Flextronics Reviews

Updated 11 September 2014
3.1

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara
Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good (in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Not In Your Best Interest

I worked at Flextronics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits and Compensation Package, Competent Leaders

Cons

They will use you to the point of abuse, and when they are done, drop you. While the compensation package is good, they will tell you one thing about schedule and the future, and know this, even as an associate you will work 60+ hours a week; NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU. Get what you can for certifications and leave.

Remember when companies react, employees that worked hard suffer.

External people receive better pay

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is a well established company with many years in the market. It is very flexible when asking for days off. The benefits are good.

Cons

External people receive better pay. If a person get a job in Flextronics, he/she will get better salary than the guys who are working there for some years. The pay is not very good.

Change the situation with the salaries.

Good work culture but not satisfied by their Salary policies

Current Employee - Buyer Direct Material  in  Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Buyer Direct Material in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good corporate culture, moderate work life balance, hard to get promotions

Cons

some projects are hard to work and some of them wont support.

Suggest to improve the HR policy regarding salary.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad Management- Quality Department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time

Pros

Pay is ok and the benefits are good. There are alot of experienced inspectors working inthe quality department with great work ethics. Most of the people are very helpful to new employees.

Cons

While there are good inspectors, most inspectors are not compensated for their experience and contribution to the success of the company. This is due in part to the people who are placed in supervisory positions without the skills and knowledge that are needed for this position and this includes working with different races, genders, and backgrounds. Supervisors who strategically place inspectors that they like in key working areas only when it is time for layoffs so that their job will be secured. Unfortunately, this causes good experienced people to be laid off. The bad thing about this is that the supervisor who encourages bad work habits from the inspectors such as long breaks and lunches, falsifying time and worst of all, the mentallity that "it's all about quanity not quality", is still employed to start all over again.

Hire experienced supervisors that know something about the job and how to keep their personal feelings out of the workplace, as this is not the place or the position for the unfairness that has been demonstrated here. Also, listen to complaints from the employees on the floor and let them know that their complaint has been investigated and the results of it, because not everybody is wrong about a particular supervisor. In the future, please do not let the supervisor who writes the employees' review choose who should be laid off because there is too much room for favoritism.

Flex is a global Company with many Sites in many different countries

Current Employee - Global Strategic Supply Chain Manager  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Global Strategic Supply Chain Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flex is a global Company with many Sites in many different countries . Many of the sites feature Amenities like Cafe , gyms and rec area . Many SItes also offer bonuses and incentive based on Compensation to hourly employees.

Cons

Due to the lean nature of the business model , not all sites enjoy the amenities above . Often employees are place uner harsh work schedules and are asked to perform well under heavy pressure ,also jobs in US and Europe are moving to oversea and India due to Cut cost on all the lean project .

Keep jobs in US will save more money than cleaning up all the mess in oversea

Lot of opportunity at the higher levels

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Great opportunity for those willing to take initiative
    Fast paced environment with little tolerance for bureaucracy
    Good people culture without inter division politics that I have seen at similar sized companies

Cons

Operations focus often leads to tactical, 'low risk and low rewards' near term decisions
    Senior management are starting to adopt a more strategic approach but may take time for rank and file to change behaviors

Think like a product company and feel free to be open to more ideas and taking some risks

good learning

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

environment exposure culture benefit name skills set salary

Cons

instability never secure companies blur top management plan in vague

diversify

Best place to see what you are made of

Current Employee - Test Engineer
    Current Employee - Test Engineer

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. If you are a decided person nobody will stop you transpose your ideas to reality; you are always encouraged to improve things and not to be satisfied with sufficient
    2. Quarterly bonuses, vacation bonuses

Cons

1. Highly dynamical work environment, always in a change, so you always have to adapt and your work seems to always never reach a goal
    2. Have to take care of small administrative tasks that are very time consuming and do not have any value added to your knoeledge

Hire more people.

Current Employee

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunities to grow, great people to work with, flexible schedule.

Cons

Provide more Leadership development training

It helped me mature and get a very intensive experience, which contributed crucially in my career.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Sorocaba, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Sorocaba, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I got an intensive experience, I could understand and follow the company's politics effectively. My direct managers had a very wide experiences, thus I could learn and develop a lot.
    I had crucial opportunities of growth, I was promoted once a year and could have experience in several departments of the company.

Cons

The workload is really heavy, for a period I had about 60hs of overtime monthly (beyond the normal 45hs weekly). Some people get really stressed due the pressure for results (this made me mature a lot and learn how to deal with it, but some people get really bad for that, even sick).
    The food they offered in the company's restaurant was really bad, many people (including myself) brought food from home - some days it was impossible to eat the food offered.
    The food was a huge problem for me, I spent a lot of money eating out or a lot of work bringing food from home.

I would be happy to pay a little more for the food benefit if they could improve the food quality, as I stated in the Cons, it was a huge problem for me.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!