Grupo Modelo

Be The First To
Add Photos

Grupo Modelo Chairman and CEO Carlos Fernández González

Carlos Fernández González

deep commitment to corporate strategy

Balanced Scorecard Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Grupo Modelo full-time for less than a year

Prosgood plans in the future
good benefits

Consnot all the people is open minded

Advice to Senior Managementlisten more to the employees

It was the best place I had ever worked, but...

DC Chief (Former Employee)
Cancún (Mexico)

I worked at Grupo Modelo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Great growth opportunities
-You're always learning
-World-class company

Cons-Did you have a personal or familiar life? Forget about it, your life will be taken entirely by the company
-Each time you got to do more with less: less people, less money, less resources
-Payment is not bad, but it could be much better, as well as benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementGrupo Modelo was formerly a place where you felt proud to work at. Since it was bought by ABI, many things have obviously changed, many people has been fired, and the people who remain do not feel safe, they don't feel like thing can go better. They're more likely to be afraid to lose their job. It's not good to work (and live) with fear. Besides, work is increased over and over, so your personal life goes to the trash basket.

On the other hand, if you can manage to overcome with all this stuff, you can expect to have great growth chances, not only in Mexico, but internationally.

Great learning experience however it failed due to upper management.

I have been working at Grupo Modelo

ProsGreat company benefits and ability to travel throughout USA. Was able to experience the operations of multiple departments (i.e. customer service, supply chain, accounting)

ConsPoor structure, no accountability and leaders lacked experience. No level of advancement nor recognition from upper management. Despite great customer reviews, I was not afforded the opportunity to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to communicate more effectively to employees and not work in silos.

Marketing Manager

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Norfolk, VA (US)

I worked at Grupo Modelo full-time for less than a year

ProsPotential to make a lot of money every week. Which is great for someone with a low cost of living

ConsVery tricky, they do not tell you really what's going on or how the company works. If you do ask questions asking them to explain to you in detail how you get paid the managers do not like it. The job is very high turnover. So no one person gets really truly trained in how to do very well. You're pretty much thrown to the wolves and expected to produce. If you don't produce I guarantee you will be fired in about a week. I was there for one month and I saw about 20 different people hired and fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better business model, Put time into your employee. Do not treat people like stock. If you want them to invest their time into your company. Then invest in them.

Sales Executive

Sales Executive (Former Employee)
Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I worked at Grupo Modelo full-time for more than a year

ProsIts a great company overall

ConsIt has been acquired recently and things are changing

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your line of work

¡Great company to work! ¡Great company enviroment!

Senior Advisor (Current Employee)
Mexico City (Mexico)

I have been working at Grupo Modelo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery human & community friendly enviroment, great pay & benefits
Great teamworks & people
Volunteer activities
High profitable company

ConsSlow moving up depending on the older people retiring or dying.
High loads of work
Family of former owners & friends get in competitive jobs & get better jobs moving up faster
High management lives likes kings with bodyguard, cars, stocks, helicopters, etc
Bad company planning

Advice to Senior ManagementThey shouldn't sold the company, even if the families that owned the company fought between them; the company was highly profitable. Been working with ABI manegement in the join & are very arrogant; all they care is the bottom line; they dont care about the people. The don't speak with the truth. You get to the point of working extra hours to get the information & still getting more & more information to them; but they don't tell you anything.

Brewing your experience to the optimal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Grupo Modelo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get to work with a lot of people from different backgrounds, but all in all smart people. Beer during lunch time!
A great and interesting industry.

ConsThe corporate location is too far from everywhere. Traffic can get terrible... Both, for getting there in the morning and etting out in the evening.
Until recently, a family structured business. Difficult to challenge leadership views.
Some VIPs are viewed upon as untouchable, sacred cows.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in people. Don't let competitors buy off your performing people.

Chemist

Chemist (Former Employee)
Mexico City (Mexico)

I worked at Grupo Modelo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAn excellent company to work at.

ConsMoving up depending on the older people retiring or dying....

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should not have sold it!!!!

it is great to work at Grupo Modelo

Business Process Manager (Current Employee)
Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I have been working at Grupo Modelo full-time for more than 8 years

ProsModelo is a company that takes great care for his employees and there are a lot new opportunities

Conssometimes it is hard to find the right balance between work and life, but we are working on it.

It was not an enjoyable experience.

I have been working at Grupo Modelo

ProsThe location was good. It allowed many people to commute from across Chicago. There was no assigned start or end time.

ConsThe business lacks clear direction. It needs to identify what they want to be in the industry. It has a good product, but that is not enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership teams needs to show clear direction. It needs to offer stability to the business. The product is OK for now.

Worked for Grupo Modelo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grupo Modelo reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Grupo Modelo CEO Carlos Fernández González. All 10 reviews are posted anonymously by Grupo Modelo employees.