Flextronics

Flextronics Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara

Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good(in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough(in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects(in 11 reviews)

Quality Technican

Quality Inspector (Former Employee) Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Pros- Good people to work with
    - Good Benefits
    - Professional enviroment

Cons- Low job security
    - no enhancement in career development
    - No bonus pay or motivational tactics

Typical MEGA corporation mentality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA (US)

ProsGood benefits, opportunities to try different departments for better fit and wide variety of types of positions. Lots of locations worldwide so opportunity to travel or for relocation.

ConsCorporate management and structure is constantly changing. The company is so large they have no depth in actual experienced managers for a variety of the segments. Ends up just a corporate pencil pusher or finance people really making decisions. This may work for their electronics divisions but not so great for some of the other more highly regulated divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain people that know what they are doing rather than the lowest paid person. Or sacrificing experienced people in order to afford a high paid manager that doesn't know what they are doing.

best company to work for!!

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood work ethics, sound knowledge and good treatment respect.

Conshighly specialized and too good in management.

Advice to Senior Managementna

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- good benefits, learn from experienced colleagues

Cons- the management does not contact in the appropriate way and its results will be lot of misunderstoods

Incredible pace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOne can gain professional experience with lots of customers in a variety of industries within a short period of time.

ConsCulture is based on loyalty - you try to stick with a manager and his advancement is considered the guarantee for your own job security. People dont trust their professional performance to stay in current job or get a new one within the company, need a "sponsor" and that distorts their judgement and prioritisation (pleasing the sponsor is the #1 aspect for all future decisions).

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk - root out unacceptable leadership behaviour.

Unorganized

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsGood pay... people are nice.

ConsCorporate training strong but local training non-existent. Morale in some departments very discouraging. Poor work like balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work-life balance....better core training for systems for all departments.

Who you know matters big time at Flex. Internal politics unfortunately growing. Lots of start/stop activity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood global manufacturing experience.
    Great global footprint
    Well respected EMS provider for OEM's....trying to shift focus to supply chain service company and shirk true EMS moniker.
    Creating partnerships with very large companies to play in evolving eco-systems.

ConsDirect Labor treated as a commodity and disposable.
    No loyalty.
    Super tight cost focus due to low margins. Lay-offs regular, reorgs regular, travel freeze regular.
    Forecasting is weak.
    Culture given good lip service....not truly lived.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO needs to get more active/engaged with employees. Good customer focus guy....weak employee focus. No EQ, good IQ Has great ability to do so, but chooses not to.. More respect for GM's at manufacturing plants needed. Corporate calls too many shots independent of local site input.

Growing learning, and Leaving

ProsI was a telecommuter for most of my time. The benefits were great and I loved the people.

ConsTelecommuters were called into offices. Business comes and goes so the people managing that business may do the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees! Acknowledge their contributions.

It was a great place to work as the people were great..

Regional Director (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGreat company, people want to perform and do well for their direct reports. Team synergy is fantastic. Great flexibility when it comes to being able to telecommute

ConsClient managed and senior management did not make the right business decisions when it came to who need to be kept when re-alignment was done. disappointed as it was just a friends thing and not who was doing the best. Sad

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to ensure senior leadership is making decisions based on the business not on who they like.

Great

Analyst (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsGood friendly environment where the growth is confirmed

ConsMonth end pressure, more training from L&D

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!