Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Apr 06, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros:
  • "Good place to start for entry-level IT sales"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Good people for the most part, challenging work"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Mid level management has the ability to make/break your role and upper management fully allows this"
    in 9 reviews
  • "There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Insight

ProsPlenty of opportunity. Large projects. There are many locations to work at. The benefits are decent and seem to comparable to most average places.

ConsToo many different directions. Salary is below average. Employer matching is very low (1%). Many projects tend to require extra work after hours

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more career development.

Field Sales Representative

Sales (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Insight full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, excellent compensation plan, superb infrastructure. Terrific perks and good management. Definitely a place where you would want to work.

ConsResistant to change even if change is in their best interest. They are a VAR and VAR they will stay ... at the mercy of their vendors. They "say" they do services but it is limited to break/fix. Missing the boat on powerful revenue generating practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to embrace services as part of their growth strategy. Because Insight is so tied to their vendors, Insight is at their mercy. Management should consider branching out in terms of service offerings so they have better margins and better control over their destiny.

Constant change is the norm.

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLots to learn and keep you busy.

ConsStructure - need more and less; depends on the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening and implementing changes.

Great place to work but confusing also.

I have been working at Insight

ProsTalented Team of people. Good work ethics.

ConsRoles are not clear. Sometimes this can be challenging and confusing.

Outstanding management team and headed in the right direction

I have been working at Insight

ProsExecutive Management / Leadership has the company headed in the right direction.
Investment in Services business and people is a major plus.
New focus based on specific sales segments and verticals is setting the company up for success.

Consbenefits package and 401K match is just OK.
Difficult at times to overcome legacy box-selling approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the Services and Solution selling capabilities.

Positioned to succeed

Manager (Current Employee)
Bloomingdale, IL (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGetting rid of dead weight. Floodgates opening with vendors and long term clients.

ConsMore fat has to be trimmed. There are still many folks performing at mediocre levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. Keep thinking long term.

Sonographer

Sonographer (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

ProsThat I do not work there anymore. Pay was average.

Conshorrible management, you are considered a number to this company not a human. My facility was closed 2 weeks before Christmas with 2 weeks notice, benefits were awful, lots of politics, the office was very divided unfriendly co-workers and very clique-ey work environment. It was a depressing place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a moment to get to know your employees, a smile goes a long way. Have a conversation with us once in a while instead of only meeting with us when there are issues. Communication was horrible between management and employees. I was afraid to bring up any issues because it was some how never resolved and they always looked at you different if you brought up any problems or concerns you had.

Unethical company not somewhere you want to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are several members of the teams that are true assets. These individuals are extremely knowledgeable; however, Insight has no respect for their employees. In fact their turnover rates and ability to cut anyone without warning is horrific.

ConsHorrible management, unethical business practices, and lack of methodology define Insight. The company tried to build on its services lines but has no care for the persons making up their workforce. There is no real career to be had here and they only use employees until they just don't need them anymore so then they quickly let them go.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management needs to go.

We are great at recruitment!

Network Architect (Former Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLarge company, good benefits. Frequent re-organizations teaches flexibility. Always pays on time. They have a process for everything!

ConsLarge company, and you get lost in the shuffle. You are just a number to management. There is a culture of always watching behind your back, because you never know who has the next knife. The Insight values mean nothing. They are great at recruitment since they are always having to replace employees!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the fighting between teams within the company. Cultivate the best out of people, not the people that are best at discord. Talk to those people who are leaving, there is a culture issue.

Insight uncovered my potentials

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat learning experience
High Pressure Sales
Recognition for success
Tons of rewards
Positive work environment
Awesome benefit package

ConsInternal processes can slow down performance
Long sales training (3 months when I joined)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should consider going back to its roots, which was being a sales organization geared towards providing clients a one-stop shopping experience. The burden of providing complete solutions, is profitable in theory; however, when executed in practice it doesn't work out as well. In the case of Insight, the direction of patterning with few key partners and disregard the others allowed the competition to take market share away.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Insight CEO Kenneth T. Lamneck. All 147 reviews are posted anonymously by Insight employees.