Facebook Reviews

Updated 24 October 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • You have occasion to work with super smart people from the industry (in 81 reviews)

• Amazing office culture and community and the free food doesn't hurt (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Another thing that no one will agree with me on is the work-life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Long hours away from home, due to my own commute situation and long working hours (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Best company in the Valley

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Making an impact on more than billion people.

Cons

None really. It's all good.

Software engineer. Great culture, lots of fun.

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture, easy to talk to anyone you want throughout the company. I felt like I was given a challenging task and able to grow as an engineer.

Cons

Everyone is very skilled. Depending on your team, it can be hard to 'stand out' (debatable as to whether this is a con or not).

Humble team, amazing perks and open environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working here! Facebook allows me to be myself and make an impact while growing my career. I have worked with many cross functional teams and it's amazing to be surrounded by intelligent and creative individuals. I have been working here for 8 months and I have yet to wake up not wanting to go into work. They keep it exciting and are always changing to better the product, environment and org structure. I work long/hard hours but am treated so well that I don't feel the need or want to complain. I thrive in this type of environment and cannot wait to see what the years to come bring for my professional development. I am well compensated, am given a great amount of time off (and not afraid to use it) and my manager is very supportive with anything I need.

Cons

It can be hard to disconnect since I use Facebook a lot outside of work as well. Also, there is no set plan for any career here

Keep the culture the way it is! Your transparency is amazing.

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - ITT in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - ITT in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Free meals and having a lot of friends

Cons

Always on the computer.

Staff is a little nerdy

Great experience, great prospects

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If Facebook calls you, at least listen to the pitch. There are no downsides to working at Facebook. The brand currently has enormous respect, and work is nice (although demanding). To succeed, you need to be a self starter and there is an astonishing lack of ego. In many ways, this might be the most perfect work environment.

Cons

There is no downside to working at Facebook. I do not expect to stay long, but I will stay long enough.

I have no advice to management and if I did, I would say so at an "all hands."

Energetic, independent work environment

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredibly smart, dedicated people working together in a fun environment to really drive towards the future. Facebook really walks the talk on having a truly open & transparent culture. If you want to make something happen (from a product feature to an employee event); you will have greater tools & receptivity form leadership than anywhere i've ever worked prior.

Cons

Communicating/building relationships with key cross-functional colleagues can be harder from a satellite office + as the company continues to grow in staff in general.

Keep up the great work! Your energy, honesty, passion for people, and true transparency is inspiring on a personal & a professional level; that makes me proud to come to work everyday.

The Toughest (non-military) Job You'll Ever Love

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Facebook was the longest job I ever held, and it's testament to the people, the product and the perks. You're surrounded by an astounding number of really smart, accomplished people who are really dedicated to the company and its mission of connecting the world. Watching the company grow as the product grew from fewer than 50 million users to well over a billion in a few years was an astounding feat.

It's a work hard, play hard place. During my time there, the layers of management did grow, but the organization really strove to stay as nimble and fast-moving as possible. Most of the time, people are recognized and rewarded for their impact.

The perks are up there with the rest of the top Silicon Valley companies. And I really do miss taking a shuttle to work now.

Cons

Depending upon your role, you can find your growth options limiting.

The "work hard" half of the ethos can really burn some people out. (then again, I guess the "play hard" side could do the same...)

There is a bit of an entitlement mentality among some people there, but leadership and others try to stamp that out.

Don't let Sheryl leave!

Massive impact in a short amount of time

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This review is for my 3 month internship.

-Amazingly fast process and a huge amount of control:
      I was given a project and told to run with it. This is both terrifying and awesome, as I got to control an entire new feature. Architecture and design decisions of the feature were made primarily by me, something that I was not really allowed to do in previous internships.

-Fun, smart, and friendly people
      Some of the people on my team were intimidatingly good programming beasts, but talking to them felt super natural and easy. Additionally, my team had several happy hours/ weekly pub crawls where we got to know each other.

Cons

Work/Life balance: Many interns I knew worked weekends and/or late nights. I personally never worked weekends, but have definitely pulled some 12-hr days the week of release dates.

Amazing working conditions, great company culture, open and fast

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great facilities, very open culture, working with amazing individuals from multiple backgrounds, very fast paced and constantly changing in a good way and good career growth opportunities.

Cons

Currently working as a Contractor, so some of the perks are limited like some amazing company events you're allowed to attend but that's understandable.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Ad Review Specialist in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Ad Review Specialist in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Facebook as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing office culture and community and the free food doesn't hurt! Working with a team that has common goals and works to improve your ability.

Cons

As a contractor, your hours may not be normal and there is an end in sight, but you're not treated as an outsider. People still include you on most things, which is great.