Genuine Parts

Add Photos

Genuine Parts Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Gallagher

Tom Gallagher

Old School = Fool

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe people and customers I would say the product lines but all of you're competitors have the same lines some have better line.

ConsGood lord where do we start?

Top heavy in managers and most of them are lazy and arrogant. Even the new managers they are hiring adapt to this Old School management style two weeks into the job.

Politics run all over the place and there are so many layers of management you don't know who's ass to kiss to get ahead in this place. (I am not an ass kisser so that's why I am stuck)

People are not promoted for knowledge and job performance, they are promoted if they fit the network.

Practices and tools in this company are so out dated it is laughable. I had a meeting with a competitor that is so far ahead of NAPA/GPC it was astounding. CRM is a joke cataloging is a joke the management is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into the end of the 20th century at least!!

Who cares if your NAPA others have passed you by.

Okay job to get you through temporarily

Collections (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsStability. It's a big public company so lots of procedure so everything runs smoothly. I've made great friends from GPC so that's a plus.

ConsCliques among management. Sometimes the mentality is to keep your head and down and do your job. Gets a little stale in the office sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the APAR personnel and try to interact more with them positively.

Accounts payable

Accounting (Current Employee) Duluth, GA (US)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsSalary caps, No position growth, no bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementManagament is great

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

District Sales Manager

District Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMeeting new people everyday, bonus program, company vehicle,expense account.

ConsPolitics, playing favorites, too much upper management. NAPA still thinks their name stands for quality, which is does not. Competitors use the exact same parts and sell them for 5%-20% less.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at how much upper management there is compared to the ground-level sales force. Automotive Aftermarket competition is getting fierce. Price is the consumers #1 priority, not the name anymore.

Steady, but improving

ProsCompany will never blow your doors off, but is very consistent.

ConsSlow to adapt. C-suite and 2nd level execs think they have control.

Advice to Senior ManagementTactics don't make strategy.

I worked at GPC for ten years

Programmer (Current Employee) North Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsI was paid a fair amount for short term.

Cons- Management exists to defend management at all cost. HR bureaucracy exists to blame the victim and sweep management's serious violations under the rug. If it isn't criminal, the company doesn't care. Management is basically full of uneducated pencil pushers that under perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, they don't do anything with the right advice.

Glad Its Over

P W R (Former Employee) Coppell, TX (US)

ProsDecent pay. 40 Hour week.You can hook up with some good friends. Not much else.

ConsUse to be for the employees,now just for them. Their traning leaves something to be desired.They train a few hours,then your ouwn your own. When you retire certain people get acknowledged .I did not. Only 1 person called me to say happyretirement,while others received gift cards. My feelings were hurt to no end! Will not go to NAPA ever .

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with your employees. We hear things from the rumor mill that is not addressed.

Excellent Company with great benefits

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay and benefits--excellent safe company to work for

ConsNot a lot of upward movement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company! Thanks for all you do!

Excellent employer

District Manager (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA (US)

ProsGood benefits. Good company. Excellent senior management.

ConsBelow market salary compared to others and when compared to district manager positions in like kind companies

Don't you know that People are your most valuable asset!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsStable company with strong NAPA name recognition.

ConsWeak incompetent management at all levels. Very unethical and disrespectful to their employees. The 'good ole boy' culture is alive and well; even with a female CIO who has not been able to deliver as promised. Employee morale is low and turnover is high because the same incompetent, inexperienced, and uneducated people continue to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to open their eyes and stop the lies. You know your flagship development product is the Titanic!

Worked for Genuine Parts? Contribute to the Community!