GTM Sportswear Reviews

47 reviews filtered by
2.5
David Dreiling

Great Growth Opportunities!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

I have been working at GTM Sportswear (Less than a year)

Pros

GTM allows team members to grow within the company. Since working at GTM I have had the opportunity to work in more than one department and to move up in position more than once. GTM provides the opportunity for team members to try different positions and move into the one they feel is the best fit. GTM promotes a team environment and pushes team members to work together and develop ideas that better our organization. GTM has began revitalizing events that bring the departments together and aid in team building.

Cons

We are still trying to rebound from last years difficulties, but we are headed in the right direction. Busy season can be crazy, but the stress and long hours are always worth the reward.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your team members, they provide awesome feedback.

Fast Pace Work Environment

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time

Pros

We like to GET THINGS DONE around GTM! There is always something to do or someone who needs help! I like to stay busy and feel like I accomplish something at work each day and I definitely get that feeling here. If I have questions about something I'm working on, I can go to a coworker or my supervisor and they will help me out!

Cons

Sometimes I have to work overtime to get some of my tasks accomplished because there are not enough hours in the day.

3. Territory Sales Representative

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job Autonomy once you are a veteran rep. Ability to travel to sales territory and meet face to face with clients. Management is very accessible.

Cons

Switch recently to new software system that is clunky, slow and has a lot of bugs which hurts clients experiences and reps ability to perform efficiently

Almost a Year as a Graphic Designer, enjoyed working with them.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer

I worked at GTM Sportswear part-time

Pros

Growing company that still is small enough to feel like a small business. Pay was really good

Cons

Didn't work with my schedule very well as a college student. Only required to work weekends occasionally during business season.

Good Time

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I left to go to school full time after working there for over a year. I am not sure why there are bummed bozos posting there bad experience on here, guess I was fortunate to have a good time and good boss. I worked hard, I think, and saw many good workers. I also saw a couple that took advantage of the company, evn one in the next cubicle. Maybe he is the one who posted crap on here. Anyways, I think its a great place. Much better than other places I worked that the work place sucked. Going to school now, I would recommend it to others.

Cons

Such a big place I got cold and had to bring a space heater! Oh well, other than that it was really good.

Advice to Management

Ignore some of these bozos posting on here. You really were good to me and others I met while working there for more than a year.

Development Internship at GTM

Former Intern - Front-End Developer Intern in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Former Intern - Front-End Developer Intern in Manhattan, KS (US)

I worked at GTM Sportswear as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Co-workers were willing to help when I had a question. Everyone was open to me expressing my ideas and taking initiative to make things better. There was always plenty of relevant things to work on and was even given my very own project to complete.

Up to date on industry standards and the way teams of developers should interact with each other. Towards the end of my internship, we started using a different application to assign tasks and track the development process. It seems to work much better than the previous ways of performing Agile development.

GTM is very flexible about working with your personal schedule. As an intern, I was able to work when I could and they could decrease hours if I became overwhelmed with school.

I learned a lot here, and everyone was a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There was a lack of leadership at times. I wasn't always sure what I should be working on. In the beginning, there wasn't a lot for me to work on and I had many dull moments.

The parking situation sucks, especially during the seasonal employee time. The newer paved parking lot is in a very inconvenient spot for the art department and development team. The east paved parking lot is always full due to it's location to the building, and I could never find a spot there. The gravel parking lot is really hard on my car; It is impossible to leave or enter without hitting tons of pot holes.

Advice to Management

I would figure out a way to provide more training to new hires and interns.
    Provide better leadership to your interns and new hires. Make sure there is something for them to work on and they aren't just there twiddling their thumbs.

Embroidery Artist

Former Employee - Embroidery Artist in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Embroidery Artist in Manhattan, KS (US)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay, great benefits - health care, profit sharing, 401k plan, free membership at local gym and discounts at some local restaurants.

Cons

Super fast past during busy season and a lot of seasonal workers coming and going. First shift starts a little early, at 7am but you get off at 3pm so that's nice.

Good company to work with, but they are currently experiencing some difficult times.

I have been working at GTM Sportswear

Pros

Great benefits, unique opportunities. Room to grow, and be a part of a local Kansas company.

Cons

No longer as stable as they were a few years ago. Sales incentive plans are lacking, and because of their current financial hardship many long time employees were let go.

Advice to Management

Work to build trust with your current employees. A lot of workers are currently looking for new jobs with other companies because we are scared and uncertain of our future with GTM.

GTM provides so many opportunities, never a dull moment!

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is continuously looking for ways to be and do better, and employees are able to give ideas and take part in implementing new ideas, process, and projects. There are several ways we are able to express our ideas, and with so many helpful and just as eager people in other departments it makes it fun to try something new. The opportunities for growth are endless provided you go get them! I also appreciate the free on site health clinic and free gym membership.

Cons

The new and updated software system has been a little tough to get used to, but we are starting to see how it will give us better results and reporting, and the possibilities to do more later down the road.

Advice to Management

We know you all care about us and the company, thank you for everything you do to help.

Owner Disregards Working Conditions

Former Employee - Ultrafuse Press Operator in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Ultrafuse Press Operator in Manhattan, KS (US)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Foot in the door job. Good for gaining experience for either art or design.

Cons

Owner is pride driven in decisions. HR and other Management ignored workers complaints at working with dangerous fumes in the Sublimation press room. Coworkers researched the standards for operating the sublimation equipment and learned that safety standards were not met at all. Negligence for quality of the work environment is shocking.

Advice to Management

Try not to force workers in a dangerous environment so money can be saved on not meeting the safety standards.