Fiserv

Updated 17 November 2014
2.6

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • The work-life balance was exactly what I was looking for--40 hour work week (in 70 reviews)

• Current technologies with the option to work from home with manager approval (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 22 reviews)

• It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

Old school oversized megalith

Current Employee - Anonymous in Sydney
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Sydney

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

No real supervision and can work from home when you want. Might be opportunity to transfer internally or internationally.

Cons

Pays below barley rate for product specialists and fir sales guys.
    Bureaucratic indifference but they pass off as being career oriented.

Spend some of that $700M free cash on staff below VP level and reinvest in software

Most admired company in the world....hate to see the least.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home benefits, a number of good colleagues and some interesting projects from time to time.

Cons

No leadership,the current leadership team is only concerned about themselves and elitist. Poor pay compared to industry. Very very low level of engagement and consultation from leadership unless they have a kpi to meet. Products are expensive,inflexible and old with little to no investment in development. Only acquisition and integration of other companies to join the over 100 companies that have been bought.

Plenty but there isn't a point providing feedback anymore as nothing is ever actioned or changed. And no one is interested in feedback anyway. Just ticking a box.

Organisational Mayhem

Former Employee - Program Manager in Sydney
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Sydney

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very little to none as a contractor

Cons

Worked for 4 months delivering an online banking platform. when I arrive the project was 2 and half years behind schedule, 25 million over budget. A project director who was overwhelmed and more interested in padding his career than taking care of those he brought in to help him. Ridiculously long hours, people engaged in jobs they have no ability or skills to deliver, bullied and unrealistic dead lines. Low morale and a robbing Paul to pay Peter. being associated with this organisation can irreparable damage your credibility

Try mastering what it takes to deliver a program rather than chasing the business at all cost. manage the risk and never under-estimate what it takes to deliver. stop paying lip service to the customers and understand the stress levels applied to your staff

Poor Management, US centric

I have been working at Fiserv as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Established clientele, some great projects

Cons

Terrible work culture, worst knowledge sharing Enterprise I have worked in (Esp. in some of their large programs in Australia implementing Corrillian Online Banking)
    Poor estimation, causing burn outs, long hours and weekend work with no compensation
    Management seems to have not as much as a clue on how to run its business profitably or to embrace change
    Traditional cheque and payment processing company mentality
    No large enterprise project management capability
    Architecture, Technology capabilities are poor
    Hires and fires great people very often

Must focus on establishing good work culture, and nurturing your employees bottom-up

I'm Not Happy, But I have A Paycheck

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Associate in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Associate in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As far as call centers go, Fiserv does have the best one I have worked in. Clean, bright environment. Friendly people. Lots of "morale" activities. Nice benefits, even if they are pricey. The potential to earn a bonus each quarter. It is not hard to move around in the department which is nice because supporting the same thing for months and months can become tedious. Some flexibility of schedule. The annual review process does give you a voice to talk about the things you have accomplished through the year which is good. It does seem like the management in the call center tries to recognize people when they have done well, or have gone above and beyond. Some opportunity for project work and experience outside of your normal position.

Cons

Call Center metrics are aggressive and possibly unattainable if you aren't cutting corners which can be very frustrating. Compensation for most call center associates is poor. Occurrence system is pedantic at best and wildly disrespectful of the fact that human beings are not robots nor do their lives revolve around Fiserv. There needs to be better career paths for call center associates. There does seem to be a LOT of cronyism going on.

The Call Center environment (in any company) is an incredibly challenging environment to be an associate in. Being successful at the associate level, as it stands (in ANY call center), often requires you to sacrifice your basic needs, as well as suffer high levels of disrespect on a daily basis. It would be really great if we could change the current paradigm. I have heard so many associates talk about getting a "grown up job" when discussing how much they are dissatisfied working in the call center at Fiserv. This is because in our pursuit to please the client and drive service levels into the green, those of us working on the front lines are treated as children made to justify our ever action or lack there of. You are ranked and valued based on the most recent metrics report. Previous excellence and future potential mean very little and we associates are told that every day. Respect the associates as much as you do the customers and clients we serve. Make this feel like a "grown up job."

Fiserv, innovative financial services company

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Completely transparent, you get what you are promised. Cool technology in bill pay products coming out frequently. If you do what you say you will, you will be recognized for your contributions.

Cons

I worked away from corporate office and often there was disconnect between home office and our office.

Continue to find the talents of people and give them responsibilities and financial benefit. Great employees throughout company waiting to do more.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Fiserv as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay for an internship.
    Great managers and coworkers.
    Friendly work environment.
    Casual attire.
    On-campus cafeteria.
    Growing company.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities.
    Underwhelming and isolating office spaces.
    Lack of responsibilities.
    Too many hoops to jump through to get anything done (Corporate policies I suppose).

Too many changes

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Depending on the department, you may just have an awesome supervisor. I was never micro-managed, so that was great.

Cons

Before all of the changes took place, this was a great company to work for. Suddenly, top management changed and all the new managers started hiring their friends and everything went crazy. Everyone's workload wasn't evenly distributed and things just became drastically unfair.

Appreciate those who have worked in the trenches for this company instead of swapping them out for your friends who know little to nothing. You're the reason the turnaround rate is increasing drastically.

They understand banking technology -- but not much about marketing

Former Employee - Senior Writer in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Writer in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Solid company that is well-positioned in their market -- banking technology. Given the nature of their product, they are data-driven with measurable goals and expectations.

Cons

I worked in the marketing department. The business decisions around branding and marketing were politically-driven with the total focus on pleasing people of influence within the organization.

Create a culture that invites customer-focused thinking and less concerned about internal dynamics

Good Experience

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to learn lot more about Processes and Banking.
    My experience was quite good. People can maintain good work-life balance.

Cons

Very low level politics. Even though higher management is good but team politics is damn dirty.