Henry Schein

Henry Schein Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Henry Schein Chairman, President, and CEO Stanley M. Bergman

Stanley M. Bergman

Pros
  • The leniency for a work/life balance is wonderful (in 6 reviews)

• There are great people top to bottom, great benefits, solid industry, conservative company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Too many upper management "grew up" at Henry Schein (in 6 reviews)

• However, I quickly realized that inflated egos, dirty office politics and administrative incompetence would prove to be bigger obstacles (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

keeping hoping it will improve

ProsHard to say now..at least I have a job?

Consmiddle management is truly awful

Advice to Senior Managementway too top heavy..

Great TSM's, Horrible "leadership"

Inbound (Former Employee) Sparks, NV (US)

ProsThe Inbound team members work tirelessly for this company, often without thanks or recognition and frequently without support from the “leadership” or IM group. The “quality” that the customer receives starts with the Inbound team’s hard work. This team deserves better support from local “leadership”, senior management and the IM group.

ConsOriginally when I took over the position I felt the biggest challenge would stem from lack of systems and discipline of the team. However, I quickly realized that inflated egos, dirty office politics and administrative incompetence would prove to be bigger obstacles. The total disregard for professionalism, honesty, integrity and values demonstrated by the “leadership” of this Distribution center take away from the positive experiences and cheapens the “Henry Schein Values” that are preached but not followed. These dynamics are not conducive to building a strong team, innovation or productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Change the negative and deceitful “leadership” culture within the DC. Listen to complaints of current and former TSM's and leadership.

It's been great, they treat you well and give you a flexible work environment

Web Developer (Current Employee) American Fork, UT (US)

ProsFlexible and trust in your ability to manage yourself.

ConsThey don't always have the best policies in place for ensuring that everyone is treated fairly when disputes arise between co-workers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seriously screwed-up bureacracy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay and work hours.

ConsSenior management is not trustworthy.

Exploitive and Unethical

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshard working people at the D.C. level

ConsCorporate is corrupt and greedy. They create a culture where management is trained to belittle and dehumanize the everyday worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot one person in management cares about anything other than their own salary and bonuses created on the backs, sweat and labor of the employees.

Should have seen it from the beginning

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome people were nice. Some leadership respected you. Unfortunately they were my managers.

ConsTreated people like tools to be used and then discarded when they served their usefulness.

Unable to see talent, too focused on having an education over work experience.

Blatant office politics. Stabbed in the back by people you were trying to help.

If you don`t trust your managers and staff, then it is time to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the new staff, they see everything that the old staff complains about. Have a plan for the future of your business. Stop living day to day.

great summer job

Community Department Intern (Current Employee) Melville, NY (US)

Prosi can only speak for the back to school dept. interns, this internship is a lot less business formal than the others and i imagine also a lot more fun and less monotonous.

Conssome days you have to work till very late for certain events or tasks, had some 15 hour days (rarely) and there is manual labor involved but it's all for an amazing cause.

Five Years of dedicated hard work ended in getting fired as I was NEVER good enough

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Chatsworth, CA (US)

ProsBad salary, over work and many willing to stab you in the back so there are no pros

ConsRaises were always no more than 5% and usually 1% and sometimes zero company wide. Employees are asked to spy on each other and management pushes beyond human levels in order to earn their bonuses. When positions are eliminated the responsibilities are just added to another making that person have double and triple work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry honesty for something new. The climb to the top is not worth your soul. Learn to appreciate dedication and grow up as selfishness is for very young children.

Great place to work

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat work environment, very organized, great team... Company has great morals, employment and internal equity, helps communities, strong company, overall happy staff

ConsNot able to stay on as a permanent employee...not anything bad to say about company, loved working there

Gained a lot of experience and extended my network.

Intern (Current Employee) Melville, NY (US)

ProsManagers always went out of their way to include me in their projects and meetings. Everyone get's the chance to meet the CEO and other executives at networking events.

ConsMelville is in the middle of nowhere.

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!