Forever 21

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.4 1,252 reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won Chang

Do Won Chang

Pros
  • Fun clothes, some delightful people, super-fast-paced; your days just fly by (in 77 reviews)

• Forever 21 is a fashion forward company (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 75 reviews)

• Expect long hours with little regard to your personal life (in 65 reviews)

More Highlights
1,252 Employee Reviews

All hard work, nothing to show for it.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsHires just about anyone. Fun, fashionable atmosphere. Friendly employees. Management works well with your availability schedule if you have other commitments including school.

ConsExpectations are set very high. Terrible pay. No benefits. Very poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had a problem with discrimination on multiple occasions during work hours and I told my manager at the time of the incident. He claimed he had told the store manager and that they were going to address it but, three months have passed by and nothing has been done about it. My advice would be to listen to your employees especially for a special situation like mentioned.

It was OKAY--Satisfactory

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsI loved the environment and my co-workers were great (except for a few). Great management also--I still remain friends with one of the managers there although I no longer work there

ConsThe pay wasn't that great but it was better than min. wage. Also, dealt with many difficult customers but it does train you on how to deal with these customers in a positive way. The employee discount was terrible though--discount was basically just the tax taken off.

Great opportunity for those interested in fashion

XXI Sales Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThis store is always busy do you will receive good hours. The pay is okay but may be different based on location. Management is understanding if you have scheduling issues and things like that.

ConsThe employee discount is only 10%. The job may become very tiring because it is always busy meaning lots of go backs and maintenance on the sales floor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Forever 21

Team Leader (Current Employee) Sunrise, FL (US)

ProsIf you work hard then you can easily get notice and become promoted.

ConsNow they are cutting hours and part time employees can not go over 29.5 hours which sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking in retail is not easy, so it would be nice if we had better pay and better benefits as a part time and full time employee.

Good for a first retail job, but avoid holiday seasonal work if you can.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThey hired me without any retail experience, thus allowing me to actually get some experience, which I appreciate. Pay is just minimum wage, so it's a good temporary job for high school and college students who don't have to pay all their bills yet. Overall, the employees were pretty nice.

ConsWorking during the Christmas season sucked (of course). The store was huge and made for a huge mess. Clothes out of place everywhere that led to closing shifts being longer than they were supposed to be. All the employees and managers always seemed really stressed out, especially about how the store looked, which did not make for a good environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementChill out with your younger managers and maybe find a better way to organize the store considering there's way too much product.

Retail.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Doral, FL (US)

ProsSchedule flexibility is a pro especially for those who are still in school and are just looking for a part time job.

ConsWorking retail is in itself a con because of the exhaustion that comes with it. It's literally the second worst next to fast food. The amount of hours are minimal, we can't work more than 25 hours a week anymore.

Accessory Specialist

ProsGood first job, opportunity for advancement with good manager, pays better than most fashion retail store, non commission, great hours for people with flexible schedule

ConsHour can be long, non flexiable hours, bad store management, no room for advancement with bad manager

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate need to be more organize, need better management training, lower associate could use benefit,

Ehh..

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsI was paid above minimum wage.
    10% employee discount.. which isn't much of a discount at all!

ConsIt was almost commission based. The more people said your name at the register, the more hours you would receive to work and eventually make more money.
    I was a college student at the time and told I would be able to come back during the winter break to work again and was denied when I came back and asked

I worked as a Sales Associate at Forever 21. I handled transactions, organized merchandise, and assisted customers.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe best part about working there was making the store look good, and assisting with visual merchandising. Helping customers find what they were looking for was also a plus. On a daily basis I would help style customers and help them decide what looked best on them. I also love to organize, so keeping the store in top shape was a plus for me.

ConsOne con was the time off policies. If you call in sick, you are written up immediately with a "strike 1." Other than that, there were really no cons. My managers and co workers were excellent to work with and it was a fun and fast paced environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter time off policies for part time employees

Good pay for retail horrible senior management

Visual Manager (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD (US)

ProsHealth benefits after 6 months, pay raise every 6 months, fun for fashion lover

ConsUpper level management is trash!!! High turnover of employees, discount sucks

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers!!!

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!