GoDaddy

GoDaddy Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving

Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great if you're a salesperson at heart!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Hiawatha, IA (US)

ProsI loved a lot of things about the company- the training was great, the pay was fair, bonuses were amazing, the office culture can be fun and exciting, and the environment is very youthful and laidback.

ConsSell, sell, sell. Whether the customer truly needs what you're selling or not, still sell to boost your stats and bonus. There is also an "official" minimum daily sales goal to meet and an "unwritten" minimum sales goal ($1k a day!) to meet which is extremely challenging on a rough day.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax on the whole pushing sales bit. Also consider hiring more qualified people for the Supervisor role. My supervisor when I worked there was 25 and had clearly never been in charge of anything in his life.

Pretty cool

Technical Support & Sales (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsLots of cool people, laid back environment

ConsHuge emphasis on selling, kind of makes you feel bad If you aren't selling very well

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't act like jerks if you get asked questions

Great Growth Opportunities

ProsA lot of career choices

ConsOver the phone sales is entry level. If you have great numbers, moving to different departments is much easier. If not, then you should start looking elsewhere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cool place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsLots of great things happening at the leadership level. Higher ups are happy to hear what you have to say and the environment is pretty positive for the most part

ConsLots of levels to have to work through in order to get anything done. Can make something that should be easy take a very long amount of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the work and positive changes!

New management taking away all the things that made it cool to work there.

Software Developer (Former Employee)

ProsCasual atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Ability to work from home.

ConsCompensation below norm (they think that bonuses make up for it but they're wrong). Technology not as advanced as you'd expect. New management is slowly chipping away at benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace old technology. Stop taking away benefits. No one is fooled by the new "unlimited vacation time" policy.

Awesome company to work for.

Bilingual Sales and Support (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsExcellent benefits starting on first day. Great training and team work with all departments. Smart operations system and quick resolving issues to satisfy the customers. Great support from supervisors and senior team members. Opportunity for personal growth and cross training. Great biweekly sales bonus. Great food in the cafeteria for lunch and dinner time. Opportunity for overtime double pay.

ConsNo room for promotions; forced sales to clients in order to maintain minimum sales goal. More sales oriented than customer care.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work but don't forget that the customers you service are the ones to pay your salary.

Great Place to work....at first.

Professional Hosting Services (Former Employee) Hiawatha, IA (US)

ProsGreat benefits, awesome contests, killer Christmas party, and pretty good pay!

ConsMetrics based, look for reasons to fire, difficult to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little bit more forgiving of small mistakes. It's okay to make mistakes everyone will.

Fun while it lasted

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsI loved the EAI's, which stood for Employee Appreciation Initiative. Basically as a team you would take off early for the day and go have fun together. Godaddy also paid for a motorcycle introduction class on my behalf. Health insurance was better than average for the industry.

ConsNew leadership has it's pros and cons. Leadership, IMHO, are moving toward traditional internet company hubs like seattle and bay area in california, and out of other locations. Going through growing pains as company tries to go public.

It USED to be a great company to work for!

Cdt (Former Employee) Gilbert, AZ (US)

ProsNo pros. GD used to be the best place to work for now it's the worst. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Stop treating your employees like they are stupid. They can see right through your lies.

ConsYou used to be able to work hard and be able to see it on your paycheck. Now they want you to work even harder and take away 90% of your commission. New management sucks and they pocket every dime they can.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking money away from your employees!

Boring..

Technical Support & Sales (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsYou get some free domains, and hosting. You get a lot of respect.

ConsEverything is a letdown, their PCs are outdated, managers talk to you like you're nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo respect us

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!