InBev

InBev – Leuven – “HQ”

InBev CEO Carlos Brito

Carlos Brito

People good

Group Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at InBev

ProsFree beer given to employees

ConsNo promotion opportunitites exist at company

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to front line managers

Challenging, fast paced exciting but you need to produce or you are out

Director Human Resources (Former Employee)
Moscow (Russia)

I worked at InBev

ProsGreat industry, lots of fun at times. Very focused senior team that is willing to stick with the plan. Tons of learning opportunities to take advantage of. Results driven - can also be a "con".

ConsSometimes, those in charge would decide on the fly without all the facts. Very fast paced and that kind of environment is not for everyone. No recognition if you are not one of the chosen ones or if you are not Brazilian.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so ready to toss out solid performers. Not everyone will be a VP. Additionally, take care of the people.

bumpy ride but always challenging

I have been working at InBev

Prosgood ahtomosphere, mostly good colleagues, challenges

Consline managers can be blocking you from having a perfect environment... need to work really a lot more compared to other companies. olny recommended for those who love challenging places

Its expierence, Brito is ruthless

Electrician/Process Control (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at InBev

ProsBargaining unit gives you time to brace yourself for a up coming rough ride in contract negotiation; this i am thankful for. Good expeirence with technical skills. supervisors are good to work with for most part, upper managment is different story. Kind of like the government, they are so dissconnected from the people they are supposed to support.

Conslearn how company hierarchy works. Learn how managment promotions are givin to those who lack expierence. Be prepaired to learn on your own; managment doesnt even know there own job because they are moved around so much; cant blame them, they are in the same boat.

Advice to Senior Managementwhy advise, you already know everything.....right?

Good for young employees willing to re-locate often and work long hours

I have been working at InBev

ProsThe company is good at promoting young talent quickly through the ranks. They make a great recession resilient product and has a young workforce

Consterrible at employee retention. High management turnover. Bonus based structure which is good it pays out, but often targets are overstretched.

Fast Paced, result driven, focused and rewarding

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at InBev

ProsThe speed of change was great (if that is what you are looking for). Very focused agenda, stick to the plan and see it through. There were great opportunities if you were young and mobile. Engagement was a priority.

Consthe pace could get crazy - and as the company grew, too many processes and "alignment" needed. Slowed things down. Additional job opportunities would be scarce if you were middle aged. The company was very open about caring about young high potentials, and if you were someone who may not be identified for future roles, there was not much investment and you were considered a "blocker".

Advice to Senior Managementtrust your people and the decisions they make.

Run for cover

Marketing Coordniator (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at InBev

ProsThe comapny was great to work for when it was Anhuser-Busch

ConsThey bought out the company I previously worked for. Laid off tons of people. Including employees that worked for AB for over 15yrs and did their job afficently. I was one of the last to get laid off in my department. However, with each lay off came a younger and more incompitant replacement. They would take recent college grads and young proffs with 1-2yrs when clearly more experienced was needed. The only reasoning I could come up with was with talking to a few of the new employees their salaries were conciderably lower than the previous. Point being this: hard work will NOT be rewarded and once you start to aquire experience and will be deserving of a pay raise you will be replaced by someone younger to cut costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your current employees with a job well done not a compasation package and boot out the door. Simply for the fact that you just bought and took over one of their companies

Inbev, the ruthless business model.

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at InBev

ProsGood pay rates, Medical health cover.

ConsIntimidation is the main tool used by management at inbev. Managers life within the company is between 12 and 24 months before dismisal.
No training for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntimidation and bullying will get you nowhere. Lack of investment in your employees will cost you dearly in the long run.

What's To Like?

Group Manager (Current Employee)
Cartersville, GA (US)

I have been working at InBev

ProsWorking at InBev provides many valuable lessons in how NOT to run a business.

ConsA shoddy, third-rate operation on every level. The U.S. plants have become disgusting and dangerous places to work under InBev, as safety and sanitation are not part of the cost-cutting culture.

Senior management holds its employees in contempt, yet wonders why no one is "engaged." The reasons for the mass exodus taking place now as the economy improves seems to be truly lost on them, despite nickel and diming employees since the takeover (the ones who haven't been fired, that is), right down to passing along the $50 a year fee to manage your 401K account.

Lights are kept turned off in all office areas, and in many parts of the plants as a rule.

The culture of "Meritocracy" is a farce. Bonus payouts are not based on extraordinary performance, they are based on narrowly defined targets, set at the beginning of the year, and don't seem to be much more than a mirage to keep employees chasing after pay that the old A-B would have already distributed in merit increases over the past 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a stockholder in several competing companies, let me just say: please don't change a thing.

Commercial Manager

Mabager (Current Employee)

I have been working at InBev

ProsInbev has a Strong Culture that together with its Great Products make a Friendly environment to work.

ConsThere is a huge Lack of information towards the employees. Inbev is too Cash focused (products are secondary) and it makes us lose interest in the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management should Strive for better communication with employees and promote a positive message.

Worked for InBev? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InBev reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for InBev CEO Carlos Brito. All 38 reviews are posted anonymously by InBev employees.