Hays plc

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox

Alistair R. Cox

Pros
  • Flexible approach to work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Great training, International opportunities, good commission scheme (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to work really long hours, and leaving at 5 is almost unacceptable (in 8 reviews)

• When I left the senior management were not of this ilke and valued stats above all else (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, world class training, fantastic company.

Senior Manager/Business Director (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsOpportunities for talented people are endless, truly inspriational bunch of people. I am challenged and cry with laughter most days.

ConsThe job is difficult and those who don't give their all / see early success tend to get found out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving had recnet visits to our office from the CEO, FD, MD and other Senior Board members I can honestly say that the leadership is consitent and clear in the ambitious goals for the organisation.

Challenging but fun, friendly people to work with, positive environment.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsThe people that you work with are lovely, they are very accepting and encouraging and always have a positive can do attitude. The role itself is challenging, but a good challenge with fantastic future prospects.

ConsI have hit a few challenges with working here so far, one mainly being, sourcing my candidates, but I have been working on different methods to overcome this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with the encouragement and good training. Notice when workers are struggling and try help them find a way round it.

Great company to work for

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsThe people, the training and the opportunities

ConsHigh targets, long hours, fluctuating salary (due to commission) but can also be a positive as well!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun but hardwork!

ProsTraining is excellent, I can understand why they say it is the best in the industry, as an associate they put a lot of emphasis on training you to do your job well.
    Really fun environment to work in, lots of young like-minded people.
    Fair with the promotion from Associate to Consultant (Even if you don't hit your billing targets if they see you are trying hard you will get promoted).

ConsLong hours!
    Fewer incentives,/perks compaed with other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementArrange more office competitions or associate competitions with big prizes.

A very good learning experience with a friendly environment

Human Resources Researcher (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsAnyone who is looking for a challenging work profile and has a knack of sales, should definitely consider working with Hays Plc. The work environment is excellent in terms of cohesion, the company values are practiced with utmost discipline and allows to enjoy a wonderful work-life balance.

ConsThe cons are only if the employee is under-productive. For everyone who performs well and basically, does what they are supposed to do and attain their committed goals, will not be able to find any cons about the company. The benefits are excellent, growth is excellent and the office culture is to fall in love with!

Advice to Senior ManagementIt has been excellent working with Hays. Thank you very much!

In a "Hays" of confusion

Resourcing Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe hours are good, the people are friendly most of the time, there are offices in many locations. The Hays brand is very strong and instantly recognisable

ConsNo one knows what they are doing. There is a fog of confusion in the business. Senior management needs to be more decisive and provide a clear direction. The lack of the latter is hampering the business. There is a lot of exposure to the economic climate more so than other businesses so that when things are bad, there are hugh redundancies and when things are good, the business goes on a hiring spree.

Advice to Senior ManagementDraft and follow a clear business strategy - the business needs direction badly

Great Experience

ProsGreat salaries & benefits (above industry average) + lots of training provided (for 9 months) + opportunities for Promotion

ConsCant' think of any cons, really. It's all great! Perhaps the work culture

recruitment consultant

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosgreat perks an people fun fast paced environment

Consalot of pressure to hit targets

Advice to Senior Managementbe open to everyones individual strengths and set realistic targets to make work not stressful

Recruitment Consultant

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat team of work colleagues and supportive to the nth degree , good brand name

ConsSenior Management are appalling I have never seen such a turnover of staff as I did at Hays, the leadership skills in my office were not existent and the director and senior manager were in constant "meetings" for no reason,. No real work done by these two. Attrition rate so high and no one at the top bothered at the way people were treated albeit people complained, if Hays really is Passionate about People they should start with their staff or loose the logo. I saw practices taking place which were abhorrent to me and quite frankly very dubious and totally against company policy. No one did a thing it was aloud to continue outrageous

Advice to Senior ManagementNigel Heap you need to sort this out as you have a lot of unhappy people who have left been pushed out due to nothing being done. The talent that has left is overwhelming and they are all at competitors. I did not want to leave but was left no choice with the behavior of my director

Low salary and hard to earn commission

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsLooks good on CV and good training. Global presence so there is the opportunity for international transfer

ConsManagement are good recruiters but terrible team leaders. In my office alone 12 people have left in the last 12 months due to poor management. The commission structure is awful and so is the work-life balance.

Worked for Hays plc? Contribute to the Community!