Hitachi Consulting

Hitachi Consulting President and CEO Philip R. Parr

Philip R. Parr

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Director - Strategy

Director - Strategy (Former Employee)

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood brand association due to the Parent company.

ConsLack of a growth strategy, declining market share, acquisitions are a disaster since the acquired teams are completely neglected.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts about time to realize and embrace globalization to stay competitive & expand operations.

Horrible work environment

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time for more than a year

ProsBig company
Brand name
Can't really think of much more than that

ConsDisorganized
Left hand does not know what right hand is doing

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through on commitments. Promises are made and never delivered.
Care about employees

Horrible Senior Management in Irvine Office

Consultant (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time for more than a year

ProsConvenient Location Very close to freeway

ConsSenior Project Managers in Irvine office very terrible. They work for company last 10 years. Dont know technology. Unprofessional. One of them tells "You are a moron". They very deceiving. They don't like your work even when you work is good. Stay away from Irvine office. They use you and then throw you and lie to higher management that you dont work. They very unprofessional cunning. Work for los angeles office not irvine office. Very disappointed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire senior managers in Irvine office. Dont matter if they work for company last 10 years. They very terrible

Too small to be scalable, too big to be boutique... caught in the middle...

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

ProsNumber one reason that I am still here is primarily because of the people around you. The employees and co-workers on the project accounts are a very fun group and extremely talented and hard-working.

ConsThe salary is a joke. The recently new shift to a national model has major implications for the current employee base. Too aggressive of a model to become the next Deloitte or Accenture.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation and bonuses should reflect industry standards, HC is way below the norm and their be;ow avg. salary bands are what is making talented individuals leave for better paying positions...

Met some good people, management has opportunity to improve (Project managers, Senior management)

Consulting (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

ProsPros
Met some great good people, some good couches and superb consultants but most of them are gone now in the last nine months.

Some good opportunities to gain responsabilities from, management is approachable, but not understanding.

ConsCompensation is not competitive compared with other firms, large shift, not as flexible as you may expect when asking for vacations. May find from time to time some harassement in the work environment by an unethical project manager.

This is a good company, with good people, challenging clients, a lot of opportunity to make your own path.. but as the company is aggressively growing work demands and expectations have gone up, but compensation has not...

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat advice comes from many sources.

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Consulting reviews and ratings in Irvine, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hitachi Consulting CEO Philip R. Parr. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Hitachi Consulting employees.