Huntington National Bank

www.huntington.com
Employer Engaged

Friendly work environment with Good work culture

Former Contractor - Systems Analyst Lead in Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Contractor - Systems Analyst Lead in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at Huntington National Bank as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

My colleagues were friendly, so I was able to accomplish the work on time.
    Also all the employees with whom I worked were located in the same building.
    Flexible work schedule.
    I have changed my work timings depending on the client's requirements.

Cons

The applications' Architectures were so complex and there was no proper documentation.
    As result no one knew what was going on.
    It was tough in the beginning on how to begin my work, until I met the right person.

Organize the Documentation properly so corresponding employees will know what is going on.

Wonderful place to work!

Former Employee - Team Lead Process Administrator in Crestview Hills, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Team Lead Process Administrator in Crestview Hills, KY (US)

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great boss, loved my co-workers, enjoyed the job itself.

Cons

Only con is the health insurance stinks now. But that isn't the company's fault. Thanks Obama...

Get to know your employees!

Loved my customers, hated Huntington

Former Employee - Teller in Marysville, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Marysville, OH (US)

I worked at Huntington National Bank part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The customers were great. The benefits are amazing! Health was a huge part of Huntington and that's one thing I'm big on. Some co-workers were great too.

Cons

The pay was subpar. The management was horrible and sometimes non-existent (meaning, managers stayed in their offices all day..playing on their phones). The office I was at had nothing but double standards. (Tellers can't have food or even water on the line, yet platform side can. Tellers can't have phones on the line, platform side can. Tellers can't browse Internet, platform side can.) The referral goal was most of the time unattainable. The workload put onto us made for 11-12 hour days sometimes (new system with no support). There was no work-life balance. Huntington was very harsh on sick time/pto. They didn't care if you had medical issues; you would get no sick pay or medical leave (besides fmla), just points which can get you terminated quickly. Working in a bank exposes you to disgusting money..you're bound to get sick. Huntington was the only bank I've ever worked at that had no sick days.

stop micro-managing the tellers!!

No Support, Do More with less

Former Employee - Teller Supervisor
    Former Employee - Teller Supervisor

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Health Insurance, Co-Workers and Customers

Cons

Not realistic, When customers come first as they should then you should have adequate staffing to give simply the best service. Poor Quality of equipment for the work that needs processed. Non support with issues or problems only blames the staff for the issues. Non existence of appropriate learning and training unless you can do in between transactions Working past times scheduled on a regular basis due to not having adequate staffing and issues with the systems causing back up of work that still needs done. Do not get the appropriate resources in a time frame that should be in. Do not feel as if those that should be our support ,is there to support.

Come and work for a few weeks on the busiest times and take a realistic look. At Busy offices not the slower ones.

Quit trying to do more with less. Giving more responsibility with less staff.

Behind the times

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Less layers of management
    Regional bank allows easy access to HQ if you want to seek promotions

Cons

You have to be the jack of all trades
    Unsophisticated investment platform

Hire outside talent to bring the IQ up the curve on investments

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Good benefits and flexible hours

Cons

Working on Saturday and Sunday

IT intern

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Worked with V. P.s at company. Got to go to lots of actual meetings. Learned a lot from the experience. Team building activities with other interns.

Cons

No big project or great things to put on resume from working at internship. Kind of just worked a corporate job.

My experience at Huntington National Bank was positive giving me a chance to utilize my computer and data entry skills.

Former Employee - Proof Operator in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Proof Operator in Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you in customer service and sales this would be an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door. Huntington recently implemented a new teller system that will enable tellers to automate the deposit process giving tellers more cross selling opportunities.

Cons

The challenges to working at Huntington will be to have decent customer service and people skills as those will be the only clerical jobs available due to the fact that a lot of the jobs in the operations centers will be eliminated due to Teller Deposit Automation that enables transactions to be processed at the branches.

Good Company

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Immediate Managers
    Flexibility
    Good Core Values

Cons

No advancement opportunities
    Communication between departments

Doing More with Less, and Less, and Less......

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Work environment seemed relaxed compared to other banks I've worked at. Management seems to be sincere about the bank's "Do the Right Thing" mantra with regard to customers.

Cons

Top heavy org structure - layer upon layer of middle and upper level management. Worker bee pay and benefits seem to lag similar sized financial entities.

Banking is tough right now - easing back a bit on the cost reduction onslaught could go a long way toward gaining employees' respect and loyalty.