Informatica

Updated 29 January 2015
4.2

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work-life Balance: One of the best IT companies in Bangalore I have seen (in 67 reviews)

• Informatica has a good work culture compared to many Software product companies (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Small Higly Skilled Team

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Be in the front row of technology with the market leader. Hard-core consultancy experience with great level of independence (no layers of mid to high level managers for the sake of it). Most of the internal applications are self-serve and cloud based making it easy for doing everything by yourself and on-the run.

Great client base, challenging technical & solution landscape. Great support from global teams and leadership putting technology and brand at the top.

Cons

Rapid self phased skilling up

Should assist in skilling up in fast phase. More attention required here with latest technology landscape changes.

Great location!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Office is in the city in a convenient location, close to transport and amenities. Salary and extras are attractive.

Cons

Management changes. Not aligned strategy. Small team.

3 years at Informatica

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Huge investment in training and development

Cons

Work/life balance could be improved

Nov 25, 2013VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. Our people are what makes Informatica special. Its great to hear that your growing in your career also.

Well managed with good vision

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours and competitive(ish) compensation. I enjoy working at Informatica.

Cons

US centric and very difficult to progress internally. The career progression is very limited as it is a small company and there are numerous hires from outside

Nov 11, 2013HR Director, APJ

Your feedback is very much appreciated. We continually review the market data to ensure we have competive compensation and benefits for our employees in APJ. Although we have a relatively small ... More

Good company

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Open door policy.
    "Can do" attitude
    Nimble
    Great products

Cons

Very tactical sales focus
    Possible shift in value of people/employees

Focus on lowering attrition and increasing value and productivity from existing employees rather than the "drop and replace" strategy that seems to be the latest trend.

Sep 26, 2013Vice President International Human Resources

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review - it's really helpful for us to hear your feedback! I would love to hear more about your concerns regarding our approach to our people: As you ... More

work-life balance

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

having good organizational culture. Helping people. Good place to work. lot of event, so you can enhance your talent to other level. Lot of learning oppurtunities.

Cons

very hectic for night shift guys. Sometimes work can be extended. Not a big deal that you have to work overtime

Very good experience

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Smart people, good size company

Cons

Learning curve is long for new employees

Provide training for new employees

Jan 30, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Hi there, thanks for the comments. Not sure what part of the world or Org your in but please have a look on our Intranet for InfaEdge. It houses loads and loads of development opportunities. Please ... More

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the best things about working at Informatica is the work and family life balance, the ability to work from home when needed, the overall values of teamwork and excellency, and the CEO has a great way of connecting with the employees and communicating the company goals.

Cons

More time should be spent on reflecting on current processes and discussing the most efficient ways of upgrading current workflow processes. Teams can be small and workloads can become demanding when stretched between a small team.

Provide more opportunities for growth and educational growth. Hold more reviews of current workflow processes to determine how to make departments or teams operate more efficiently.

Jan 28, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for talking the time to leave us a review. We are certainly working diligently to focus on internal movement and right time feedback. The right time feedback program is close to rolling out ... More

Overall a great experience

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Informatica has a great position in the marketplace and I have never heard a negative word from customers about the solutions. It has a very collaborative environment and full of people who want to win and excel together. All the extended resources are more than ready to help out. They hire very smart and capable people. The work life balance is good and the compensation is very good. Senior management seems to really believe in the company and its future.

Cons

As the company is transitioning to become a large organization, it has sometimes lost the "smaller company" feel. It was never a small company, but you always felt like your voice was heard and had the environment of a start-up, a large start-up. Many folks come here from large companies and enjoy the smaller company environment. Don't Lose That.

As many departments are looking to grow, there needs to be more opportunity for employees rather than looking to the outside to hire. There is a fair amount of promoting from within, but take a closer look at your current personnel who have learned the products, the culture, and are familiar with teams and key player within the company. More promotion from within will reduce the turnover, which seems to be growing in the very recent past.

Jan 28, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Hi there, and thank you for your comments. Your comment about internal movement is well heard and has been based on feedback from a number of employees and on Glassdoor. HR is soon to be scoping a ... More

Great company, fantastic technology, good benefits, amazing employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Informatica is a hidden gem in the Silicon Valley. The company has best in class technology. The management team is a good mix of company veterans and new talent. The employees that Informatica hires are hard working, dedicated and committed to doing the right thing for the company and its customers.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done being a mid-size company. The business unit structure can be challenging to navigate, but is certainly possible.

Continue taking calculated risks as we grow and move into adjacent markets. Be bold about the company and our products.

Jan 26, 2015Senior Employer Brand Manager

Your review is appreciated. There are many employees that would agree with you that Informatica is a hidden gem in the Valley. Although we have a few rough spots around the edges, the company has ... More