InBev Reviews

Updated 29 June 2014
2.4

InBev CEO Carlos Brito
Carlos Brito

Getting worse...especially since Brito tookover!

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Riverside, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Riverside, CA (US)

I have been working at InBev full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is always work. If you are the type of person who enjoys working for the sake of working, come here. The only good thing I can say is that this company will give you work and more work. If you are the ruthless type, you will fit in here. This company is not for the faint hearted.

Cons

The pay. We are going to do more and get paid less. This company has lowered quality and I suspect this will cause it to lose more business.

Treat us like humans.

People are the last thing on their mind.

Former Employee - Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at InBev full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Passionate industry with a lot of history and very knowledgeable people. Hours can be tough at times but overall not completely impossible to maintain a balance.

Cons

This company talks a lot about its people and how they are the most important and valuable asset, but do not believe it. Brito cares about one thing and one thing only, which is the bottom line. This complete disconnect between what management said and what it actually did made this the unhappiest environment I have ever worked in. I worked at InBev during the AB acquisition, and while I wasn't made redundant myself I understand that redundancies will and must happen after any merger or acquistion. However, the way that it was handled was an insult to those employees who had given years of service to either InBev or AB; terrible communication, changes to deadlines and poor severance packages made it clear that management viewed employees as expendable. I resigned not long after to a much happier workplace, and would recommend any and all to stay away.

Stop talking about culture, and act in such a way that will actually help to create the culture you are aiming for. Talking about people but only looking at cost will only last so long, and you will continue to see talent leave as you focus purely on cost-cutting to pay for the latest acquisition at inflated prices.

Good people, bad pay

Current Employee - Group Manager
    Current Employee - Group Manager

I have been working at InBev full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing people
    - Free beer

Cons

- High Turnover
    - Long hours for little pay
    - No interest on being competitive in the job market, rather their focus is on replacing people quickly

Find ways to retain people in the company. You will safe money in training and the knowledge acquired will remain in the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

review

Current Employee - Treasury Analyst  in  Budapest (Hungary)
    Current Employee - Treasury Analyst in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at InBev full-time for more than a year

Pros

working environment 5+, free beer:)

Cons

The salary and benefits should be better..

3,5 years in accounting leader role in shared service center

I worked at InBev full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The main product obviously creates an interesting accounting background, able to create good environment

Cons

Forced carrier paths, inconsistent decisions with culture that is emphasized daily
    Cost reduction on a very high level with no efficiency

Concentrate on real skills and accountable/professional leaders

Great problems to solve, not so great work experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at InBev

Pros

Tough problems that need solving based on engineering, lots of room to grow within company. Great benefits included of all, even non-union

Cons

Having to deal with union workers every day was pretty abysmal. Lots of hours and lots of expected Over time

Good

Former Employee - Campus Ambassador  in  Lille (France)
    Former Employee - Campus Ambassador in Lille (France)

I worked at InBev

Pros

Very strong culture of ownership and great top management, which is easily accessible unlike in the other vast organizations. Plus, they produce beer!

Cons

remote office locations, stuck with only one product, sharing of the rooms during the business trips, long working hours, and not many much more.

just keep on doing what are doing the best and work more on Branding because it will be the key in future

Tough culture - focus on compensation only

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at InBev

Pros

Compensation is second to none and long term incentives are extremely good. You'll get rich at this company if you stay for 10 years.

Cons

Very tough culture. No work-life balance. Long hours. Sacrifice long term gains for short term benefits. Tough to manage with 6 P&L's and no global power.

Better understand the US corporate culture in order to make it successful. Be more willing to focus on long-term benefits rather then short term wins.

Not for everyone but I LOVED IT

Former Employee - Ex Finance Director
    Former Employee - Ex Finance Director

I worked at InBev

Pros

Fast changing environment, new and more demanding challenges on a regular basis - you really need to keep up with the pace or you just wont cope and either leave or "be restructured"

Great financial rewards (I was at Director level when we were maxing out on results)

Great development opportunities - not in a formalised way but "on the job" / "sink or swim" stuff which I appreciate isn't for everyone.

Cons

Unless you have the right boss, work / life balance can be a joke.

Development can be to other roles that are outside of your comfort zone which can obvioulsy be a good thing but sometimes the leap is too far;

Keep driving the share price.
    Provide more opportunities to non-Brazilians
    Change the formula for Bud in Europe - it is cr;p

Above Average

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Luton, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at InBev

Pros

Brilliant people to work with, everyone pulls together when needed. Very flexible when comes to needing to adapt working hours

Cons

Job stability, there have been many mergers and takeovers in the past 10 years and it leaves people feeling uneasy

Worked for InBev? Contribute to the Community!