Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.
fredloya.com El Paso, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. Reviews

Updated Apr 03, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fred Loya Jr

A good place to start, but...

Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros-Opportunity for a better paying job for younger individuals ( Hire between 18-23 )
-Good starting point for a professional career
-Hours fit most University schedules

Cons-Urealistic goals and expectations
-Unexpected pay cuts due to "errors"
-Extremely difficult to move up within company unless you are in the manager's clique
-Hiring preference to good-looking women or spanish speakers regardless of experience, attitude, or work ethic.

Due to conflicts with my school schedule I asked for my two weeks. Showed up to work the next day to find I was terminated that same night. Thanks to that I was not able to pay my bills. If you are going to resign make sure you have an immediate plan of action.

Advice to Senior Management-Be more considerate towards your employees. Hiring young does not mean that we are minimum wage workers. We work hard for our licenses and maintaining great customer service. Your unusual guidelines upset customers, as well as the fact that they don't have many choices for removing unwanted coverages just so that you make more money.

claims support agent

Claims Support Agent (Current Employee)
El Paso, TX (US)

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Prossome discrimination for employes without relatives in the company, dont let you grow at least if your the boss friend or relative

Consto much preshure for the salary they offer

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of the good employes not only becouse some are the supervisor friend discrimination for those arent will never grow if your manager friend dont like you

This company is just ridiculous. Stay away at all cost.

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDon't expect a lot of perks working for this company. Only good thing going nowadays is a steady paycheck. We'll see how long that lasts.

ConsEverything is wrong with this company starting with upper management. They love playing the blame game, always pointing fingers at everyone. Just fix the problem and make sure it doesn't happen again. Everyone in Texas is "superior" to all the employees in other states. If by "superior" they mean less educated and more ignorant. Promotions are hard to come by and if you get one... Be prepared to work 80 hour weeks as a salaried overtime exempt employee without sufficient compensation. Vacation time sucks for the first 5 years and 5 sick days only per year and you will need a doctor's note each day.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter take care of your hard working and loyal employees. Otherwise there will be an exodus of good employees. You might be able to replace anyone but you might not be able to replace the quality of work.

Horrible!! Most unprofessional place I have ever experienced.

Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee)
Escondido, CA (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for less than a year

ProsWeekly Pay
Paid Training
Office was close to home

ConsVery unprofessional.
Unrealistic Goals
6 day work week
No overtime
Incompetent management
No respect for employee

I worked for Fred Loya for less than a year, they did not tell me that you are required to work 6 days straight until my second week of employment. You can only make more than $12/hr if all the CSR's in the office are meeting their goals also.They offer low coverage for high premium which makes it difficult to sell, Management is never around when you need them. Don't apply here, this is not a job that you can make into a career. No room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees. Make the pay rate based off individual performance, not on a group.

Over all received the training/experience needed to move on to bigger/better company,not a long term company.

Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat if your not licensed and have no insurance adjuster experience as they will train and license you for the first 3 years.

ConsThey don't care at all about the employees,only Fred Loya has the power to make changes. Its his way or the highway.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the employees who haved been there for the long haul and have helped pave the way for e company and don't fire good Djusters for little petty mistakes.

Poor Management Skills

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay. good work environment.

Consschedule, marketing, no overtime, long hours

Advice to Senior Managementlook over manages more than your csr.

Horroble crazy they do not care about their employees is all about them no good pay and hours are suck in houston

Sales Agent (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Prosgood at my Job good coworkers aswell

ConsManegment whas never around when need it

Bad hours and no respect for your personal life

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for less than a year

ProsPay is ok thats it

ConsManagement
Hours are random and not consistent

Great way to get into insurance.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

Pros-As a Csr you can make up to $16 an hr.
-Base stays at $12 an hour.
-You can bonus $2, $3, or $4 dollars, depending on office you are in.
-Weekly pay every Friday.
-Learn about how insurance works.
-Direct Company.
-You dress nice.
-Paid training.
-As a CSR you can earn as much as $600 a week (Gross)
-Managers earn around $16 an hour (base) and up to $20, if bonus is $4
-Open inside Cardenas markets.
-A lot of growth opportunity, specially if you have potential.

Cons-Upset customers (very)
-Monday thru Saturdays.
-Rotating schedules. 9am to 4pm or 1pm to 7pm
-No overtime.
-You get surveyed.
-You can easily loose your bonus $, if you make many errors.
-3 write ups and you're out.
-Endorsements suck, because at renewal they change premium.
-Adjusters that suck (a lot)
-Claims don't want to be paid out.
-Have to make at least a sale a day.
-$30 cancellation fee applies if you let policy cancel, and come back to open a new policy.
-Monthly payments rarely decrease, usually stay the same.
-Can't change due dates.
-Highest limits are 25/50/25 (in CA). Which is pathetic. Medical is only $1k
-To change an address you need a bill under your name.
-To make changes you must step into office, can't do it over the phone.
-Depending on office you are in you need to meet a monthly goal. 10 or 12 sales per CSR
-Towing is only in case of an accident, not roadside assistance.
-Push for so called 73's, which are people with Full Cover & have no tickets, which is dumb because out of 5 out of 10 people that walk into Fred Loya don't have licenses, the other 3 or 4 have 2 or more tickets and the remaining just have a liability car.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know where to start, but I mean loosen up, understand that not everyday you can sell, increase limits, medical, umc, Pay out more claims, have adjusters be more on the case, because I remember a lot of complaints and reasons why clients left due to adjusters being pathetic, and not returning calls to clients. Also that 15 day thing, when you purchase a policy remove it should be a whole month, not 15 days. Also clients don't all have checking accounts, some people just want to pay cash, remove the $30 cancellation fee also.

This job is not for everyone

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee)
Edinburg, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Prosmoney was ok, still not enough for what you have to put up with

Consangry customers because they are being low balled, excessive workload and bad management style.

Advice to Senior Managementstart appreciating your employees because not everyone is willing to put up with you guys.

Worked for Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. CEO Fred Loya Jr. All 16 reviews are posted anonymously by Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. employees.