Ferrellgas Partners

Ferrellgas Partners Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold

Stephen L. Wambold

Great company; HORRIBLE management!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits; days off were pleasant when you knew what your schedule was.

ConsPay VERY sub-par for how hard you work. You will need back and shoulder surgery if you make it 2 years. It doesn't matter how hard you work, you are only a number. If you have a voice or concerns, leave your voice at home. You will be fired if you question safety concerns. Zero chance of advancement. Two-faced managers who are belittling men in a text message, but your best friend to your face. DO NOT work here if you enjoy your family.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your drivers and little people. Get back to the company that cares about your customers and employee. Remember that "Money is the root of all evil."

Loved the customers, loved the coworkers, wouldn't spit on management if they were ablaze.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupportive co workers. You develop one on one relationships with your customers

ConsBoss was dishonest. Made it sound like other employees were complaining in order to make you do more than you were legally allowed to do. Constant demand for 60 hours of work to be done in 40 hours. Better not get overtime, but you'd better finish it all... oh, here's another 5 stops to fit in the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to your employees, they do talk to each other

Enlightening but yet what an experience.

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) Santa Fe, NM (US)

Pros401k investment opportunity, Employee stock, medical insurance coverage for full time employees, Propane & appliance discounts, payed uniform allotment of $125.00 annually and depending on how the company is doing that year a free turkey & ham for Thanksgiving & Christmas.

ConsBeing monitored digitaly on phone call times and standby times. CSS 's are given an estimate of 4 minutes per call & are monitored constantly on case loads, Web activity is logged in the background as any other large company.
    CSS pay is inconsistent from service center to service center with some well experienced CSS' s being there for several plus years making around $11.00 an hour compared to an alternate location 60 miles away paying new hires almost $14 plus an hour. Company wide there was finally a 3% raise given after 5 plus years this does not quite make up for the increase of cost of living.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing... Offer better incentives to bring up productivity! Remember you can always catch me Flys with honey then vinegar.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company was too focused on micro-management top to bottom

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsWealth of information available through the company intranet

ConsGenerally low pay with excessive expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good people and allow them to perform

Family Feel with Great Benefits

ProsI've been with Ferrellgas for over 12 years and I can honestly say I look forward to going to work every day. Although this is a large company with locations nationwide our local office feels like a family and that is how the folks at the corporate office have always treated me. I like the "open door" policy that our CEO has and anytime I've ever emailed him I've always gotten a speedy answer. A couple of times over the years the answer came via a personal phone call! It feels good to work for a company that really cares about the employees and their families. The ESOP is one of my favorite things at the company. I didn't think much about it when I started working here, but now I really look forward to the letters that come during the year. Hard to believe I've got that much saved up for retirement without putting in a dime of my own money!

ConsAlways tough working outside in the winter and being on call isn't my favorite thing, but I understand that we are just taking care of our customers. I've eaten my share of cookies from grateful customers during the holiday season!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees. No one knows our customers better.

Great Company

Corporate Office (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsGreat company that offers a strong compensation package along with a ESOP that is completely funded by the company. As a working parent the flexibility that Ferrellgas offers is a huge plus for my family.

ConsRetail propane is a weather driven business and in extended periods of above normal temperatures sometimes difficult decisions have to be made. During these times management does what it has to do for its customers, the business and company employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you have been doing and don't let potential short term weather issues change your long term course.

Ferrellgas has always let me put my family and their needs first. Very family oriented company.

ProsFerrellgas is very involved with the communities they service. They are also very generous with numerous Charity Bobtails that give a portion of the proceeds to different organization. There are several Breast Cancer trucks, an MS truck, Autism truck, multiple Military trucks, KC Crimestoppers truck, Diabetes truck, Leukemia and Lymphoma truck. I have always felt like I have mattered and can make a difference. It feels like one big family.

ConsWeather dependant to an extent, but with new technologies we are becoming less dependant and more efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees and keep the customers needs first. They are the two most important pieces in ensuring we keep our business as successful as it has been in the past.

Great Company!

ProsAdvancement opportunities, pay range, ESOP and quality of people are all very respectable. Upper management team is strong and focused on consistency. Senior leaders are not afraid to make decisions that are best for the long term health of the organization and the performing employees of the company. CEO seems to care about the well being of the employees of the company.

ConsBusiness decisions hinge on weather patterns, Past High turnover with field management positions lead to inconsistent performance of employees as they lacked a focused direction. Sometimes impatience gets in the way of success (More of a past issue than present).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staying consistent and listen to the folks on the ground.

Excellent company to work for.

ProsMgmt is focused on driving results while also making the employee a priority. Advancement opportunities are available for those that are willing to dedicate themselves.

ConsWeather driven business. Public awareness of propane and the challenge of parity amoungst other segments such as Natural Gas and electricity.

Good Money, Good Work

Level III Install (Former Employee) Conifer, CO (US)

ProsLots of hours, good pay, easy scheduling

ConsOn call, inclement weather, lots of travel between stops

Advice to Senior ManagementA couple more drivers per district

Worked for Ferrellgas Partners? Contribute to the Community!