IMS Health

IMS Health Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

IMS Health Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib

Ari Bousbib

Pros
  • Ability to telecommute greatly helps work-life balance(in 27 reviews)

• very strong vacation, work from home, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture(in 13 reviews)

• No work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines with not enough resources(in 6 reviews)

good learning experience

Analyst (Current Employee) Sydney

Prosgood experience, learned a lot

Conspoor people management, no growth for existing employees, hiring for new but not taking care of exsisting

Advice to Senior Managementtake time to understand needs of your people

Excellent place to start my career

Analyst (Current Employee) Collegeville, PA (US)

ProsFrom my first day Interviewing with IMS to my first day on the job, I felt welcomed and felt like I was really part of the family. The atmosphere is very accepting and laid back, while still very career driven and work focused. Everyone is very good at what they do and are willing to teach you to make sure you understand/ feel comfortable with your position. There are many opportunites for advancement as well as opportunites for learning growth. You can find people who have worked here their entire career, with people here for about 40+ years. Their client offerings are innovative and exceptional. They are one of the biggest players in the healthcare data field and they deserve all the praise they recieve. Wonderful place to work. Highly reccommend.

ConsThere is a bit of disorganization sometimes in respects to the building assignments for departments, however they offer so much opportunity for working from home it balances out.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a location!! You cannot just keep moving people all around.

Good Company

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood working culture
    Flexible timings
    good for experience person
    learning chances are very high

ConsFor fresher package is not up to the expectation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good company to start your IT career

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWorking culture is good.
    A lot of initiatives are being taken, so you might get a chance to work on a new technology.
    Sufficient amount of time is given to learn a new technology.
    Decent work-life balance.

ConsEven though you are required to fill the skill matrix, it is never taken into consideration.
    Decent salary for a fresher, you will end up by saving nothing.

Opportunities and Flexibility

ProsSeveral different technologies recently acquired offering lots of different types of opportunities. Ability to telecommute greatly helps work-life balance.

ConsNot all salaries are treated equal especially with the various acquisitions. Limited flexibility due to some stringent policies that aren't always applied fairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure fair application of policies across groups and teams; Assess and properly adjust salaries and compensation to reflect effort and current job market.

Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people, great company to have on resume

ConsLots of turnover. Very silo'ed company - very little opportunity to work with other groups within the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess silos - allow the groups to work together on more projects,

Average Company

Annonymus (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1>Job Security: I have not see any layoffs or employer sending employees home.
    2>If you are part of Development team, then you can get reasonable good joining hike and you will enjoy working under reasonably good director.
    3>Most of the projects are data driven. So if you are from Data warehousing or BI background, you will enjoy work.
    4>You will hear couple of people talking about Cloud, Mobile, BigData etc. otherwise nothing about latest technologies. They don't know the definition of innovation.
    5>BI team is reasonably good.

Cons1>Mid level Management (Managers and Architects) is useless. They are bunch of loosers who might be kicked from big companies and are planning to settle without giving any work to brain. You will find only few managers gelling well with team members.
    2>very strict on office timings and dress code. They count number of hours and if you work less than 8 hours you will get remainder mails about absence.
    3>New office cubical setup resembles call center having no privacy. i was desperate to move out after moving to this new office.
    4>No Gym, No Carrom, No TT ... nothing to say about games or entertainment kind of activities.
    5>IT Services group is worst and full of bad politics. Couple of managers manage 50 to 150 people. Oh yeah, their hierarchy structure is like big tail. (Jr. Dev manages and give appraisal to Jr.Most Dev)
    6>HR team is big joke. They are fit to send only Birthday and baby birth mails (they will put forign babies and will send congrats mail to employees as of their employees give birth to white babies)
    7>Facility team and Travel team is bad. Onsite travel need signing a 6 months bond.
    8>nothing to say more about their appraisal process. Sr. Dev will give appraisal to Jr. Dev.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to say. If nothing works, they will acquire another company

Anonymous previous employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to commute to location is very nice

ConsVery difficult to work for,,,no training...expect to much

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to set up good training schedules

some very good people stuck in a monolith.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople in small teams make the difference in organisation. Actual products and services are good and well established.

ConsSenior management and leadership is very questionable, especially since it was taken over via private equity.
    No strategic direction and lacks vision on healthcare direction for the space they occupy. Cannot launch new products and appear disconnected.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange leadership and transform faster into something more and greater.

Good company to build amazing network!

Junior Consultant (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsGrowing company, internationally recognized, great team atmosphere. You can build an amazing networking inside the healthcare industry working for IMS Health. Easygoing and relaxed environment - you show that you are productive with results, not with politics - and good benefits. I was really well recognized for my job while I was working for IMS and the managers have great contact and follow up meeting with their clients. I also had the opportunity to participate in some consulting courses that IMS invested for all of them consultants at the time (including interns). I had a really good time working with them.

ConsYou have to work much more than 8 hours per day sometimes and the salary (in Brazil at that time) was much lower than the average salary payment for pharmaceutical/consulting industry.

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!