ING Investment Management Americas

Add Photos

ING Investment Management Americas CEO Jeffrey T. Becker

Jeffrey T. Becker

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This is for the Atlanta office. Great people, great environment, great perks.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsDedicated gym and cafeteria. Great perks and highly competitive salary. Diverse environment. Amazing down to earth people which makes collaborating and meetings go well (overall).

ConsJust like with any job place, there are difficult people and bosses. Depending on your team / boss, details and projects that should be easy become vague and difficult.

things are getting weird

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Proscompany is becoming its own without Dutch Group sometime soon. 40 hr. volunteer / community paid off time per year

Consno one knows what kind of company will it turn out to be. Hired leaders talk the talk, and got paid handsomely to make company public, meanwhile company is quietly laying off people while overworked worker bees have no salary increases in years.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't let company implode

A VERY DISCOURAGING PLACE TO WORK

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsName Recognition
    Diverse Workforce
    Significant learning opportunities

ConsHorrible Management-Especially in the PCF area
    Unstable Future
    No management accountability
    Very Unorganized
    Below Market Compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease eliminate the unprofessional middle management and work to boost employee morale. Force management to cut out the ridiculous politics and favoritism and focus on talent and innovation. Implement accountability on behalf of management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Sinking Ship with no life boats

IT Developer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsLocation of the office nothing else

Consno leadership either at the very senior level or at the lower management levels, no clear direction. THe culture in the IT department is horrible . 15 people have left in the past 2 years. There are some good employees but the very existant office politics is exhausting. Never have I seen grown adults fight so much. The HR department does nothing they are powerless.

It was a good first job experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe managers work with you and are very helpful with you in the learning process. The employees I worked along with were helpful and knowledgeable as well.

ConsIt seemed like it was difficult to move up or around to different sectors of the company. I would have like to see more opportunities to move around the company for better experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was very helpful, but I would like to see a better management program where employees can move up in the company and work in different sectors.

My experience has been positive but the compensation package is below market.

Vice President (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsInteresting work. Experienced colleagues. Great location.

ConsBelow market compensation. Limited opportunity for upward mobility and increased responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove compensation.

Extremely political organization, credit is rarely if ever given to deserving individuals.

Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsA number of good people work in the organization. It's one of the few redeeming qualities. The pay is okay and initially competitive, but frankly from an hourly perspective employees are overworked, underpaid and under appreciated.

ConsUncertainty regarding separation from parent company, bonus structure is completely arbitrary with no explanation, milestones when reached are rarely recognized, organization appears to be straight out of a George Orwell novel with marching orders coming from Big Brother.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are stretched to the brink. Promotion opportunities are very limited and mission statement is completely ignored. Turnover is very, very high for a reason.

ING IM -- mediocre compensation, vast uncertainty

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsSubstantial investment capabilities, both in terms of technology and people. A consistent investment philosophy across the fixed income platform. Upside potential depending on growth of investment management business, rebranding of IM apart from banking and insurance. Good work/life balance relative to other investment management firms.

ConsVast uncertainty in terms of future of business, future of company, location of operations, etc. Marginal track record in most strategies. Political pressures from HQ in Netherlands impact pay, especially bonuses. Bitter office politics. Too much emphasis on seniority and "experience", not enough appreciation for talent, not enough effort to get the most out of everyone's skill set.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they deserve to be paid. If you pay mediocre wages/bonuses compared to competitors, you are doomed to work with mediocre talent, which ING IM is flush with at every level and job function in the firm.

New global company with lots of opportunities

Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsMultinational company with European mindset, lots of growth opportunities across geographical & capital markets; Diversified offerings; Stable company. Very smart people (nobody less than a MBA where I was); mostly young crowd

ConsSub groups have too much autonomy that could make your work hell or heaven. No consistency in culture because of some people's own agenda. Few weak managers cause the system to break down. Can get too focused on meeting targets.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage management learning & frequent reviews, to gauge their effectiveness, not just focus on numbers. Implement an employee engagement program.

Last Resort only.

Assistant PM (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat Work Life Balanace and PTOs. You are free to take off whenever you need to leave the office.

ConsPoor Leadership, Poor Performance, Poor Investment in Human Capital, Systems, and Resources. The condition of the business can only be described as on life support. If you need a paycheck this is ok, but only if you have no other options. Additionally, the majority of employees lack motivation and the desire to compete. Intellectual curiousity is not valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementHit the Reset Button. Poor Leadership is reflected in seriously negative employee morale. Given the last 2 years in the industry the place feels like a boneyard.

Worked for ING Investment Management Americas? Contribute to the Community!