Imperial Tobacco

www.imperial-tobacco.com

Imperial Tobacco Reviews

Updated Jun 07, 2014
Imperial Tobacco – “Imperial Tobacco Head Office”

Imperial Tobacco – “Imperial Tobacco Head Office”

Alison Cooper

Great company

Analyst (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

Prosgreat culture, expertise and vision

Conscould improve in communication and procedures

Great company to work for if you like a challenge

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsWorking environment is good, demanding roles but lots of support available if you choose to use it

ConsBenefit package is better than some other companies, but could be better

Great money terrible and repetitive work

Retail Development Executive (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat salary and other benefits and great people to work with.

ConsPoor management, face fits right job, bullying by managers, nepotism is rife

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote best performers and invest in your people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid company to work for

Price & Forecast Analyst (Current Employee) Oosterhout, North Brabant (Netherlands)

ProsGood pay and career outlook (long and stable with a promotion after after a few years). Family type company, very forgiving and room to nourish and grow skills.

ConsPay is normal within the tobacco industry. Key competitors are more red than this blue company, which is a disadvantage. Lack of cutthroat attitude makes the company always running one step behind. Colleagues are with the company for a long time and will still be there (blocking outlook to promote upwards).

Advice to Senior ManagementA plan to achieve business targets is not enough. Create a vision that people can rally for.

Credit analyst

Credit Analyst (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat workplace, fun people. The job is fun, especially if you like arguing and being in contact with costumers ( commercial ).

ConsIt's certainly not good for your karma. Some tasks are very repetitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalking about business growth without addressing public health issues is a bit ostrich-like. Maybe showing a bit more consideration, overall, for the big picture would help with the business culture.

Job for Life... I thought they were a thing of the past

Telemarketing Senior (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsI've only been with Imperial Tobacco for a few months, In that time i've seen the companies core values every day. It's one big Family, they are one of the very few companies left that want you to do well. I'm really happy here and I hope to grow within the company, The Tobacco Industry is one of the most honest industries to work in.. And I love it when a friend or family member challenges me about it.

ConsOnly 1 but it is being worked on - Reporting System for Telemarketing needs some help askit needs a Jump start!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Family feel the same, don't ever forget that people work so hard because how they are cared for by ITUK.

A fantastic employer

Manager (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsAn exciting role with lots of autonomy - outstanding pay and rewards - work hard - play hard - challenging but really engaging - lovely values - great new office. This is one of the best employers I have worked for and would absoloutley recommend to anyone

ConsThe tobacco market decline - work life balance can be a bit off at times. Noy everyone is on-board with the drive for sucess and are coasting

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the family feel in a big organisation

The Best Employer You Will Ever Find!

IT Service Delivery (Former Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsGenerous salary and benefits, a sense of belonging extremely supportive and friendly, I had 15 very happy years there.

ConsNone I really cant think of any cons

Neutral with pluses place to work

Brand Manager (Former Employee) Kiev (Ukraine)

Prosgood atmosphere, friendly people, balanced

Conslack of innovations, kind of soviet

Great Company

Sales (Current Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsAutonomy, Engaged team. Pleanty of challenge but the ability to get things done and to have fun doing it despite being a controvercial industry. If you come to work here you will be pushed and challenged - but well rewarded. Having worked in other industries, if things get me down, I just think about how much better it is being here!

ConsCan take a long time to get things done in terms of decisions. Very few cons in my view working in this business

Advice to Senior Management-

Worked for Imperial Tobacco? Contribute to the Community!