Fifth Third Reviews

Updated 15 October 2014
Updated 15 October 2014
3.2

Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat
Kevin T. Kabat

Pros
  • They treat their employees terrible and have no regards for work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Worked with some awesome people; good benefits in line with what others offer (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management in the Chicago area have a personal agenda (in 29 reviews)

• Sales goals are not realistic and the training was inadequate (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Interesting yet educational

Former Employee - Retail Personal Banker in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Personal Banker in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work, however the company has undergone many organizational changes on the Retail level such as the elimanation of some position only to redesign it into a sales position. Which is understanding in a more sales focus industry, however discouraging to new hires.

Training program is excellent most FCM are very knowledgeable in interested in the growth of their staff.

Cons

Short staffed, expect to perform many roles in a financial center. Hired as a FCM or PB but expect to work as a Teller, PB, IE, etc....

Rethink the staffing structure, short staffing is leading to the high turnover in some regions.

Good place to start you career.

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time

Pros

Managers are generally flexible and willing to work with you. It's really all about the people. Fifth Third seem truly interested in engaging its employees.

Cons

Training and technology can be somewhat sub par. Once you're in the company, good luck getting a decent raise.

It is a great company to help expand your career!

Current Employee - Disputes Servicing Specialist I in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Disputes Servicing Specialist I in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Pay. Team treats you like family. And wonderful benefits.

Cons

Training is quick. You tend to learn alot while on the job.

More training sessions over time.

An unexpected growing and learning experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company truly cares about each customer and appropriately tailors products and services to their individual needs

Cons

training and management varies greatly from branch to branch (good training is imperative to a successful career in customer service)

Investment Advisors

I worked at Fifth Third

Pros

- Promotions - Right on Fountain Square - Friendly work environment

Cons

- A bit behind on technology and culture

- Consider flex hours to work with Gen Y

Although little opportunity for advancement outside of the Cincinnati market, hands down the most generous and laid back of all the banks.

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A more relaxed atmosphere with a focus on peer sharing.

Cons

Not original in any way in regards to an ever changing demographic.

Being known as the bank that's three years behind all the other banks doesn't mean you should hire all their old dead weight and copy what they implemented three years ago. Take a chance. Innovate. Do something new. Team goals over individual goals, pull the strengths from the individuals to work together and applaud the end result.

Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I appreciated that in my time with the company, I had many opportunities to be promoted. Every two years, or so, there was a new role within reach to further my career. Exposure to leadership was another huge pro that kept me engaged. For the majority of my career, I had managers I could admire who understood the work and offered insight to grow the business.

Cons

Competitive salary increases for an internal candidate applying to a new role (who doesn't first leave the company) are minimal. Training was often viewed as an annoyance or an afterthought. While senior leadership was making great strides to ensure greater communication between lines of business, functions still operated in an "us vs. them" state that was not conducive to getting work done, collaboratively.

Fair Workplace

Current Employee - Capital Markets Analyst in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Capital Markets Analyst in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Given opportunity to work independently and grow within curent department.

Cons

Somtimes there are long hours during SD project

Great company!

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hard working people, great flexibility in certain positions. Good environment, enjoyable work. Felt committed to the job and serving the customers.

Cons

Staff was lean, one person does work that should be divided by many. Industry changes constantly which can be unsettling.

Make employees feel secure and acknowledge the hard work they do

Working for the Curious Bank.

Current Employee - Customer Service Professional II in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Professional II in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is one of the more generous companies within the banking industry. It is also a growing bank based out of Cincinnati. Working in customer service you are able to speak to customers and help customers which is rewarding and makes your feel good. That is something I do enjoy. The benefits are good and the company as a whole does seem to mean well and care for their employees. I just feel like us in the contact center are out of touch almost.

Cons

Without education you will not make it far within the company execept for the entry-level positions that even a monkey could do. Working as a customer service professional, I am the person that you call to scream at when something has gone awry with your account. The position is very mundane and repetative and you take abuse from abusive customers. Working for this company seems to be great, when you are not on the phones. People in other departments seem to be very happy. And I'm sure get paid a lot more. The culture is a little stiff but not too bad. I just feel like us in the contact center are out of touch almost. For example, joining clubs and organizations within the company is almost impossible since we have to be on the phones at all times. I want to join extra curricular groups, I want to attend meetings-but the phone business need always comes first.
    You can earn bonues based off of your statistics for the month. They want your phone called to be short but yet want you to provide quality service? Sometimes you just cannot do both. You are told when you can go to break, even going to the rest room out of your designated break time can count against you. The position is not hard, just mundane. And I sometimes feel no bigger than a pawn-a broke pawn. While my CEO probably lives in a mansion or two or three.

The higher up the management is, the less I know about them nor do we see or know about them. Our direct supervisors usually work closely with us as do their bosses-but not much higher than that. I just find it insane to pay one individual so much money, but pay the entry level such a drasticly lower amount. I thought we were all a team, arent we all important? Why should in any company, one person make 9.00 per hour and another make 2 million dollars a year? But yet, we are supposed to be "One Bank".

Fifth Third Photos

Fifth Third Bank offices at 424 Church Street, Nashville, TN (Photo attributed to F McGady - )
Fifth Third
Fifth Third Bank offices in 1000 Town Center, Southfield detroit. (Photo attributed to Dave Parker - )
Fifth Third Bank headquarter offices in Cincinnati, Ohio (Photo attributed to Derek Jensen - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0)

+ Add Photo