Infoblox

Updated Feb 19, 2014

Infoblox President, CEO, and Director Robert D. Thomas

Robert D. Thomas

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Friendly coworkers and good work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Infoblox as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis company makes innovative products, so working here means you'll actually be making something that people will benefit from. The environment here is also great (although somewhat cold in the engineering department), with bright coworkers and amazing snacks all the time. They also appreciate the engineers, with Friday happy hour right before the end of the day.

ConsAs mentioned above, it was rather cold there (perhaps as a side-effect of keeping the servers cold). The hours might be a little long (although I was an intern, so I had a fixed work schedule)

Not a good place to work for

Senior Firmware Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Infoblox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits. Co-workers are nice. My manager is very nice to work with. They have happy hours on Friday.

ConsNot the director. The co. does not treat everyone nearly equal in terms of stock options, job assignments. When the new director came, he brought his own people. The work for old timers got shifted away.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice to the people who have been there for a while.

Don't believe the HYPE! It's all a smoke screen to lure you in and work you to death!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Infoblox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are some really nice people who work there, 75% of them are unhappy and are simply afraid to do anything about it. They just complain to co-workers and stay.

ConsHorribly miserable, uncaring, very wealthy, self-righteous upper management with old skool mentality that care only about themselves.

Favoritism rules regarding hiring, promotion and raises. Very unfair practices in HR.

Advice to Senior Management"Do unto others..."...well you all should know the rest of that line, and here's another good one..."What goes around..." yea...you all should know that one too.

No pay raise since joined the company

QA Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Infoblox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood product
The people there are easy to work with and friendly. The work schedules can be flexible.
Good medical insurances.

ConsLong work hours(can be 14+ hrs). They expect you online all the time. Manager may call you over the weekend.
Pay is below the market. No pay raise for 4+ years.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a pay raise for the employees.

I love this company...the people are like family

I have been working at Infoblox

ProsEveryone seems to care about each other and the community also!

ConsCertainly it is lots of work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on customers and employees

The worst workplace I've never seen

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood product
The employers are easy to work with and don't mind to work overtime, overnight or even over the weekend to achieve the goal.

Cons-The VPs expects 60+ working hours per week.
-Pay is 15-20% below market price.
-Very political at the engineering-management level.
-Wasting $$$ on luxious parties or giveaways instead of giving people a reasonable raise.
The above said all were for full time employees.....

Coming to job offers for students it is worst company that ever seen as start up.
-The $$$ wasted for parties can be used for sponsoring H1 to hard worked which will be good for company.
-Till date the number of students worked/working (Engg) for Infoblox are 7 but only got 1 H1
-Point to be noted: Also there are 3 more interns which have worked for Engineering only under 1 manager which were relatives of the biggies(EVP and VP of Engg.) Poor manager no option to raise voice nothing but to accept

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany's success not only include the product sale, but also includes the H1's done by the company. Sincere suggest is to do few H1's before going to public which is good for company growth

Innovation At Its Best

I have been working at Infoblox

ProsEngineers are given plenty of opportunity to bring their innovative ideas into the product, such initiatives are highly valued and appreciated. The company also ensures that the talent is recognized and are being duly appreciated/recognized in different forms. The company has proven leadership and talent at all levels, and there is a strong focus on team collaboration and team chemistry. Within the teams also there is peer respect and professional courtesy, a place where you can learn and apply your product ideas.

I saw a negative comment on this board, and felt it necessary to respond, as Managers here are very supportive and mature. Managers take every step to go above and beyond to satisfy the employee requests, in all aspects. Engineering Management makes sure to encourage every individual in their career growth.

I am very glad to be part of the Winning Team.

ConsAs expected with any startup, work is demanding and indeed challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Good work, and have the full confidence on the Management with their experiences.

Wonderful place to work

Infoblox employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Infoblox

ProsSmall company mindset and always customer comes first. Encourages professional work environment, yet very friendly and open office policy where you can walk up to any executive/upper management and exchange your views freely.

A clarification or note about "sweatshop" comments : There are 300+ stake holders(fellow employees) believe in hard work and work hard towards a common goal. If you don't believe in that mission statement then probably you don't belong to Infoblox family. Work/personal life balance can't be enforced by a company policy and it is an individual that need to take care of him/herself. You can take the camel to water, but can you force it to drink?

If you still think Infoblox is sweatshop, then probably you are not a startup material and you should consider not to waste your time next time and find 10000+ employee company and probably you will be happier.

There is a game room (ping-pong table and pool table), TV room and workout place. Free coffee, free dinners and FREE SNACKS!!

I am still an employee at Infoblox after 6+ years and I am confident to say I am still HAPPY!!

ConsCommunication across the different functional teams can probably be MORE open and transparent, and seeing growth pains which is an expected phase of a successful company.

Great company, strong team!

I have been working at Infoblox

ProsInfoblox is a very successful company with strong leadership. Contrary to some other observations on this site, Engineering is a well-managed environment where planning is very methodical. Like any startup there have been demanding periods, but the company has grown to the point that schedules are predictable, work/life balance exists, and individual achievement is rewarded. The company is innovating, and there are opportunities to (and funding for) work on new technology. The level of teamwork is very high, and the technical leads are highly skilled and very giving of their time.
Having been present through many of the stages of evolution in this company, I can honestly say that the company has never been better poised for success.

ConsThe products themselves tend to be very mission-critical and there are some very large and demanding customers. This is both good and bad. From a company success perspective, this is a good problem to have. From a tolerance-for-error perspective, this can be challenging at times. That said, there is a high level of diligence in software design, implementation, and testing, and the product is fairly mature (i.e. pretty solid).

very unsatisfactory human and engineering experience.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Infoblox

Pros- good product,
- long time with the company engineers are experienced.

Cons- very un-cooperative egineers,
- interesting/creative work is done by the engineers that are with company for long time, unwilling to share the details or give a chance to the newcomers to contribute substantially.
- very political at the engineering-management level.
- when critical issues arise, the urgency (to remediate) upon those responsible is uncoordinated.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you know well what is going on for so many ears now, for that reason I'll pass.

Worked for Infoblox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Infoblox reviews and ratings in Santa Clara, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Infoblox CEO Robert D. Thomas. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Infoblox employees.