Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night(in 40 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)(in 9 reviews)

3 years at Informatica

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsHuge investment in training and development

ConsWork/life balance could be improved

Nov 25, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. Our people are what makes Informatica special. Its great to hear that your growing in your career also.

Well managed with good vision

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsFlexible work hours and competitive(ish) compensation. I enjoy working at Informatica.

ConsUS centric and very difficult to progress internally. The career progression is very limited as it is a small company and there are numerous hires from outside

Informatica HR Director, APJ responded to this review

Nov 11, 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated. We continually review the market data to ensure we have competive compensation and benefits for our employees in APJ. Although we have a relatively small ... More

Good company

ProsOpen door policy.
    "Can do" attitude
    Nimble
    Great products

ConsVery tactical sales focus
    Possible shift in value of people/employees

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on lowering attrition and increasing value and productivity from existing employees rather than the "drop and replace" strategy that seems to be the latest trend.

Informatica Vice President International Human Resources responded to this review

Sep 26, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review - it's really helpful for us to hear your feedback! I would love to hear more about your concerns regarding our approach to our people: As you ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

changed my definition of workplace, makes me want to work so much! great people!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgreat work-life balance ..flexible time offs.. good opportunity to grow..good compensation..friendly managers, free lunch and dinner..nice and intelligent people.. appreciation for work.. nice place to work in..great culture..

Conslearning curve, a lot of domain knowledge

Advice to Senior Managementjust hiring the right people is not enough, giving them the right training to begin with is necessary. promote an environment where people who have knowledge share that knowledge with others. mode of transfer of knowlege is immature. Lot of time and effort can be saved if collaboration is proper.

Excellent Company and Promising Career

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPros:-
    1) Great Opportunities to learn and expand your career .
    2) Great products and strong focus on Customer success.
    3) Good benefits, work life balance.

ConsCompany is Growing and hence it will have its own share of impact on employees.
    But Growth is always good

Excellent experience and great work culture

Senior Leader (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat Work Culture and fantastic people. Good work life balance and very senior leaders and managers

ConsThe company has to be more open between different groups in Bangalore and USA

Advice to Senior ManagementSharing more information with engineers is required to gain trust

Jul 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We take your feedback seriously and its been noted and passed onto the right people. Thanks again and great to have you on the Informatica team

Excellent company with a collaborative culture and lots of learning opportunities.

Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities within professional services to expand your skills and take on more responsibilities within projects. Very good internal product training resources. Coworkers always willing to help and answer questions regardless of their seniority level. Great collaborative corporate culture, and accessible upper management team. Excellent employee benefits, especially the healthcare plan, 401k match, and employee stock purchase programs.

ConsProfessional Services seems to have a set formula for compensation/promotions, which can be frustrating. Slightly unclear about career opportunities within professional services.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider making the professional services compensation/promotion guidelines less rigid, and explaining career opportunities for consultants either in professional services or other parts of the company.

Great place to work

QA Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood product, great people, great culture

Consmanagement keep changing, creates confusion to engineers

Great Company

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

Pros* Growing oppurtunities
    * Good Vision/ Mission
    * Great communication

Cons* Number of vacation days

Jun 26, 2014

Thank you for talking the time to comment. Its people like you that makes us such a wonderful culture and a great place to be. Thanks again

good place to work, not too many politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeadership (CEO) is very consistent and thoughtful. Generally smart people who are able to pivot when needed.

ConsProduct marketers don't have their own budget - they have to fight for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally doing a good job.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!