Huntington National Bank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Huntington National Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Steinour

Steve Steinour

Pros
  • great work/life balance for my family (in 6 reviews)

• Management was very personable, everyone was a team player, good benefits and perks (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work long hours sometimes 6-10 days in a row (in 16 reviews)

• Work/Life balance is a huge issue at HNB - IT employees normally work 60 (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

A wild ride so far.

ProsGood Incentive opportunities. branches work as strong teams. opportunities for learning with very controlled growth.

Conslong hours. arrogant higher management. understaffed. when you get a promotion, bonus or have a decent salary it is used against you in conversations.

Commercial Real Estate

Loan Closing Specialist (Current Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsGood company benefits and lots of employee perks

ConsLower compensation than the other banks in the area

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider permitting more flexibility with remote work and flex time

The only people who make money are the employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefit structure for advisors

ConsNot client centric. Performance is judged on revenue growth not client growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Insurance Sales Executive (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsI liked Outside sales, great E platforms

ConsNot to friendly of culture, Not much help when needed

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to create more harmony, Bounce the sour apples

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement was very personable, everyone was a team player, good benefits and perks.

ConsI don't have any negative things to say about this company.

Overall good company

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsThere is good opportunity for advancement and decent benefits. It can be rewarding when you help clients with their financial needs.

ConsDepending on the manager there can be a lot of micro management but there is a lot of micro management from the higher ups, you could be given a promotion but you may or may not have to take a pay cut, pay isn't the greatest

Advice to Senior ManagementCommission can be better

Do not recommend the mortgage company

Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI (US)

ProsVery little pros....management and backroom are terrible mess. Zero support

ConsZero support for the Loan officers

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of some of the managers....sounds like sour grapes but very true when you have a high turnover!

Former Employee

Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsThere are no pros to speak of.

ConsThe managers will give you the bait and switch during the interview. They will tell you what you want to hear, then change the story once you're locked in and hired. You will be set up to FAIL!! Senior management is always hired from outside of the company, never from within. Horrible training. Management plays favorites and if you're not one of the favorites, you will not survive and they will find a reason to get rid of you. They always hire management from within, always from outside, therefore, you will receive NO HELP, just criticism ultimately termination. 2/3 of the employees that I started with are no longer working for the bank. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS BANK. I don't see this bank lasting another 10 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire EVERY SINGLE SALES MANAGER AND REGIONAL SALES MANAGER AND start over. They are ignorant to the mortgage industry. This company will not succeed in the Cincinnati/NKY market, (if the institution even lasts at all). DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME INTERVIEWING WITH THIS COMPANY. (And get rid of the disgusting green color. You look like morons.)

Incompetent IT middle management, IT project management a disaster, IT application releases are train wrecks.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenerous PTO days. Slowly adding more competent technical people. Some nice benefits like free tickets to pro hockey games.

ConsSr. manager drops F bombs in open meetings. Passive aggressive culture. This is the way we've always done it attitude. Rely on vendors to debug issues. Health care costs high.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview middle management, get rid of managers who are in their position simply due to longevity and those that violate policy. Allow employees to review their managers , instead of managers reviewing employees only.

Typical Call Center

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsProfessional environment, positive outlook, constantly creating new ideas

ConsInconsistent coaching, constant policy changes,

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!