Honeywell

3.2 1,457 reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote

David M. Cote

1,457 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though)"
    in 103 reviews
  • "Good compensation package and work environment, when US Govt market was good"
    in 65 reviews
Cons:
  • "People are biased sometimes based on region, at times it will spoil your work life balance"
    in 41 reviews
  • "upper management doesn't involve itself in employee betterment"
    in 38 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Diversified experience and

I have been working at Honeywell

ProsProcess oriented and good working culture
you can explore what ever you required

ConsMultiple direction to the job and daily work
Not much of sufficient information

Totally demoralising workplace

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe misplaced reputation the business has makes time here look good on your resume.

ConsWaaaaay to many managers who know nothing about the products. Metrics that are driven by satisfying the management systems rather than satisfying the customers. Period purges of people, like the current one where they axed 1/3 of their Customer Support people

Advice to Senior ManagementAxe 1/3 (or more) of the management people and get back to looking after the businesses that pay your bills.

Lacking talent

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

ProsWork is not very difficult and you are given plenty of time to complete it. Even if you fail to meet milestones, the feature will be descoped or postponed anyway. So it is very easy to achieve work/life balance. Hours are flexible and it is possible to work from home.

Work is not checked over by managers so you can exaggerate your accomplishments during meetings and take credit for the work of others to build a reputation. Even an individual contributor can average 8 hours of meetings a week, so there are plenty of excuses for falling behind.

You don't necessarily need to understand how the product works in order to be a manager, you can just deflect questions to someone else. Managers don't need to be involved in development if there are lack of resources, their only responsibility is to give opinions at meetings. Talented people leave the company, so there is plenty of space to move up.

Job is quite secure.

ConsPeople who have worked there 10+ years don't necessarily understand the product much more than a new employee. There seems to be a lack of good problem solvers, so those who are competent are burdened with all the debugging and bug fixing.

Excessive processes and micromanaging. No autonomy, no ownership of work. Pace of development is quite slow.

Code base is outdated and built on deprecated technologies, very difficult to innovate.

Lots of restrictions on what software you can install, excessive blocking of internet access.

Technical excellence doesn't seem to be valued much.

I have been looking forward to going to work every day!

Service Administrator (Former Employee)
Brisbane

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

ProsHoneywell has found a way to incorporate the best values at work and in life, to join great personalities with great skills in an awesome multicultural environment! The best workplace I have ever had, both in Brisbane, Australia and Budapest, Hungary.

ConsNope...can't come up with anything!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease open an office in Nyköping, Sweden. :-)

Honeywell Australia, North Ryde

Project Manager (Current Employee)
North Ryde

I have been working at Honeywell as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood people and happy environment

Consoffice furniture is old, open plan

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better furniture and change office layout.

Terrible Culture

Project Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunities to work in process control projects with interesting industrial clients

ConsRotten politics, it's all about perception and not the work completed. You need to make sure you complain first and fast as all scientific evidence will be ignored by management. Basically you spend more time thinking about how to CYA than doing your job.

Strip clubs were considered normal entertainment for staff and clients, even new grads thought this was an acceptable night out.

Training is a joke, they offer many courses but when you are back in your team you are unable to use your new skills as you aren't working on projects that used them. Worse senior engineers will not let you apply the new skills to improve a project e.g. to make it run faster, because they've always done it this way. Which was the way it was taught five years ago.

If someone it mates with the boss they cannot do anything wrong and the boss will happily let them scapegoat someone else who had little involvement with the project.

Lying to clients was common, there were cases where external parties had been paid kickbacks to approve designs

It's the only company I know that doesn't have integrity as part of there core values and it shows.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell I would have told them to fire my boss but they already forced him to resign. They should have fired a few more people. The bad culture is so pervasive that you would need and huge turnover to break it.

Comfortable place to work, appeals to some and not others.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Honeywell

ProsTraining and employee development is promoted quite heavily as our particular office. 40 hours is set a side each year for training. The work environment not as stressful as some industries (finance and game development). The pay rate is roughly at market rate. Additional benefits include API lifestyle membership and online libraries.

ConsThe stock plan has been toned down from previous years, to promote long-term holding of the stock. The change has resulted in the benefits being diminished. The bonus has beens scrapped and changed to a fixed pay which is actually less than the bonus itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want employees to promote and work harder in Honeywell, the benefits from the bonus and share plan need to be improved. You'll find that some companies that have a better scheme have a higher retention rate and innovate a lot more.

Good opportunities

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood opportunities to learn and take on major projects. Ability to grow quickly if you put in the work and network. Very competitive pay.

ConsBenifits are very average. Typical corporate red tape on a daily basis. Metric maintenence can be cumbersome.

A great place to begin your career

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of highly qualified, intelligent co-workers. Some of the best leaders that I have worked for. Extremely talented employees.

ConsMost of the benefits have been taken away from the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage employees to show their talents.

Good working in honeywell

Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLearning and good projects, visibility is also good

ConsToo much of process and long term projects let u down

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery thing is good at honeywell except the

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!

Honeywell Videos

Honeywell – Why Work for Us?

Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential in more than 100 countries worldwide. Your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honeywell reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Honeywell CEO David M. Cote. All 1,457 reviews are posted anonymously by Honeywell employees.