Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night (in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D) (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

3 years at Informatica

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsHuge investment in training and development

ConsWork/life balance could be improved

Nov 25, 2013VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. Our people are what makes Informatica special. Its great to hear that your growing in your career also.

Well managed with good vision

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsFlexible work hours and competitive(ish) compensation. I enjoy working at Informatica.

ConsUS centric and very difficult to progress internally. The career progression is very limited as it is a small company and there are numerous hires from outside

Nov 11, 2013HR Director, APJ

Your feedback is very much appreciated. We continually review the market data to ensure we have competive compensation and benefits for our employees in APJ. Although we have a relatively small ... More

Good company

ProsOpen door policy.
    "Can do" attitude
    Nimble
    Great products

ConsVery tactical sales focus
    Possible shift in value of people/employees

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on lowering attrition and increasing value and productivity from existing employees rather than the "drop and replace" strategy that seems to be the latest trend.

Sep 26, 2013Vice President International Human Resources

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review - it's really helpful for us to hear your feedback! I would love to hear more about your concerns regarding our approach to our people: As you ... More

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company and Promising Career

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPros:-
    1) Great Opportunities to learn and expand your career .
    2) Great products and strong focus on Customer success.
    3) Good benefits, work life balance.

ConsCompany is Growing and hence it will have its own share of impact on employees.
    But Growth is always good

changed my definition of workplace, makes me want to work so much! great people!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgreat work-life balance ..flexible time offs.. good opportunity to grow..good compensation..friendly managers, free lunch and dinner..nice and intelligent people.. appreciation for work.. nice place to work in..great culture..

Conslearning curve, a lot of domain knowledge

Advice to Senior Managementjust hiring the right people is not enough, giving them the right training to begin with is necessary. promote an environment where people who have knowledge share that knowledge with others. mode of transfer of knowlege is immature. Lot of time and effort can be saved if collaboration is proper.

Jul 25, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for sharing your feedback and glad to see that you have a positive outlook about the company. While Tech talks and Innovation days are internal forums promoted within Informatica for ... More

Excellent experience and great work culture

Senior Leader (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat Work Culture and fantastic people. Good work life balance and very senior leaders and managers

ConsThe company has to be more open between different groups in Bangalore and USA

Advice to Senior ManagementSharing more information with engineers is required to gain trust

Jul 16, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We take your feedback seriously and its been noted and passed onto the right people. Thanks again and great to have you on the Informatica team

You have been warned!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsSome of the teams and their work environment is good. Non management people are quite friendly.

Cons1. Highly biased towards IITians. They are paid much better salaries than other non IITians.
    2. There is a platform named ISP. You will be shouted at and abused often. Be prepared for frequent humiliation if you are joining this team.
    3. No clear goals. You do X, they will say you are not doing Y. You start doing Y they will say you are not doing Z.
    4. People with flowery talks matter more here then with sound technical knowledge and innovative ideas. Sharpen your flattering skills if you want to make progress. Work does not matter that is the harsh truth.
    5. If you get targeted all meaningless work will go to you. Then you will be shouted and abused again that you are not doing anything useful.
    6. There are frequent one on one's to humiliate and demotivate you.
    7. From ISP team on average 3 people leave in 6 months.

On the whole DO NOT JOIN ISP TEAM. AND AT THE END I WOULD SAY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NOW CHOICE IS YOURS.

Excellent company with a collaborative culture and lots of learning opportunities.

Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities within professional services to expand your skills and take on more responsibilities within projects. Very good internal product training resources. Coworkers always willing to help and answer questions regardless of their seniority level. Great collaborative corporate culture, and accessible upper management team. Excellent employee benefits, especially the healthcare plan, 401k match, and employee stock purchase programs.

ConsProfessional Services seems to have a set formula for compensation/promotions, which can be frustrating. Slightly unclear about career opportunities within professional services.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider making the professional services compensation/promotion guidelines less rigid, and explaining career opportunities for consultants either in professional services or other parts of the company.

Great place to work

QA Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood product, great people, great culture

Consmanagement keep changing, creates confusion to engineers

Good Company & Great place to work

Senior Director (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

Pros- Very good leadership team
    - Best product in market
    - Excellent benefits
    - Nice office building
    - Healthy work environment
    - Manageable workload
    - Free gym membership
    - Pays above the 50 percentile of market comp

Cons- Growth is slowing and stock is in decline
    - Title inflation at senior levels
    - Employees are often not considered for internal leadership opportunities. Certain Execs prefer to recruit outside and appear to be hiring their buddies from previous jobs.
    - Company is getting more "mature". There is an increasing number of policies and process. This is not necessarily a Con but makes it more difficult to get work done and may be slowing growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job overall.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!