Garda World Security

Add Photos

Garda World Security Chairman, President, CEO Stéphan D. Crétier

Stéphan D. Crétier

Disconnected

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsCant think of any. Its a tough place to work. Its really behind the times on so many levels.

ConsThe company does not invest into its people. Hence, lack talent to move business forward. Medical plans have outrages family out of pockets expense. There is no 401-k match in any capacity. Hard to hire talent as wages are not in line with the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to invest into your people and the resources its takes to grow the business. Upgrade the fleet. Outside of California the fleet is a mess. Find a direction and move forward. Stop all the freezes on hiring and then wonder why service is awful.

Great Company

Security Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsAlways been treated great. They have shown me great respect. They've been there when I needed help. Pretty much since day one with them I have always had full time work.

ConsIt's a big company so sometimes it takes a bit longer to get stuff. Have had very few problems with them.

No leadership

Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsThe only real pro is coworkers. Pay and benefits are purely the result of union efforts.

ConsGeneral Manager is unqualified ( was a bartender), Check Point Managers invent policies while ignoring labour code and the CBA, so-called quality leads are unfamiliar with CATSA sop changes and are highly confrontational, employer changes schedules without telling staff, health and safety concerns are ignored. CATSA would do well to cancel current agreements with Garda.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome interview screeners WITHOUT the local senior mangers present to get honest answers as the local mangers use fear and intimidation to suppress truth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I would rather drink sewage than work here again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no, none, zero

Wait... Free toilet paper in washrooms but not always. Broken water fountains that give nothing in the break room. Facilities so old you might be able to get away with an Asbestos law suit claim naming Garda as the plaintiff.

ConsThey will lye to you about how broke the company is. They are not. What is going on is that the top Executives are vampiring the company dry. Once they have made their millions/billions at our expense they will sell the company to a competitor who will more than likely cut our staffing in half to update our dysfunctional and lacking reaming facilities and equipment.

The proof is in the pudding. Executives care more about profits and shareholders than improving the company for any future goals. Trucks and facilities are on their last legs. Held together by duck tape and hangers.

Do not dye or get killed while at work because I hear that they refuse to cover medical expenses or funeral costs.

Have fun working 10-15 hour days multiple times in a row. Due to a multitude of silliness the major one being low staffing levels, because the horrible moral and pay leads most to leave the company or get fire quickly because of asinine company policies.

I could write a book, simply put... run away from this company, this industry, and such ignorant thinking. This company is sinking

Advice to Senior ManagementI know why you managers up top never come running around any of our facilities. Its because you know you are unanimously disliked at all sites, that all of us want change from you, and you don't have the feet to fill the shoes or simply lack the compassion to care about our continual economic molestation from you.

Shouldn't be in business, such a joke

Security Guard (Former Employee) Windsor, ON (Canada)

ProsCant think of any, non zip..

ConsTell you your going top get full time, then bring in more pt employee's to make sure you don't get full time, which means no benefits, 6 months, one pair of pants , one shirt, how's that for being professional, The only reason I give you one star, is because they don't have any more lower options, or you would get a minus , Garda doesnt want to send me my last check, its been a month now , and still haven't received it, going to the labour board very soon. If you want to be used to the fullest extent , try this place,, good luck you'll need it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet one, you sit in your office all day , why don't you visit your sites, and show some kind of leadership, again what a joke of a company...

Security guard at golf course

Security Guard (Former Employee) Bedford, NS (Canada)

ProsIt was easy work, not stressful or to demanding. I got to be outside in the sun all day out in the country. I never had to deal with anyone being violent or belligerent. My supervisor seemed like a nice, genuine guy

ConsIt was very boring work, mostly I just stood around. It was not fulfilling, and I definitely would not want to be doing it for the rest of my life.

Decent employment, but lots of room to improve

Security Guard (Current Employee) Hamilton, ON (Canada)

ProsFriendly management. The company values employee safety and training. Benefits are decent. Full-time employment is stable and reliable.

ConsHamilton area is ridiculously over-staffed. Part-time employment is abysmal. Cannot find job positions anywhere since there is a line-up of a hundred workers looking for positions ahead of you. Management rarely returns phone calls or emails. Frequent errors with payroll that take weeks to correct. Security guards are underpaid and have no room for upward growth. Majority of security guards have extremely poor language skills in an industry where clear communication is an absolute necessity.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a competitive wage. Stop hiring new employees when you're already over-staffed. Stop hiring under-trained and unqualified people for positions. Re-train your payroll staff.

Very Unprofessional Recruiters!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsNothing really, other than the location and free parking

ConsRecruiters are very unprofessional, ask questions very irrelevant to position.
    Compensation offered well below market rate!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with experience to work on your Recruitment so that you can get best quality candidates hired.

Grey cup then floater then no shifts then "let go"

Security Guard (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGot to meet some decent guards and had some relaxed sites. Uniforms are free and they offer free training, but you don't get paid for it.

ConsSupervisors are control freaks and look for any faults. You're surrounded by uneducated people who think their cops, completely unorganized structure. No hours and you worked for minimum wage. The more experienced guards are cynical because they realized they can't be cops and they're stuck at Garda, so they end up taking it out on the newbies. You can tell no one wants to be there, even the guy who ran my orientation flat out told us he's trying to join tps. The atmosphere is just depressing and just plain negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is there to say you guys offer contract security.

Horrible, fear based management

Office (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL (US)

ProsConstantly too much work and don't pay overtime. Computers break all the time so you can look busy and do nothing....just smile and move fast and nobody gonna bother

ConsPoor attitudes and managers from Montreal Talk down and demean employees. Folks just complain about who be fired next in rif. Poor folk with kids can't afford the insurance

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your bills and maybe trucks will get fixed. Where's all the big sales win money going...not to pay bills or fix stufff

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!