Guess?

www.guess.com

Guess? Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Guess? – Edmonton – “GUESS? Inc. West Edmonton Mall”

Guess? – Edmonton – “GUESS? Inc. West Edmonton Mall”

Guess? Vice Chairman and CEO Paul Marciano

Paul Marciano

Pros
  • Great fashions, excellent employee discount and good athmosphere (in 31 reviews)

• Everyday 40% discount regular priced items and 20% off sale (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • No incentives if your store isn't top door, but high sales goals (in 21 reviews)

• While most upper management was pretty fair, there was some politics that got in the way sometimes (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

A pretty amazing place to work

Internal Auditor (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsOverall, it's the people you end up working with because no matter what, a job in corporate is a job in corporate. Guess had an amazing audit staff and everyone was always so willing to help out and answer any questions you may have had. The hours were pretty great and flexible except during the end of the month.

ConsDifficult to move up or change positions unless someone decides to leave. Don't offer any plan or help for achieving your CPA so you're on your own for that one. Otherwise, everything was great

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider providing more intensive training for people at lower levels

Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsFlexible hours, great work team, amazing environment, and mind blowing discounts!

ConsLittle low on the pay, huge selling expectations, hours for associates depend on the amount of selling they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways be straight up and honest about whatever it is you're doing; don't try to take shortcuts because you will be caught. & always talk to HR or you store manager if there is anything out of the normal going on.

Interesting and funny environment. It's my first time working in fashion Company and colleagues are so creative.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lugano (Switzerland)

ProsThere's the opportunity to work with some innovative technologies and ideas.

ConsAverage age of colleagues low, sometimes, especially in management, can be a problem.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Current Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsGreat management. Great opportunities. Chance for personal growth if you exceed standards.

ConsWork life. No holidays off.

Good Company, Slow Growth

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI like the people that I work with and the way they lay out everything for you. You are also able to switch a few things up when it is not working for your specific store.

ConsHaving to work weekends, but also 2 closing shifts. Whenever corporate are supposed to come visit the always bail on us. We are the factory store so we do get treated worse than all others. They do a lot for the retail stores and we just kind of hang in the background.

Advice to Senior ManagementBust your butt so that you can move up faster. Do not stop trying because once you do they will find a way to let you go.

its okay.

Prosnice people to work with. good manager.

Consask you to work like a high end job with a min salary.

Eh.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

ProsBig discount on merchandise, nice co workers

ConsNo incentives to sell expensive merchandise other than possibility of layoff, incompetent managers

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove/implement incentive programs

Horrible

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsGood workers, meet new people every day

ConsManagers don't care about their customers or employees

Advice to Senior ManagementFire everyone and hire people that care

ok company- very strict rules

Buyer (Former Employee)

Prosclose to fashion and fun

Consvery inflexible company to work for

Advice to Senior Managementloosen up a little - your employers will be happier and you will have less turnover

Flexible, but outgrew my duties.

Visuals (Current Employee) Arcadia, CA (US)

ProsWonderful job when I was younger. Did not have to work weekends, I worked early in the morning and enjoyed not being a sales associate per my work personality.

ConsMore hours should be allocated to visual workers and stock associates so that they can keep par with company standard. I constantly found myself doing work and projects that would take 20 hours/week to complete yet I would only have two 4-hour shifts to complete. (8hrs). Not store management's fault, it's the district manager's.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is good.

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!