Fluor

Fluor Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Fluor CEO David T. Seaton

David T. Seaton

Pros
  • 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect (in 15 reviews)

• The working environment at company is very good and better than most of the competitors in the market (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is too disconnected from project employees and mid-level management (in 11 reviews)

• Big Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked in waste disposal management at FLUOR as well as a bus driver, I drove locals in Afghanistan.

Bus Driver (Former Employee) Bagrām (Afghanistan)

ProsFluor company is well organized, good wages, vacations also.

ConsThere is a possibility for advancement in the field in their field of work.

Good

Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation , vacation time. Employees work together as a team. Takes pride in safety.

ConsManagement was not trained and those that have been at the company for years have to train new management on what to do. Inventory of supplies was limited or not available at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within and not have employees with the potential to progress in the company train new hired upper management

Although I have only worked at Fluor since earning my degree. I have found that the opportunities are endless.

Design Engineer II (Current Employee) Sugar Land, TX (US)

ProsMajor opportunities for advancement and career development

ConsHuge company, so you must put forth major effort to gain exposure and access to opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to groom the future leaders to prepare the company for all the boomers retiring which we are already seeing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Director

Senior Project Director (Current Employee) Santiago (Chile)

ProsSalary, Training, Knowledge database, experienced leadership, career opportunities. International job assignments available for employees willing to travel. Open minded management, embraces positive change.

ConsNot many, doors are open for all genders, and races to excel. Fluor believes in people. Fluor is slow to embrace new technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training, invest in retaining key resources when projects ebb.

Fair company, good opportunites

Water Resource Specialist (Current Employee) Bagrām (Afghanistan)

ProsProvides opportunities to grow within field. Great safety program. Competitive salary plus great bonus's Great company to work for overseas.

ConsThough we are in a hazard zone this company provides poor living conditions when compared to competing companies in middle east.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training for interpersonal skill for management level positions

Great company with great pay and benefits.

Human Resources/IR Tech II (Current Employee) Greenville, SC (US)

ProsRelaxed working environment, always chaning directions for the betterment of the organization. Great benifits, off every other Friday, accumulated TOWP at a very fair rate, flexible with shcedules to meet the needs of employees and home life.

ConsLacking in communication effecting employees, too many click groups instead of team players. Growth depending on the department you work in. Stacking of team based on personal relationships instead of skill set and professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see management choose their leaders using a different criteria. Too many leaders say the right thing to their managers and do not follow through to the team. Would like to see upper management visit each department and get a true working knowledge of our daily activities.

Safety is first at Fluor, very good company to work for

Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsProfessional people they know their jobs

Consmy current position is in Afghanistan

Very challenging, yet extremely educational.

Project Procurement Manager (Former Employee) Sugar Land, TX (US)

ProsSalary was very competitive.
    Opportunities to Grow.
    Education atmosphere.

ConsProject to project based employment.
    Long hours.
    Stuck in time with approach to retaining talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTap into the talent already there.

Associate Design Engineer

Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood pay, great training and guidelines and staff

ConsNo employee retention due to project workload decrease

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to work out a balanced agenda on workload and protect employees from undesired cirscunstances

Great company

Associate Estimator (Former Employee) Sugar Land, TX (US)

ProsVery professional company with a great work schedule.

ConsCyclical work as it is in the oil industry. Down times can lead to lay-offs.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!