Forrester Research

Forrester Research Reviews

Updated Apr 09, 2014

Forrester Research Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony

George F. Colony

Pros:
  • "Very good work life balance as long as you have a manager that doesn't feel the need to micromanage"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Excellent benefits, esp vacation, beautiful work space, smart people"
    in 38 reviews
Cons:
  • "The aforementioned work/life balance definitely helps to outweigh the former and the latter produces opportunities"
    in 11 reviews
  • "There is a hesitence to speak the truth to senior management"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great young company

I worked at Forrester Research full-time

Proshard working young workers, social, friendly work environment, great CEO

Conslot of change in management

Great experience

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Forrester Research full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere's no better place/industry to be on top of everything going on in tech. As an analyst, you have the opportunity to connect with the best in the industry.

ConsCompany's strategy and direction changes every 6 months, and not everyone is always on board. That's when churn happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees for feedback on direction, especially since analysts are in the industry and know the direction it's going in.

Great place to build a career!

I have been working at Forrester Research full-time for more than 3 years

ProsForrester is a great place for truly motivated high-performers to excel in their careers. It is a company that truly embraces the concept that ideas compete and people collaborate. This is a place where you will work with very smart people who are passionate about helping our clients solve meaningful business challenges, whether in sales research or corporate.

ConsAs the company matures it is losing some of its entrepreneurial culture and artistry.

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of change can be tough for some types of people to absorb. Those who can't be successful with some ambiguity and constant change will find it tough to advance in their careers--and so shouldn't be hired in the first place.

Great place to work and learn

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Forrester Research full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWhat you are able to learn, the exposure to organizations of all types, sizes, industries etc. Forrester is a great place to crash course you in business acumen in the tech world.

ConsYou need to learn how to navigate the ecosystem, and play the game. Nothing new to see here, you'll find this anywhere you go.

Almost constant change, sometimes frustrating to deal with all the moving parts and how it affects they way you run your business

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it simple.

Quality People, Interesting Work, Low Pay

Senior Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Forrester Research full-time for more than a year

ProsI have mentors that are invested in my professional growth and development. I am a respected member of my team, and my voice is listened to despite my junior title. The people are just fantastic to work with, and I've made some great friends along the way.

ConsThe job and people are demanding, and the salary doesn't match what they expect from you.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is proud of the fact that Forrester is a "people company," but they have been limiting benefits, and they haven't raised the starting salaries in over a decade. If they don't start showing that they value their people, the good people won't stick around. They're on thin ice.

Good on the CV, great people but lack of support and growth in Europe

Sales Development Specialist (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Forrester Research full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people at Forrester are what make the company a fun, vibrant and generally good place to work. The pay is reasonable (good basic rubbish commission) therefore you are not hugely incentivised to over perform as an SDS.

ConsForrester is a very U.S. centric company therefore growth in Europe is slow meaning a lack of career opportunities, also the marketing is targeted towards us market even though that is slowly getting better with localised marketing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing for more support in Europe to help grow and retain best talent. Look to promote from within and create a more visual career plan with employees.

Its just a publishing company

I worked at Forrester Research full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou potentially can learn a lot but you will have to work to do it as its full of people from Boston that are basically rude and just done't care about helping anyone.

ConsPeople in Boston basically are not helpful people for example when I was there, if you asked for some help, there was little explanation or help they typically would just send you url and let you figure it out. They decided to go with GMail to save money (they will say it had to do with lots of things including Salesforce) however it was the biggest reduction in productivity with one single swipe.

People don't support each other. Many of the analysts think they know it all and while great at covering subject matter never learned out to work with people. They fire people who are unproductive however there is a very large group (mostly Boston people) that should have been fired long ago but are part of the "family" and hence where there are shuffles (which occur almost every January) they are ducking and hiding and then popping up in new positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a culture where people are supportive. Stop hiring in Boston and start putting people where the clients are and let them work remote if need be to be close to the customer.
Get out of the seat license mentality.

Meh

I worked at Forrester Research

ProsGreat culture, fun people, complex product offerings.

ConsSenior Management was all over the place, to many moving parts, at time felt like sales reps were set up to fail.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

I have been working at Forrester Research full-time for more than a year

ProsThe culture is entirely unique. There is so much goodness here and there is active work going on to bring that to light. The Executive Team is highly visible and approachable. You are set up for success here -- Forrester wants you to succeed.

ConsForrester is a company that implements change across the business often. This has a tendency to throw off some individuals.

Requires high intelligence, a work-hard/play-hard culture, endless room for learning, promotion and $$$.

Account Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Forrester Research full-time for more than a year

Pros-Some of the most intelligent people you'll meet work here, yet they're still friendly and easy-going.
-Executives are VERY accessible. CEO, CMO, CSO, CFO, etc. interact with people all the time, remember you by name.
-Want to talk to top-level executives at major global companies? You will, and it's exhilarating.
-Solid pay and great opportunity for growth and promotion.
-Cambridge office is state of the art - brand new, lots of natural light, free coffee/espresso, ping-pong, foosball, full band setup provided (guitar, bass, drums, piano).
-Literally everyone you run into is smiling and loves to be here, even during times of stress.
-Working from home is always an option - very sensitive to personal needs, especially for commuters.
-If you're a bright, innovative person, you'll fit in great.

Cons-Get ready to work - not necessarily a real 'con,' but this is not a company where you can coast.
-Very long learning curve - again, not exactly a 'con,' but the training can seem endless at times. The Forrester ecosystem requires it.
-Change happens a lot - company messaging, vision, mission, values constantly changing, but with positive, forward-thinking intentions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being as transparent as you currently are! You've created an outstanding culture.

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!

Forrester Research Videos

Forrester Research – Why Work for Us?

A global research and advisory firm, Forrester Research (Nasdaq: FORR) serves professionals in 13 key roles across three distinct client segments. Our clients face progressively complex business and technology decisions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forrester Research reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Forrester Research CEO George F. Colony. All 239 reviews are posted anonymously by Forrester Research employees.