Four Seasons

Four Seasons Reviews in Canada

Updated Apr 04, 2014

Four Seasons CEO Allen Smith

Allen Smith

Pros
  • there perks that the company give you such as nights away in any four seasons hotel around the world is mind blowing(in 10 reviews)

• Great benefits, employee purchasing of hotel amenities and comp nights to all hotels(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be a little "off" depending on what department you work in(in 21 reviews)

• Long hours as usual for a hospitality job(in 15 reviews)

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

No work/life balance

Concierge (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsBenefits, good perks such as free hotel stays in any four seasons property,

ConsHuge penalties for honest mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up an employee feedback program

Fantastic

Valet (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat People, Good Learning Experiences, Great Working Environment, Excellent Culture, Really take care of employees, Fun!

ConsI don't see any so far. Keep up the good working especially in training programs.

Wonderful Company Culture!

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCompany culture is outstanding. Human Resources and hiring Managers ensure that all new hires naturally embrace the company's principal of 'the golden rule.' Excellence in service is, therefore, both natural and globally consistent.
    A work/life balance is also expected of employees and there is a genuine camaraderie among colleagues.

ConsEmployees do not want to leave! Although the wisdom and know-how from seasoned employees is most often a positive, there are some employees that may not demonstrate business acumen in the 21st century. The company is sometimes too nice though as employees become almost tenured despite performance or overall contribution to the growth of the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to Work for!

ProsComplimentary Room Nights, Amazing employee Experience

ConsI can't think of anything at the moment.

Good entry level training program

Food and Beverage (Current Employee) Whistler, BC (Canada)

ProsAll levels of management willing to help out at any time for any reason. Makes for a very open and enjoyable work environment.

ConsThe resort was in a transition period and as a result the internship started without much direction. But as the summer picked up, those problems were solved.

Superb company culture; very proud to have worked for Four Seasons

ProsSupportive management, great benefits including free hotel nights around the world, superb culture employing the "golden rule" and importantly, an inspiring founder and CEO.

ConsVery, very long hours. Hotels never sleep!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore competitive salaries to justify the time committment.

Excellent Long-Term Career Choice

Director (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe company has always taken care of it's employees and always strives to do the right thing. This company always lends an opportunity for development and very willing to let you try new things you'd never otherwise get to in other companies.

ConsSmall company, limited availability for senior roles in certain disciplines, although, that will change.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to keep the culture

Coordinator

Cooordinator (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosalways supportive, competative salary, great HR department, medical and dental benefits are only average but the benefit of having free nights at any of the hotels is outstanding.

ConsAs work increased they did not increase budgets which results in downsizing of staff, leaving those still with a job with more work than before and no pay increase for additional responsibilities.

Not at all what they claim to be, very disappointed.

Guest Services (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros-Free nights at any Four Seasons Hotel after so many years of service.
    -Meals during your shift are provided by the company.

Cons-Very low wages in an industry that already has below average wages, even compared to other hotels.
    -Very disorganized management team, lacking even the most basic management skills.
    -No fluidity and continuity in management decisions.
    -Too much "politics" and gossip between employees and management.
    -No job security, suspicious hiring/firing practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to get some kind of flow of communication and have ALL management on the same page. You can't expect people to do their jobs properly when they are told four different things from four different managers.

Amazing people used to wowrk there..

Gues Services (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsWell organized establishment with a lot of well educated and experienced people.

ConsThey do not care for their people as much as they want it to show in the media

Advice to Senior ManagementBe true to your golden rule and lead by example

Worked for Four Seasons? Contribute to the Community!