Haggar

www.haggar.com

Haggar Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014
Haggar – Dallas – “Tim Lyons and Michael Stitt (President and CEO)”

Michael Stitt

Small company, but empowers the employees to achieve their goals and responsibilities without micromanaging.

Senior Designer- Men's Wear (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGiven individual growth, and talent is recognized. Very caring company, that looks out for it's employees.

ConsEmployees have larger responsibilities than most companies due to size.

Temp

Temporary (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsFun Atmosphere, Monthly Lunches, Opportunities to Learn more

ConsPay, can be cliquish, get more work than what you're paid.

Good stable company to growth with

Inventory Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsBest company I've worked for with many career opportunities from within. Fair Benefits and fair pay.

ConsDidn't enjoy the hot Texas weathers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice place to work

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working at Haggar for my first retail job experience. My co-workers were friendly and the customers were generally very nice. Our district manager was also very friendly and encouraging. Our store location won a few little prizes here and there from headquarters which was nice. The district office would buy us lunch on Black Friday weekend and reimbursed for traveling expenses if we had to work in another store. Overall, the experience that I gained at Haggar was good!

ConsRetail hours and working on holidays, but that's how retail is.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating your staff well!

Confusion

Credit Department (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat benefits. You can utilize your skills. Many processes established.

ConsVery poor management, very critical and authoratative. Huge turnover to bring in new talent. Way too much change management and confusing to employees in all departments.

Fun place to work

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsWarm atmosphere, time to learn the business

ConsNot a lot of advancement to move up. Low pay for non salaried employees.

Advice to Senior Managementgive more incentives, better pay to keep good people!

Family oriented

Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWhen the Haggar family owned it, it was very family oriented. I worked side-by-side with Mr. Haggar's granddaughter. You could walk into the CEO's office and get candy from a huge jar on his table and talk to him about anything. My boss, I left in 2004, still to this day (2/6/2014) calls me on my birthday.

ConsFrom what I hear, when the family sold the company to outsiders, the family oriented atmosphere dissappeard

Advice to Senior ManagementReally get to know your employees and make them to believe that you really do value their opinions and that they are valued at the company.

"To Get Along, You Go Along.."

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOutside opinions and fresh ideas from prior experience are "welcomed" upon hire. So they say.

ConsFragile personalities cloud the vision of growth within the area. Company/Direct will never get to the next level with this protective mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways a good motivational speech but a solid promise of a higher salary and free company Chapstick/Kleenex might be a huge incentive!

Fantastic Company with Great Leadership and Long Term Vision

IT-Software Development (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat People, Superior Management, flexible work environment. The people really care about the employess there especially with the new leadership. Tim and Michael are awesome to be around.

ConsPays a little low, but great company. If it weren't for the pay, i would stay forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove you guys but need to pay better!

Best corporate culture ever! Best company to work for, hands down.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe unwavering commitment of the leadership. The positive, friendly, inspiring, collaborative environment. The president and the CEO are doing an amazing job at empowering the people. Employees are energized, motivated, inspired. Lots of employee engagement and a good work/life balance. Comp and benefits are unbeatable. Bonus for all employees in the company.

ConsI can't think of any cons. The president Tim Lyons and CEO Michael Stitt are really doing an amazing job overall.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing. You are doing a terrific job!

Worked for Haggar? Contribute to the Community!