Fujitsu Reviews

Updated 16 September 2014
Updated 16 September 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto
Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed (in 18 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

• The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Business was not stable enough to keep staff

Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer  in  Portland, ME (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Portland, ME (US)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Varied experiences, something new every day. With the wide range of customers you could find yourself working on a large base of technology both new and old.

Cons

Low Compensation, Quick to change staffing levels as customer base was not solid. There wasn't much communication on what the company was doing except communication with your direct supervisor.

Work on maintaining staff levels to avoid layoffs/turnover

Get Real

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When you are on a client facing project and your are performing well, they are a great company to work for. The project are fun and the non-management people are great to work with on any project.

Cons

They will pay you for every hour worked as long as it is not more than 40 hours a week. If you are a contractor for them, then you get paid for every hour worked. This was a failed management trick to save money and screw the employee!

Learn to treat your valued employees in all areas of the business like you do you contractors.

Staff are extremely nice and innovation is encouraged. A pleasure to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Fujitsu as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Collaborative and friendly working environment. There are no big ego's, all staff from intern to director level engage with each other and share ideas. Internal applications are encouraged for open positions. Good career growth opportunities

Cons

As with any globally known company, Fujitsu has a reputation to uphold so it can be difficult to get traction for an idea if there is any perceived risk that could damage that rep. Internally, there's a lot of red tape.

Keep doing what you are doing. A new management team has been installed at my location and so far they have performed extremely well.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than a year

Pros

peacful environment, no politics, Management are flexible

Cons

no cons to report x

N/A

Upper Management Does not Care for the well being of Dallas employees

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is good and the building was recently updated. The parking is good and the location is good for someone looking in the North Dallas area.

Cons

Upper management does not care if someone decides to leave the company. The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor.

Make a decision on what the plans are for the Dallas Waterview location.

ITs Ok.. Good work culture and flexibility

Former Employee - IT Consultant  in  Pune (India)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Pune (India)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get a good project to work and good people. It has good culture and time flexibility.

Cons

No Good opportunities and onsite.

Company with no integrity

Current Employee - Manager  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you don't like challenge ; business is bad so work is less. You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed.

Cons

Doesn't pay commission on time, appoints wrong people to management, retrenches employees who actually do work but keep employees that do nothing and play politics

Fire yourself. And get serious about listening to your employees. Listen to the real people who do the real job.

Senior Marketing Manger Strategic Planning Office

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than a year

Pros

This division has since changed its name to Fujitsu Frontech North America. The best reasons to work here are the benefits.

Cons

This division has struggled for years creating POS systems and solutions that are not distinguishable from the competition. Management lacks real experience in the North American Market.

Need to hire management team with US Retail experience. Current management is very lacking in this area and it shows throughout the company.

Not what you'd expect from a Global Company

Current Employee - SCO
    Current Employee - SCO

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People who work in my department are great and have a great out look on life.
    Team works well under pressure and works well together

Cons

Not organised at all, company doesn't have any skills for integrating new staff.
    Training is not provided in most cases and on going assessments do not happen. In 4 years of working here myself and many others in our department have not had 121's.
    Yearly objectives are often published in the 4thQ and are not SMART.
    Pay is is not balanced, it is not based on skill or ability, you can all be doing the same role, but pay can be to £5000 difference between members of the same team.
    Team members appraises are biased and not a true reflection on the work an employee has done, managers are excepting other peoples work as evidence that other people exceeded expectations!

This probably isn't how most of Fujitsu operates, but it is certainly how my department operates.

there are no career opportunities, there are plenty of positions posted but most have already been assigned to people and the posting of the opportunity is nothing more than going through the motions and paying lip service.

Work and Life balance?
    Our Team has had people leave on long term sick and maternity, too which no additional staff were employed to cover these hours, so the remaining team had to do 1 in 1 out weekends and longer shifts in the week to cover the hours and the work load.
    Currently we are still working every other weekend on 12 hour shifts.

Management
    Office management:
     weak skill base no people skills and are just a waste of money we have more managers on our floor than we have staff and each of those managers have at least 2 team leaders.

If you want to reduce costs thats where you should start!

I wouldn't recommend as an employer to a friend as I would like to keep my friends

There needs to be better organisation across the company, we certainly need to become more IT based after all we should practice what we preach.
    Staff need to be motivated by targets that have company benefits as well as employee benefits, setting the bar too high results in a lack of motivation across employees.

Pay needs to reflect employees skills and attributes, not based on a line managers opinion.

Overwhelmingly positive

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Offered to work in Japan.
    Payed flights and accommodation.
    Friendly staff.

Cons

Working in Japan can be tough.

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!