Health Fitness

Health Fitness Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Health Fitness President & CEO Paul Lotharius

Paul Lotharius

Pros
  • Great people, travel opportunities, comprehensive benefits packages, growth opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits; health insurance, dental, etc (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the qualifications they require (in 6 reviews)

• They don't listen to the employees and wonder why there is a high turnover (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, good pay, and professional coworkers.

On Call Screener (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe pay is good which includes up to $24 per hour, depending on your education/experience; and mileage reimbursement. You get to choose your own schedule with plenty events to keep you busy. Also, the coworkers are professional, friendly, and helpful.

ConsAs a full time manager, it is hard to balance your personal life and work with all the traveling you must do.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing a great job.

Good Company to work for, wish there was more opportunity for growth.

Prospositive laid back work environment.

ConsNo limited opportunity for growth

HFS

ProsSite all vary, relationship and satisfaction depending on client liason. Pharma companies and site contracted with employee corporate health as umbrella department are best locations to work in.

ConsNot a lot of room for growth. Low base, overworked pending on site.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent for starting a career in corporate wellness

Worksite Screening Event Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsGreat people, travel opportunities, comprehensive benefits packages, growth opportunities.

ConsLimited growth depending on department, work life balance can be challenging, salary is not competitive compared to similar companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider time away from home for field operatives and consider making salaries more level based on your competition.

Great Company

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) Merrillville, IN (US)

ProsVery professional, recommend highly to whoever needs employment!!

ConsAdvancement opportunities, always room for advancement!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

I have had a good experience at Health Fitness. My supervisor is very low key and easy to work for.

Telehealth Nurse (Current Employee) Lake Forest, IL (US)

ProsThe organization is pro healthy life stye. They have work at home arrangements.

ConsPart timers do not get benefits.

A lot of room for improvement

Health Fitness Professional (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with clients and making a difference in their lives was very fulfilling
    Health and dental benefits, 401K
    Paid time off and holidays
    Good work/life balance, although nontraditional hours can be physically and mentally draining

ConsDo not cover certification costs
    Etraining modules not a productive use of time, nor do they help develop skills
    High turnover
    Do not promote advancement of current employees
    Compensation was probably fair when considering actual job duties, but very low when considering education and certification requirements
    Difficult hours (this varies from site-to-site)

Screening employees of corporate clients contracted with Health Fitness.

Health Screener (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsVaried work assignments, opportunity to promote health and wellness, opportunity to incorporate latest research on wellness and prevention into health coaching.

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement, irregular working hours, uncertainty about number of hours per week, traveling to different sites every day and the challenges of finding work sites on cold and dark mornings.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more opportunities for advancement and more predictable schedules.

Struggling with balanced growth

Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe company is working to make themselves a better place to work and since this is a growing company it is a good place for upward mobility.

ConsThe company is doing all it can to try to make change smooth but they are not forecasting all the possible down falls well or are not very prepared for them.

Nice company, nice mission, nice people

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany is growing
    Good mission and values
    Support professional development
    Winning new business; lots of opportunities on the horizon
    They seem to promote from within when possible
    Everyone is very nice
    Great tools to keep you connected to the rest of the company even if you work remotely

ConsBenefits are a little costly if you have a dependent or spouse on your plan

Advice to Senior ManagementMake benefits more affordable and consider supplemental benefits for employees and families.

Worked for Health Fitness? Contribute to the Community!