Informatica

Updated 23 October 2014
4.0

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work-life Balance: One of the best IT companies in Bangalore I have seen (in 62 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Small Higly Skilled Team

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Be in the front row of technology with the market leader. Hard-core consultancy experience with great level of independence (no layers of mid to high level managers for the sake of it). Most of the internal applications are self-serve and cloud based making it easy for doing everything by yourself and on-the run.

Great client base, challenging technical & solution landscape. Great support from global teams and leadership putting technology and brand at the top.

Cons

Rapid self phased skilling up

Should assist in skilling up in fast phase. More attention required here with latest technology landscape changes.

3 years at Informatica

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Huge investment in training and development

Cons

Work/life balance could be improved

Nov 25, 2013VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. Our people are what makes Informatica special. Its great to hear that your growing in your career also.

Well managed with good vision

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours and competitive(ish) compensation. I enjoy working at Informatica.

Cons

US centric and very difficult to progress internally. The career progression is very limited as it is a small company and there are numerous hires from outside

Nov 11, 2013HR Director, APJ

Your feedback is very much appreciated. We continually review the market data to ensure we have competive compensation and benefits for our employees in APJ. Although we have a relatively small ... More

Good company

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Open door policy.
    "Can do" attitude
    Nimble
    Great products

Cons

Very tactical sales focus
    Possible shift in value of people/employees

Focus on lowering attrition and increasing value and productivity from existing employees rather than the "drop and replace" strategy that seems to be the latest trend.

Sep 26, 2013Vice President International Human Resources

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review - it's really helpful for us to hear your feedback! I would love to hear more about your concerns regarding our approach to our people: As you ... More

Excellent management with a vision to the future...

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great people & mgmt., forward thinking on business practices as well as technology. Without question, we are the leader in our S/W field of choice, always a huge plus when INFA is respected and recognized as much as it is. Our offices @ HQ are top notch, excellent encouragement from upper mgmt. to having a great work-life balance.

Cons

The stock price could and should be higher as compared to other Billion Dollar S/W companies. C-level exec's need to get the company name out there to a much broader investor audience via every/any means possible...you shouldn't have to just be in IT to know about INFA. A higher buy volume usually = stock price going up.

see my notes above re: stock price

Everybody I've met and worked with is top notch!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm very happy to be part of the Informatica Sales Consulting team.

Here's what I like the most:
    * The company invests heavily on their new and experienced hires. You are provided with many training opportunities to learn the products and the sales methodology. I can't remember the last time I had this much training.
    * The company sells quality software and customers seem very happy with the Informatica software they own.
    * The compensation and benefits are above average.
    * The people I work with have a positive attitude. They work hard and play hard.
    * This is a good sized company that gives you many opportunities for advancement. Several of the people in my network that work at Informatica have been here for more than 3 years and people rarely leave the company.

Cons

I don't have any cons right now.

None right now.

Great company with plenty of opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Industry leader, smart people, great products, excellent benefits, comp, work/life

Cons

growing pains, on prem mentality at times (from certain groups) in a cloud business,

Are we a cloud first, subscription business? If we are, let's act like it internally, message who we are to the marketplace and maximize growth as the industry leader!

Great Company!

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very sophisticated product portfolio, employee and customer base makes for interesting work.

Cons

Large company that is spread geographically can make it hard at times to collaborate with remote colleagues.

Keep up the transparency on the business plan(s) as it evolves.

Door of Opportunity

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture, compensation, benefits are all very competitive. Working on the Sales team has been great, as we have a very collaborative and dynamic environment. The leadership has done a great job empowering myself and my colleagues to make key decisions, improve our professional skills and improve client relationships.

Cons

Smaller divisions of the organization sometimes don't get as much publicity as the main "bread winning" divisions. My division specifically has grown tremendously and during company announcements doesn't get the recognition I think it deserves.

Great company, great people!

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Cary, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Cary, NC (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Informatica is a great place to work because it offers a lot of professional and personal development. They provide you with an environment in which to challenge yourself. The people are wonderful and fun to work with. There is plenty of room for advancement. Informatica also provides the ability to participate in community events, and they understand that their employees have a life outside of work.

Cons

There is a lot of room for professional and personal improvement and the ability to move up, but it takes a lot of work. I work for a company that was just recently acquired by Informatica, so it has been a roller-coaster as to where we will be going from here, but the outcome looks very positive.

Keep up the good work. Management does a great job of teaching everyone as an individual rather than a "employee #09475". Even though there are courses available for professional and personal improvement, it would be nice if they were more available for those that do not work near headquarters or approval for travel should be pre-approved.