Huddle House

Updated Mar 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kenneth L. (Ken) Keymer

Not good for family life but loved the people. Wish it could have had a better life/work balance

Manager (Former Employee) Murray, KY (US)

ProsFun staff to work with. I miss many of the people I worked with.

ConsOn call 24 hours. It wasn't conducive to having a family and raising kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of employees

Manager (Former Employee) Newton, KS (US)

ProsNONE, this company doesn't care about it's employees or it's customers. Read the comments out there on places like yelp for instance. Huddle House sucks

ConsEverything, the owner had NO clue as to what he was doing and wouldn't listen to someone that he hired in to help put it back on track. He brought in someone from Georgia that supposedly 'wrote the book' on training, but, is working for another franchise, and yet, openly and notoriously would 'fire you' based on who you voted for, even admitted to doing that in a couple of restaurants.

I told the owner he needed to hire more people, and put more people on duty at all times. He refused. Told the owner he needed to TRAIN these people better, the owner refused. Told the customer he'd have to 'eat' some of the tickets to make customers happy, THE OWNER REFUSED.

You want customers, you want to win them back, you want to win them over, you have to spend now to make it later, you can't win them back by ignoring them. To late to figure it out, now you closed down the store. Deny this all you want, but it's a FACT.

Advice to Senior ManagementLOL, consider listening to people that KNOW.

Abominable.

Server (Former Employee) Ripley, TN (US)

ProsExperience
    Easy to get hired
    Easy job (Server) to get the hang of as long as you can stick around long enough

ConsWill literally hire anyone
    No proper help (if you mess up, you get reprimanded instead of corrected, if that makes sense)

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug tests before hiring ANYONE
    Proper training
    Start out at hire wage for servers
    Don't play favorites with good shifts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent opportunity.

Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsVery rich culture and excellent environment.

ConsLittle bonuses for servers who work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess attention to details when it comes to rewarding servers for their hard work. Hope this gets fixed.

Lots of Reward - Too little family time

General Manager (Current Employee) Cleveland, GA (US)

ProsGreat Training and lots of support from Corporate Office

ConsTo manage a diner properly - too much time is needed

Advice to Senior ManagementWork out group benefits opportunitities for franchisees and their employees

Too much for too little

Server (Former Employee) Cochran, GA (US)

ProsWorking at this place gives you an easy way to make a little money. It's easy to get hired if they have an opening. (Sometimes they dont because they actually have people who stay at this place for life, I guess because they lack ambition for anything that isn't trashy.) And, its actually difficult to get yourself fired. Short of "no call no show" and stealing from the register, anything else you do that is wrong will just receive a "slap on the hand."

ConsThey suck out all your life, want all of your time, never give raises, never give time off, and there is way too much drama! They rehire people that they have fired for things like stealing, sexual harassment, etc and then wonder why they have such a hard tme getting the place to operate smoothly.

Advice to Senior ManagementHired people that actually give a crap about their jobs, so that your place doesn't suck. And then pay them what they are worth.

Only if you absolutely have to.

Server (Former Employee) Savannah, TN (US)

ProsIt's a job.
    You always meet new and interesting people.
    If you work nights, at least you won't be disturbed often.

ConsThe management was rubbish and didn't care about their employees, the pay was the bare minimum allowed by law, the store owners were so concerned about keeping food costs down that popular menu items were allowed to run out. I could continue on for days about how bad it was.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, don't treat them like they're expendable and actually spend money on the essentials.

Worked for Huddle House? Contribute to the Community!