need to say more?
    Travel to HQ if you're a remote team -> it's not so often so I enjoy it (personal thing though)

Cons

The other "G" giant has a few more extra perks that are nicer, but you can live without them.
    Growing very fast. Hoping quality does not deteriorate but things can get messy.

Don't overgrow without having the right managers, projects, trainings involved. Don't sacrifice the flexibility and openess due to this.

Simply one of the best places to work - tons of opportunities for high performers.

Current Employee - Manager In Sales
    Current Employee - Manager In Sales

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

High impact jobs from day one. Lots of responsibility, constant learning - they invest a lot into employees - training courses & personal coaches if you are a high performer. Possible to get promoted really quickly if you are good. Lots of opportunities to move into new roles, as everything is very dynamic. Super open culture, you can talk to anybody no matter how high up they are. Very inspiring workplace - your colleagues are the best out there.

Cons

People who are looking for a straight career path & who are looking to get challenges presented to them on a silver plate are in the wrong place. It's go in and discover the problems yourself, solve them and build up a reputation. Also, every career is different, as the company is very dynamic - so you won't find that straight-line progression you see in traditional companies.

A workplace with a lot of opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- The main reason why working for Facebook is great, is the opportunity to move roles as it allows you to always strive on your ambition and face more interesting challenges. It gives you the opportunity to constantly excel.
    - Another benefit of working here is the fact that almost most of the colleagues are high achievers, thus always inspiring to do more and to do it better.
    - The culture is very warm, open and fun. I worry that I would never be able to find this working environment again.
    - Salary is very competitive, benefits are very fair.
    - Moreover, the working environment is full of respect, and even in case there was a disagreement it would never amount to more than that, usually solvable and manager is ready to step in and find a solution, all done in a very smooth and civil way.
    - The parties are super awesome, and the time they invest in them, shows how much they care about making us happy!

Cons

Since you're surrounded by high achievers, you could probably have sleepless nights. Yet this is only to drive yourself and challenge yourself. I wouldn't say it's a complete con, unless you let it affect you very negatively. Because on the other hand we are always encourage to apply work life balance.