Hitachi Consulting

Hitachi Consulting Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Hitachi Consulting President and CEO Philip R. Parr

Philip R. Parr

Pros
  • Work life balance is good but although depends on the project (in 37 reviews)

• The culture is very relaxed and the people are great (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • But perhaps better work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Senior Management is out of touch with reality (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Consultant

ProsWork-Life Balance, Consulting Core, roles

ConsCompensation, training, perks, culture, project variety

Good Company

ProsGreat place to work, great people

ConsNothing to say about cons.

Great place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosit is very flexible in terms of work and atmosphere is very good.

ConsNeed to showcase ourself if we want to excel in our carrer

Advice to Senior ManagementPlz provide opportunity for the ppl who has zeal to learn and excel their abilites in their role

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Right time to get in, good times ahead as I see

ProsFoundation layers have been strengthened across all business functions. Rightnow, positioned strategically within the Hitachi family for the next level of growth.

ConsMove the team from common commodity skills to the next plane.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax dress code on weekends atleast!

Great place, great people unfortunately career growth is tied to what team you are on

Manager II (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsSmall company feel with big company backing. Many opportunities to learn and you will receive full support of management to develop your skills. Provides many learning opportunities and reimbursement for training and certifications. Trust in managing your own time. Great place for college hires.

ConsStill stuck in the old consulting mentality of stacking and KPIs. Although they have tried to make some changes in the annual review process, your career growth is still tied to how well the team you are on performs. That means that you can be an outstanding performer, but if you are part of a small team or a team that does not generate much revenue, your career will stall once you are considered a "Manager".

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hear numerous complaints about specific consultants, perhaps it's time to think about getting rid of them. Don't wait for them to leave. Do not promote or bring on consultants at a higher level than they should be. This results in frustration from the other consultants as well as poor delivery with the customers.

Giant company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsFor the technical people, there seem to be great opportunities to advance.

ConsAt a huge company, figuring out the rules with legal is a slow and scary prospect

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire management to welcome ALL people from a new acquitision. Seemed like they were NOT open to learning anything from the experience of the people they acquired.

Good Future. Need to shape up

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsLeadership direction from a larger Hitachi makes it a very promising place from a future growth perspective. Good potential opportunities for the people.

ConsLimited growth @ GDC. Difficult to see how we will make the transition to the company of the future that the leadership talks about.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is some good work happening in pockets which should be recognized. There are some inefficiencies especially at the mid management levels which need to be addressed.

Great working culture

ProsAwesome working culture, great benefits

ConsLack of personal growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training opportunities

Nothing positive to say

Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsNice SF office, training readily available, if you want to do software implementation this is the place

Conshyper-political, willingness to engage in whispers campaigns, consultants concerned with looking good then doing good

Good company, but leadership is stretched too thin to focus on employees.

ProsGood PTO, especially around Christmas-New Year's. If you don't prefer travel, management tries to find you local opportunities, however, travel is definitely part of the job. Good community presence, and college hiring program. Consulting Core program exposes new-grad hires to a variety of projects and technologies, so really good entry-level career.

ConsLeadership is stretched too thin to be able to focus on what the employees need. Lack of technical leadership due to turnover, so if you're in the technology practice, that should be a major career concern (but maybe this is the case only in my practice). Parent company (Hitachi Ltd.) imposes very challenging targets on the consulting group (Hitachi Consulting), so leadership is always busy chasing targets, losing sight of how to grow the practice, improving delivery quality and preventing turnover. Bonus is irregular, and compensation adjustment is not great, even when promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on growing the practice organically by providing better training options, and empowering your consultants. Do more to prevent turnover, especially your quality employees and those with potential, or you risk becoming another mediocre consulting firm with a revolving door.

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!