Informatica

Updated 26 November 2014
4.2

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work-life Balance: One of the best IT companies in Bangalore I have seen (in 67 reviews)

• Informatica has a good work culture compared to many Software product companies (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Small Higly Skilled Team

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Be in the front row of technology with the market leader. Hard-core consultancy experience with great level of independence (no layers of mid to high level managers for the sake of it). Most of the internal applications are self-serve and cloud based making it easy for doing everything by yourself and on-the run.

Great client base, challenging technical & solution landscape. Great support from global teams and leadership putting technology and brand at the top.

Cons

Rapid self phased skilling up

Should assist in skilling up in fast phase. More attention required here with latest technology landscape changes.

Great location!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office is in the city in a convenient location, close to transport and amenities. Salary and extras are attractive.

Cons

Management changes. Not aligned strategy. Small team.

3 years at Informatica

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Huge investment in training and development

Cons

Work/life balance could be improved

Nov 25, 2013VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. Our people are what makes Informatica special. Its great to hear that your growing in your career also.

Well managed with good vision

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours and competitive(ish) compensation. I enjoy working at Informatica.

Cons

US centric and very difficult to progress internally. The career progression is very limited as it is a small company and there are numerous hires from outside

Nov 11, 2013HR Director, APJ

Your feedback is very much appreciated. We continually review the market data to ensure we have competive compensation and benefits for our employees in APJ. Although we have a relatively small ... More

Good company

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Open door policy.
    "Can do" attitude
    Nimble
    Great products

Cons

Very tactical sales focus
    Possible shift in value of people/employees

Focus on lowering attrition and increasing value and productivity from existing employees rather than the "drop and replace" strategy that seems to be the latest trend.

Sep 26, 2013Vice President International Human Resources

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review - it's really helpful for us to hear your feedback! I would love to hear more about your concerns regarding our approach to our people: As you ... More

One of the best companies I've worked at!

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The products do what they are supposed to, the people are great and professional, the pay is competitive, the culture is friendly...honestly, it has everything you want in a company.

Cons

I personally find it a bit unfair when bonuses are tied to objectives that are completely out of your control (i.e. utilization for those in positions that don't control staffing or business development).

Informatica has historically done a good job of allowing for a good work-life balance. However, now that we are a billion dollar company, we need to make sure that processes, requirement certification/training, etc. are enforced in a way that people feel that can do work during work times and not during personal time. That is, if utilization is tied to bonuses but certification and other activities are considered overhead, you are forcing a great percentage of the people to do work during their personal time to protect their money. It's fine if people choose to do more than 40 hours a week of work, but by tying money into the mix, some people may feel that they are forced into a situation where they have to do this. This is a challenging problem to solve, but this needs to be handled carefully or else people will lose sight of the value of training/certification or the employees become disgruntled because their well being is being threatened.

Had a great time at Informatica. People are excellent, management are good.

Former Employee - Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Informatica as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent products and services. Amazing people. Free decision realm for great projects. Coworkers and management work close together with same company standards.

Cons

Based on high projects demands, there is very little time available for training and get into deep knowledge of products.

Sometimes I felt a kinda lost at clients installations due to lack of training and of course no support from coworkers because they're also too busy.

Nov 24, 2014Principal HR Business Partner, Latin America

Thanks for taking the time to post this review – it’s really important to us to hear from our employees, current and past! It’s great to know that you had an excellent experience at Informatica ... More

The most organized company I have worked for.

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A company that plans and execute any topic with excellence. Marketing, product development, professional services, sales, education, HR and others departments working for a same objective: make the customer experience the best as possible.

Cons

Until today I don't see any cons to work here.

Work together in the good times and in the bad times. This is the difference of sucess company.

Nov 24, 2014Principal HR Business Partner, Latin America

Thank you for taking the time to comment and give us advice. It’s people like you that makes us such a wonderful culture and a great place to be.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Informatica has an impressive product portfolio, with a very well known brand and a huge customer base. As we all know there is no such thing as an easy sale, but it sure helps to have a very focused company behind you. It has an innovation DNA which is hard to find in similar companies. The benefits and fixed salary are very good. Great support from Administrative staff in general.

Cons

There is a lot of room for improvement regarding Territory planning and attribution to Sales Managers. The quest for massive pipeline generation tends to create some problems, as opportunities are not infinite in the companies. There is not an option of a corporate car, as other companies in the same level/size offer.

Improve ways to treat how opportunities detected in New Logos (Prospects) can be worked.

Nov 24, 2014Principal HR Business Partner, Latin America

Thank you for your feedback. You highlight many positive aspects of working at Informatica including our products, Brand, Innovation DNA, Compensation and back office support.

Thanks also for the
    ... More

Great Career Move for Me, Great first year!

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great working atmosphere. Management is very supportive. Leadership is very good. There is a great emphasis on training and development. There is both guidance and autonomy. I have learned a number of skills that have added to my success.

Cons

I would like to see a greater emphasis on building improvements into PowerExchange, especially in the area of supporting different database environments.

I would like to see support for additional databases built into PowerExchange CDC.