Forever 21

2.5
1,667 Reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Pros
  • Its a very fast paced business so the store made money and so there was always hours (in 95 reviews)

• The company is very fashion forward, and prices are very affordable (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 92 reviews)

• Also the customer the company targets is vey unfriendly to sales associates (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

Forever 21 is a unique company to work for!

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Forever 21 is a company that promotes creativity and independence. With such a diverse combination of employees, you really get to experience what it's like when you bring all the creative-corporate people together under one roof.

Cons

Since the company is still growing, they are still implementing new policies and procedures. This means something could exist one day, and be gone the next. You have to be willing to take on a heavy workload and adapt very quickly.

Create a more positive work environment.

I am very thankful for the opportunity in working at this company. Growing within and accepting me.

Current Employee - Visual Manager
    Current Employee - Visual Manager

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

You have so much room to grow in this company and they permit you to be creative when you get the chance to merchandise and make the store look pretty and refresh.

Cons

The company just needs a better set on time frame, and organization. They seem to communicate things to late to the staff when it comes to updates, set ups, receiving the right marketing and insufficient product. Sizing is one of the biggest issues for the company in general.

Make sure to communicate at all times, ideas, projects, scheduling, etc.

A Good Place To Start

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It has a pretty good work environment. All the employees are really cool and nice. Even the management team.
    The work is really easy. You'll either run the register and maintain the floor, or you'll run the fitting room and maintain the floor.
    You'll learn a lot if it's your first job. That being said it's a good place to get work experience.
    Relatively flexible work schedule.
    Easy to move up considering how little positions there are. Especially from Associate to Head Cashier.

Cons

The discount is a measly 10%, but the clothes are already inexpensive.
    The hours can be low as it can really depend on your availability. A new policy they implemented caps anyone that isn't management can only get 25 hours a week.
    Training can be good or real bad. Some people train well. And sometimes they leave you on your own. But its not like the work is hard.
    Since everyone is part time there are no benefits or profit sharing or anything.
    Scheduling can vary since management does it.

I say it's a good place to start because it is. Their isn't a lot of perks or anything but everyone is really nice.
    You'll have the opportunity to learn a lot and you can eventually take that experience and move somewhere else. These are one of the few stores that doesn't require any experience and as someone who was part of the hiring process is pretty easy.
    Management can be pretty good or pretty bad.
    Raises are the stuff of legends. You have to annoy your Store Manager just to get your evaluation.
    Having and maintaining a good experience is like anywhere else and depends on the attitude. There are a lot of employees that are lazy and just complain when they don't do anything. And there are amazing employees that you think could secretly be machines and they have a good time. You have to go in willing to do your best everyday.

Do your entire job. I know there's a lot of paper work and stuff we don't see you do, but that doesn't mean you don't manage the floor. You get full time, bonuses, and a hire salary to do all that stuff not put it on whoever is there.

Hard work, decent pay, lack of communication

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Fun environment, great people, pays higher than most retail stores, always has hours to give, lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

Discount is only 10%, pto builds up at a ridiculously slow rate, management reaps higher bonuses and rewards for meeting goals, no encouragement for visuals, sales, or stock. Corporate seems like they have no idea how to properly or efficiently run a major business.

Train your team, provide encouragement

Store is ALWAYS a mess due to a huge variety in merchandise

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly managers and a nice environment to work in.
    You're always on your feet and never bored because there's always something to clean up or someone to help.
    Huge stores usually so managers don't pin point you when you're occasionally off task dozing off.
    You can literally wear anything (except for exposed logos) but when i mean anything i mean, you can come in jeans and a sweater and they wouldn't care (although I enjoy dressing up for work)

Cons

Horrible employee discount of 10%
    Too much merchandise and the visuals always change where everything goes so it's hard to direct customers.
    Mornings are so slow there's absolutely nothing to do
    But closing is always the worst because we tend to close beyond scheduled timing
    Too many go-backs that are hard to pin point where they go because of the ever changing layout of the store.
    Many employees are careless because Managers aren't so strict

Please lay off some employees and give shifts to deserving employees.
    There are over 300 employees at the Dufferin location and over 2/3 don't have shifts anyway

Its was ok

Former Employee - Head Cashier
    Former Employee - Head Cashier

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

I gained personal growth while working here. They were for the most part accommodating to mys school schedule.

Cons

I felt like I couldn't take off because I could not really afford it being that I was not being compensated well. every time I came in the store it was chaotic and I knew I would have to clean it up.

The store manager should be present more often.

Good job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

lot of opportunity, and nice atmosphere to work in

Cons

paid on the minimum wage

keep doing the great work

Great friends, terrible managers and little room for progression

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Staff are really nice and you all become part of a work family. Also breaks are paid for which I suppose is a plus.

Cons

Only 10% staff discount, managers are really rude and cold, managers gang up on staff, badly organised, generally the atmosphere is pretty crap as everyone hates it and the managers are always negative.

Be a human being

Pretty good for my first job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Experience in the retail world, sufficient break times esp if you work 7-8 hours, ability to work your way up

Cons

favoritism, low pay for the loads of work you do,

Enforce rules and training on new workers.