Fujitsu America

Fujitsu America Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Fujitsu America President and CEO Robert D. Pryor

Robert D. Pryor

Pros
  • Lots of good people in the consulting ranks willing to help in a collaborative manner(in 7 reviews)

• Good work life balance, some nice people to work with(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Siloed, general poor employee morale(in 3 reviews)

• Long hours, instant gratification expected(in 3 reviews)

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Stable and Friendly Work Envinronment

Manager (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsThere are many people who have been with company for over 10+ years. People are friendly, many working parents with children (small or big). There are opportunities to change a job within a company, since this company is big and has various subsidiaries, etc.

ConsThere are opportunities to change a job within the company, however, the promotions are somewhat limited. Japanese employees from Fujitsu in Japan have more say in everything and all the important decisions are made in Japan.

Solutions Manager

Solutions Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsGreat company and culture, great benefits

ConsLong hours, instant gratification expected

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the vision and stategies

Round after round of Sr leadership trying to fix a company in a mature or declining industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsMost of the lower level people are great (although there are a few "bad apples" in the mix). The majority of the individual contributors are hard working and dedicated. Unfortunately, I think this masks the desperate situation the technology and business processes are in. Salaries are competitive for the most part. Work schedule can be flexible if you live outside of an office area.

ConsToo many to count. This is certainly a situation of "the cobbers children going without shoes". Fujitsu sells technology solutions and services to its clients but its own systems are a huge mess. Many people in the organization are very difficult to work with. Some departments are at war with other departments and try to sabotage them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop enabling the political actions that go on between departments. Get a system that works across all of the boundaries. Treat people better.....we can and will leave the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Salaries, old Technology

Manager (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsPay high salaries at least 20% over bay Area (average is $170K/year for manager), 5 weeks vacations for 10 years plus employee

ConsLay off people who they don't like, so it doesn't matter if you are working or not, if the boss like you, you are set.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good employee, not just the one you like

Stick a Fork in it. It's Done.

Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsSome people are very bright and you can learn new things from them. Company provides training and courses that can expand your knowledge.

ConsLow employee morale caused by the constant threat of surprise layoffs. One day they give you 10-year achievement award, the next day you clean your desk. I literally witnessed such situation here.
    Promotions are unheard of. The same goes for the raises. They pay low, and don't give reasonable COLA increases, constant emergency "pay freezes."
    I had an extremely rude and unprofessional supervisor with the history of anger and hostility toward subordinates and coworkers. I went to complain to his boss. The boss told me "well, you know, that's how he is." Are you kidding me? The company knows about his unacceptable behavior, but would not do anything to correct it! Unbelievable! After I quit I found out that he's a part of the good old boys club so he's pretty much untouchable. This is worse than nepotism!

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow in the towel. Fujitsu does many things, none of them well.

Bad company to grow your career at

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsLots of free time, Decent Japanese food

ConsCompany lacks direction, No innovation, employees are treated like disposables, no career or salary growth, Poor leadership skills within management, below average compensation, these guys are all over the place and not good at anything. Getting up and going to work everyday is like going to hell and coming back.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead, Lead - Respect your employees and value them.

I was given a chance to learn many new things.

Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsA very good working environment.

ConsSales had hard time promoting some products.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepend more on engineering to help sell the products.

More difficult every year

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsCorporate environment
    Some stability
    A lot of good people

ConsMore and more work needs to be done with less and less people
    Changes of CEO
    It feels like the company just tries to survive

A good company to work for with interesting projects and career potential

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsI enjoyed working for the company and felt like a real member of a team. The team with which I worked was great and we all worked well together. The company culture in general is good and work well done is rewarded and/or recognized.

ConsThe economic downtrend hit the company as well with no bonuses and salary increases, but that was to be expected with the general economy.

Great people poor management

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsPeople here are great. Work schedule is good and environment is a positive one. Decent campus and location to public transportation.

ConsUnfortunately the management does not have a firm grip on the current marketplace and the changes within it. The approach is a reactive one rather than a proactive one. Upper management seems to be riding the waves while employees are struggling without resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to gain focus and rely on the knowledgeable experts the employees

Worked for Fujitsu America? Contribute to the Community!