Flextronics

Flextronics Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara

Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good(in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough(in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects(in 11 reviews)

Advanced EMS company

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA (US)

ProsCompany invests lots of state of art technology and makes the company an EMS pioneer

ConsTop management shows much less respect to the employees than customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be thoughtful to employees while trying eagerly growing business.

Great company but falling apart slowly

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsExcellent exposure of how the organization works. New challenges keep you in the mood to go for more and stay hungry. Revision in compensation to match market standards.
    Measurable goals and achievable targets.

ConsData oriented leadership and quite Weak for few support functions diluting the primary objective and resulting in extremely shabby decisions.
    Compensation is inconsistent across similar levels
    High on cost consciousness and nothing wrong about it until it starts to hurt the morale of the employees (Ground level, who contribute towards the operations)
    Culture needs to be infused across all levels

Big corporation but small business mind

ProsBenefit is decent and working hours is flexible.

ConsNot really organized. Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects. If you want to get some experience, it is ok place. However, not more than that. Flextronics is a manufacture company but trying to be innovative and trying to be a leader in the tech market.. However, at the end it is a manufacture company.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should know how to run the business and give people more clear directions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My roles and responsibilities is to provide solution for critical failures & corrective action for hardware pcbs

Debug Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Proswe can learn more and more improve our technical knowledge

ConsDont want to specify this

Advice to Senior Managementprovide opportunities for employes to go to next higher level

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsHard work is appreciated and promotions from within are plentiful.

ConsWhen you are really bust work life balance can be tough.

Amazing company to learner and gain experience.

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLots of training, upper management really cares about us as a person.

ConsInability to advance quickly, extremely large company and poor communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a larger platform for the different areas of the business with will allow more growth. Rapid communication, with correct information across the board.

It was okay...

Assembler/Testing/Technician (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsDecent pay, easy work, consistent hours

ConsTons of idiots around you, ridiculous procedures, emphasis on idiots

GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR

Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) West Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsGood pay and good experience. Hours weren't that bad. OK management. Customer service is definitely a must at this job. Don't expect to never be busy, but makes the day go by fast. Good area to work around as well.

ConsManagement is made to where you don't get weekends off at all. The loyal employees are overlooked when it comes to promotions. Sometimes management acts to where you expendable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better, especially the loyal ones.

Satisfied

Team Leader (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsGood resource management, Lots of opportunity to showcase our talent & grow.
    Taking good care towards employee to development personal as well.
    Just like Business school. Learn & Grow!!!

ConsCost Reduction activities, No recreation room, No tax benefits,
    Can expand transport facility towards safety to women employees during odd-timing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowing company

10 years in electronics

Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) Budapest, MO (US)

ProsYou are never bored. Good performance resulting in promotions. Management is open for suggestions. Training opportunities available.

ConsIf you are not in the "inner circle" you can easily be the first to be fired during a headcount cut independently of your performance, this is mainly relevant at leader levels. In case of an average employee it is based on real performance. Working environment is not always good in all offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementLessons learned never identified from business fails. No real benchmark why no more business can be reached.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!