Honeywell Reviews

3.2
1,771 Reviews

Honeywell Chairman and CEO David M. Cote
David M. Cote

Pros
  • Good Work-Life Balance most of the time (sometimes it can get extremely hectic though) (in 147 reviews)

• Work environment is not very stressful and mostly you can choose your own projects (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor work / life balance, 70 hour weeks the norm lately (in 51 reviews)

• Upper management has self interests which over ride over all consideration for company (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't expect to get a good raise unless you threaten to quit

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Honeywell as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good people. Interesting work if you can get a full-time roll in the area you desire

Cons

Sometimes you feel like just a number. Management doesn't have time for you. If you want to work hard, but your manager doesn't have enough time for you, you may need to find other areas in the company where you can contribute.

Don't expect to get a raise or get paid well unless you find another opportunity and threaten to quit. They were willing to double my salary as I was leaving the company. That was one of the reasons I never looked back. I knew I would have to beg every time I wanted a raise. They would have held on to me if they had been pro-active about stating my value and giving me a raise.

Some managers are very incompetent.

Some managers, not all, need to devote more time to new employees who want to work hard and have meaningful work. I don't like being bored and waiting around for tasks. I ended up speaking to other employees and managers and finding work that I could do. That work was more useful and meaningful to the company. All this time my manager was nowhere in site. Also, when I asked for a better role, there wasn't one available, so I had to reach outside of my job description to feel like I contributed value. Of course I completed my primary job, that was always a priority, but I wanted more, and there was no structure around to support it.

Performance Contract Engineer I

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay with a very competitive bonus plan.. It is project based work so you need to be willing to put in the extra hours to meet deadlines, but with that said you'll have more intense work some months as well as slower months.. it balances out. Travel 30-40% of the time, will always fly you back for the weekend with options for a company car if driving more frequently if you live near by. You can work from home or office, everything is remote.

Cons

Since everything is remote, your coworkers are just voices over the phone.. Took me over a year to meet my mentors in person which makes building relationships harder. Also for those that like the office atmosphere this isn't for you.

Senior Engineer

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Its good to work here

Cons

too much work here in

Large company plagued with policies

Former Employee - Engineering and Technology in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Former Employee - Engineering and Technology in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I worked at Honeywell as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

For an intern, the pay is fairly good.

Cons

Everything else, the leadership does not care about people, vast outsourcing so save a couple dollars. The company only cares about the bottom dollar and all of the engineers know it, and are fed up.

Get with the times, innovation and creative thinking are destroyed in favor of maintaining policies.

Unorganized, difficult environment for anyone with strong professional standards.

I have been working at Honeywell as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Management understands that life comes first and doesn't discourage legitimate time off. The dress code is casual and it is easy to put together appropriate options on a small budget.

Cons

This is a contract position and needs to be judged accordingly.
    Do not think that the position will ever change from contract to permanent - it will not. Temporary contracts simply get continuously extended. There are no benefits and will not be.

The office culture is chaotic at the best of times. Miscommunication is the norm and standards and professionalism are low. There are no clearly defined responsibilities and therefore it is hard to meet production expectations.

Set up a better, more consistent, training program. Provide clearer expectations and more defined goals. Consider dividing teams into phones and processing.

Not a bad spot to finish a career or start one

Current Employee - Materials Planner in Richmond, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Materials Planner in Richmond, VA (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great compensation. Very flexible on working with the balance between work and home life. Job security is there.

Cons

Union Environment really slows down the potential for great quality and production. Good'ol boy system. Often refer to the good ol days and still trying to live them.

Practice what you preach. If you want to use tools to see where your company is lacking, actually use them. Dont just try to appease the cooperate big wigs with a color code system. Get rid of the union. Quit draining money on a 3rd party entity that is nothing more than a financial drain

Long term employee, not what the company used to be

I have been working at Honeywell full-time

Pros

Opportunities are available globally and across the businesses.

Cons

Like all companies, this has changed. But employee (the "people" part our leadership boast about) care is diminishing. Benefits continuously being eroded, micromanagement of the business, cannot back fill and hire to meet understaffed needs.

Address the cons - really look at your people and treat them as the assets we are supposed to be. We are considered more as liabilities and anything to reduce to liability is done.

Great

Current Employee - Senior Acct Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Acct Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company, Great Values, Brand value

Cons

Personal growth, compensation, employee connect

Need to have a better connect with employees

Okay company. Too large of a company. Used to be a great place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Honeywell gives decent benefits for a large corporation. The company is a stable place to work long term. Global company and provides opportunity to move around the company easily. Work life balance is great. Most managers are good with flexible schedules.

Cons

Benefits are being reduced every year for the past 5 years. Honeywell is a technology company that prides in creating new technology. However, the technology it uses to build the new things are 20-30 years old, resulting in unnecessary burden on engineers. The company has become so large that it is now all about profit. Too many young and talented engineers have left in recent years.

Listen to the people that work for you and actually live up the "People" initiative always being mentioned. Provide them a good work place environment. Stop cutting benefits every year. All the best people will leave and the company will be left with people who are just waiting for retirement. This company is headed back to the days of 1990s and early 2000s.

Its pleasant working in product development of Aerospace business vertical. The infrastructure and labs really amazes

Former Employee - Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best are the amenities and work culture
    The work-life balance is very good

Cons

Routine work, Won't encourage the latest technologies
    Compensation is not satisfactory with the brand value of the company

Should focus on latest technologies and develop products. Hierarchical management should be made flat as much as possible