Foster Wheeler

Foster Wheeler Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Foster Wheeler CEO and Director J. Kent Masters

J. Kent Masters

Pros
  • 9/80 work schedule allowed for a good amount of time off (in 4 reviews)

• Relaxed, good engineering computer systems, Flexible working hours, so much good hard working individuals trying to give the company a boost (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary is favourable, but employee benefits require improvements, in particular annual leave days and medical benefits (in 3 reviews)

• Management have lost the plot, The old guard are hanging on a straw,too much Gossip (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

My experience was good, knowledgeable, a great company to work for.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsProposal Department was busy department, challenging able, my trainee was very trained and very professional.

ConsThe hours for working in the proposal hard, they expected you to work long hours and weekend too.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to stop playing games with employees and be honest with employees. Help employees, care about the employees, stand behind your employees, but most of all respect your employees

Great company

ProsEveryone you work with is helpful and pleasant

ConsNo problems at this time

Very Mediocre company.

Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThere isn't a real incentive to target this company unless you are unemployed.

ConsThere isn't a real incentive to target this company unless you are unemployed. This company isn't a world class company yet. They want to be but they haven't made it as yet. Upper management has turned over a number of times in the past few years, leaving you with an unstable feel. The recent buyout by AMEC contributes to this feeling also.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead "Cons" closely.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for an internship.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Pros-Great pay
    -Good people
    -Professional environment
    -Established company in a solid industry
    -Good location (Houston location)
    -Flexible Hours (within reason)

Cons-Office politics that come with a big company
    -The security badge system can seem a bit Orwellian, but understandable for a company with trade secrets
    -Insufferable safety training (that seems to be meant for field workers) for office workers
    -No benefits for contractors (first six months are contract for any employee as far as I know)

An excellent company to work for.

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsVaried opportunities. The technical capabilities of the staff are second to non. World class executions of project. Plenty of overseas opportunities.

ConsThe salary may not be competitive with the likes of other companies nearby. But the work life balance certainly makes up for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more competitive with salaries. Possibly follow the likes of other companies such to use the 9 day fortnight scheme.

Do not stay there for long if you have better opportunities.

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsVery good place for a fresh graduate engineer to start works with. The health benefits and retirement plans are excellent.

ConsThe HR people are an not very helpful for international employees. The management has very strict policy on matters like internet browsing, check-in times etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managment should be more encouraging to empower employees according to their talent and interests.

Decent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbrilliant engineers, nice office space, few quantity of great leader in management positions

Conscontruction department is a disaster, incompetent manager. Tedious procedures

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more young leader in management positions, with energy, hungry to learn, that are bright, great coordinators and humble. Point is- no one ever knows everything about this industry, seems like this industry has the wrong idea of what leadership role should be, great manager are not the ones with the most experience, eloquence or the olders, but those that area great listeners and brilliant coordinator that have great interpersonal skill and positive attitudes.. Team will be more productive, great project atmosphere and healthy successful project.

Many brilliant, hard working, young engineer leader have been run off from this company due to incompetent manager.

Positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProject work pays well if you negotiate

ConsSome promises not kept so keep your eyes open at all times

10 week summer internship in the accounting department.

Summer Intern (Current Employee) Clinton, NJ (US)

ProsFriendly people who are very supportive.

ConsLacking the state of the art technology found in many businesses today.

Amazing company

Senior Piping Stress Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsMedium company, that let you not be just a number

ConsThe security of the job is not good sometimes

Worked for Foster Wheeler? Contribute to the Community!