Ferrellgas Partners

Ferrellgas Partners Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold

Stephen L. Wambold

High stress, very high performance expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork week consists of Monday - Friday, 8-5, weekends off except for an occasional Saturday due to very cold winter or snow storm. Holidays off with pay decent salary.

ConsSitting for 8 hours with a head phone talking with 50 % disgruntled customers due to pricing or urgent need for propane, extreme expectations to perform other duties in an unrealistic alloted time frame. 60% focus on stock holders, 20% focus on employees and 20% focus on customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the company's expectations are so high and the stress level is extreme, think of ways to boost office morale and use group incentives instead of individual. The office runs better as one well oiled machine instead of several neglected machines.

Lots of opportunity to advance your career and position while enjoying a solid work-life balance

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsCorporate office has a fun health and family oriented culture, relaxed dress code, great benefits. Flexibility to work different hours and work from home on occasion. This is the most technologically advanced propane company in the world. Work-life balance is excellent.

ConsThere is a bit of silo mentality that exists between corporate departments. Bonuses are dependent upon total company performance which hinges on cold winters and/or low product cost, warm winters with high product cost have resulted in layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Collections Specialist

Collections Specialist (Current Employee) Liberty, MO (US)

ProsDress code is very fair . Jeans and shirt. Just no flip flops and holes in the jeans

ConsNo Flex in Schedule . Benefits are not very good. Pay Scale is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better open door policy. Higher management is not friendly. HR does not answer Questions ? They say you must go to your direct supervisor. Then when you do that they guess at the answer

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was a former employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, competitive income, 401 k program and a company contribution through employee stocks. The blue collar employees are the ones who make the Ferrell gas.

ConsTraining is granted for the "yes people " and the ones who need it most and live for their job do not receive enough training. Upper management criticizes the lower management with very seldom praise if any at all. There're good at preaching numbers and adding more to the lower management so they can burn them out and just wash their hands from removing great people from all that they have. "Employment"

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and listen to them when they need support. Give praise when when needed. Stop being degrading and and only care about yourself and preach being a leader. Because upper management need to be great leaders before their lower management roles will lead and not just manage. Be truthful and man up when you do wrong and not allows point fingers to absorb your faults and mistakes.

Worst Management ever in Indiana

CSS/Lead CSS and Dispatcher (Former Employee)

ProsPay was good, co-workers nice

ConsWas harassed and bullied by Ops Manager and general Manager. Upper management was always changing, changing rules, not adjusting prices to be competitive. Manager liked to play tricks and shut water off to building so i could not flush the toilet, tacs put in my chair, car in parking lot messed with. Reported to Corporate, but the good ole boys, ratted me out and made things worse.. Worst experience in my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house on good ole boys, all buddies with CEO...

Great experience!

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to become a leader by learning from all types of leaders while there.

ConsNo cons, everything was perfect.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the great job you are doing!

Nice people with a lot of company politics

CSS (Former Employee)

ProsPay was good, fellow employees and drivers were nice - benefits were good if you've been there long enough, employee ESOP

ConsManagement changed things every other week or so - mostly stemming from corporate - you have to roll with the punches or shut up if you don't like it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry putting yourself in our shoes, deal with the customers one on one - have answers available or at least try to get one if you don't have it, Everyone should work as a team, that was not done at times.

A better-than-average driving job with many ups and downs

Bulk Driver (Current Employee) Melrose Park, IL (US)

ProsDeliveries have a large window, so there isn't the pressure to arrive at a customer's location at a specific time. You can deliver at your own pace, as long as it's reasonably productive. It isn't back breaking labor, but enough to keep you in shape.

ConsThere's a higher than average turnover rate, which can make your work schedule unexpectedly long. Regardless, the winter seasons have always demanded long hours: if you like to work 40 hours a week or predictable, consistent hours, this job can be extremely frustrating for you. Vehicle breakdowns add to your hours, as they keep trucks long after they have become unreliable. They promised tuition reimbursement, but, even though I have filled out all of the paperwork every semester, they've never made good on this promise. They want you to deliver stops in the order determined by their new automated computer system, but the stop order doesn't always make sense, as the routing doesn't take into account truck route restrictions, railroads, etc. and the fact the routing will bring you to stops at times that may be bad for the customer (before or after hours, a time where the yard is too busy, etc). Driver suggestions are ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrivers shouldn't be forced to work excessive overtime for month after month. Drivers that leave for work before their children wake up should be able to get home before they go to sleep. Driver input for routing should be given due respect and not ignored.

District Manager

District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Safety Program / Good Pay / Quality Equipment / Ability to make a fair amount of significant decisions for your own operation.

ConsPricing killed competitiveness in my area. Customer's failure to plan often becomes an "emergency" for the driver or district manager on call.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive customers a real value that they can see to justify the often higher prices.

Free to think out of the box. Supported me 100% with my marketing plans.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Mankato, MN (US)

ProsExcellent training, I can't find any fault.

ConsCan't, they were fair to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales training needs help. Don't assume all sales people know how to present a product,etc.

Worked for Ferrellgas Partners? Contribute to the Community!