Forever 21 Reviews

2.3
1,342 Reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Pros
  • Fun clothes, some delightful people, super-fast-paced; your days just fly by (in 77 reviews)

• Forever 21 is a fashion forward company (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 75 reviews)

• Expect long hours with little regard to your personal life (in 65 reviews)

More Highlights

Enjoyable and always busy

Current Employee - Stock Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Stock Associate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, seeing new merchandise coming in and getting first pick, getting retail experience, freedom to wear what you want as long as it is fashionable (except logo brands).

Cons

Not getting a lot of hours, minimum wage pay.

Miss communication happens sometimes and that should be fixed.

A year and a half too long

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Forever 21 at first was an amazing experience. I met so many amazing people that I consider more than just my coworkers, I was given a modest wage with good hours considering I'm still in school, I was trained to do everything and multitask, I worked my way up and gained management's recognition. It pretty much is a great place to learn how to develop skills for your future careers.

Cons

I began realizing how much I disliked the organization from management maybe eight months in. Management really doesn't care about you or your goals to advance in the store, I know because I've worked so hard to move up to work with the visual team and they don't communicate back to me at all and just throw me onto the sales floor. Why? Because they don't care about your feelings, they just want to use you. Also, all they care about is making money. Obviously a retail store would want to make money, but they scream into the walkies about having five minutes left to make the hourly sales goal and they pester you to customer service, even when you are and doing the best you can. Oh and 10% discount? Really?

My advice to management is to better organize yourselves, treat your employees how you want to be treated and speak to your employees how you would want to be spoken to, and make better decisions to make the money. A sales team that is pestered and discouraged is not a sales team that will make you money.

Working for F21

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Grueling but great experience, and intense but perfect for those who chose retail as their first experience. Working for Forever 21 definitely takes a lot out of you but gives so much back in terms of experience. If you have a passion for fashion and can "move with a sense of urgency" - somewhat equivalent to a cheetah, there is no way that you cannot continue to move up in this company. Having worked here for a little over 2 years I have mastered the floor, working my way up to head cashier, accessories specialist, and now a visual merchandiser. DREAMS DON'T WORK UNLESS YOU DO! In this field as well, you have got to be a leader FYI or they will milk you for all you are worth.

Cons

Not getting the recognition you deserve but that also comes from taking initiative and not being afraid to have a voice. Sorry discount for as hard as employees bust their butts, but awesome starting out salary for entry level associates.

CREATE INCENTIVE and don't forget your associates are real life human beings with feelings. Seriously. Make the work place fun and exciting and enjoyable. Treat everyone the same - "the hand of one, is the hand of all". Enforce that and associates will definitely respect you more and have more reason to work hard.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tolerable.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  West Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

There really isn't much responsibility besides keeping the store clean and organized.

Cons

When you close the store you are there much later than scheduled and the company just doesn't seem to care. Employee discount only covers tax.

Care about your employees more.

fun fun fun

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for less than a year

Pros

great pay,good people,great fashion, fun place to work!

Cons

unorganized managment, bad communication, hours were kinda all over the place,

make sure when hiring a new employee direct them towards management so they will know who to call for help.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, fun environment. Great for students trying to get some extra cash on the side. The stores have a great atmosphere!

Cons

Nothing really, the job is a retail job. Deal with customers and be efficient and you should be fine.

Ok

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate  in  Dearborn, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Dearborn, MI (US)

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount Fun postive Easy-going Chill Personal growth Leadership promotions.

Cons

Not a lot of hours

Value employees more.

Overall, a fun and fast and annoying environment all at once.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Coworkers are probably the best part of the job. My coworkers are great and is the biggest motivation to get out of bed and go to work. I advise you to get comfortable around your coworkers and make friends with them otherwise it will just be boring at work. (Though, some coworkers just don't communicate with others and stay in their cliques) 2. You always have something to do. You're never just standing there waiting for the manager to tell you what to do. It's a very fast paced environment so you're never bored just standing around. Also, time goes by way faster when you're busy. 3. The clothes are super cute. When you're on the floor cleaning, doing go backs, or fitting room, you're always looking at clothes and it motivates you to keep working because you're thinking about your paycheque and buying that shirt that caught your eye while working.

Cons

1. Tiring. But that's just like any other job you will have. 2. The 10% employee discount. It basically only covers the tax here in Vancouver, BC. Sometimes, not even. 3. Managers have their favourites and it makes you feel uncomfortable sometimes. So I advise you to get social with your managers and be comfortable speaking to them like they are your best friends. 4. 30 min unpaid break. 5. Customers can get really frustrating and annoying.

Stop favouritism and treat ALL workers equally.

Sales Position

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  White Plains, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in White Plains, NY (US)

I worked at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very cool atmosphere, very laid back,

Cons

The store was always a mess

Get to know your employee's more

Forever twenty funs!!!

Current Employee - Visual Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Visual Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working here is like training for fashion/retail Olympics.... It gets really real. As a merchandiser/ stylist/ visual manger, all positions I have held, you will learn the skills to make you a highly marketable asset within the work force. The work load is heavy and at times unrealalistic , especially on the visual end, due to the structure of the company. It is a place that rewards hard work ( I have gotten promoted 4 times in less than three years, I have traveled internationally for store openings, within my first year with forever 21) lots of opportunities to meet executives, my store manager is amazing, as is my district manager, district field, and the Vice President of stores Jeff.

Cons

You have to hustle here mediocre will keep you down. You have to look amazing, move fast, work hard, and be extremely flexible with your schedule, or you WILL NOT be successful. I have seen a lot of merchandisers get stuck in there positions for years (4,5,6...8 years) but they are usually not very good at hustling, which you have to have to work here.

Like all retail jobs, this ruins your ability to be with family on holidays

If you do not like direction/ constructive criticism, DO NOT work here, as you will get a lot of direction from many different people, sometimes conflicting direction.

This job is very stressful

Cut back of some of the last minute projects/ promotions , as they do not always impact the business, and take away from other projects that can be more profitable

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!