Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work (in 10 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team (in 10 reviews)

• There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPlenty of opportunity. Large projects. There are many locations to work at. The benefits are decent and seem to comparable to most average places.

ConsToo many different directions. Salary is below average. Employer matching is very low (1%). Many projects tend to require extra work after hours

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more career development.

Boastful, cocky, uptight, and uncaring

Account Executive (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsFun environment. Insight likes to have fun at work. They do pretty creative fun (free) activities to keep you motivated to sell, sell, sell.

ConsShaky leadership, bad management, horrible HR policies. Horrible medical benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better direction for your employees. Do not put your employees in debt for medical bills. You should be able to provide better insurance for your employees since you're a Fortune 500 company and make more that $5b in revenues per year. Work with your employees so you won't have such a high turnover. Senior management was shifted around before I left. I really think this company should utilize some type of internal affairs department to ensure their employees are being treated fairly. Implement policies that would encourage your employees to stay motivated to work hard for your company. Do not penalize people because they do not fit the mold or perfect in every way. You're only as good as the investment that you put into your talent and your clients can see that and there is no sales script that can disguise that.

This company only had a high deductible plan with a $3,000 deductible plan at the time I was employed there. Lets be honest if your start your employee with $30-$40K starting salary how do you expect to pay an insurance premium and $3000 before it pays anything? Also if you say that benefits start in 30 days please stop using that misleading statement because it could get you in trouble. For example, we waited 30 days to select benefits, pay premiums for another 30 days, then was able to utilize the benefits after another 30 days. People, that's waiting 90 days for benefits.

I believe there is opportunity to move around and acquire other skills to move in other areas of the company. There are certification programs available to you while you are there. Please take advantage of this training as I believe this is very helpful to your sales career there.

Insight does a fair amount of fun activities that will keep you energized for the short term.

Please make your sales managers support your new hires better rather than sell or drown tactics. I cannot tell you how many times I had to depend on a veteran sales rep on critical issues for my clients.

However I like the CEO of the company and I believe he will take this company in the right direction over the long haul.

Don't do it!

Secretary (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsSick time was not regulated -- Could take a good bit off if needed. Was located in a beautiful city and great shopping nearby.

ConsEverything -- No growth or promotion opportunities. Depressing culture and workplace; Benefits were not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to put employees first.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people. Horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Management says all the right things.

ConsManagement is so clueless and disconnected as to what is happening in the company and what needs to be done. They keep talking about fixing it to prevent the turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking away benefits. Start listening to your employees.

Run!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility, but not in all areas

ConsSo many, don't know where to start. Teammates are overworked and mentally beaten up with little to no appreciation or return. Merit increases are a joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at Director/VP level mgmt they manage by fear. To much politics, it's all about who you know, not what you know or the effort put in. You are losing all of your knowledgeable employees due to being pushed out by the Buddy system.

Runaway

Account Executive (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat Benefits, some good people work there. Good training too.

ConsMost has already been said. Runaway. we started the training and after a couple of weeks, they started firing people. all they tell you is you are not a fit for the company, please take your belonging.
    you ve been warned.
    I would stay away from the company.

Horrible

Account Executive (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Prosno over time, motivation to look for other jobs

ConsHigh pressure, no compensation, lack of leadership,

Field Sales Representative

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat benefits, excellent compensation plan, superb infrastructure. Terrific perks and good management. Definitely a place where you would want to work.

ConsResistant to change even if change is in their best interest. They are a VAR and VAR they will stay ... at the mercy of their vendors. They "say" they do services but it is limited to break/fix. Missing the boat on powerful revenue generating practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to embrace services as part of their growth strategy. Because Insight is so tied to their vendors, Insight is at their mercy. Management should consider branching out in terms of service offerings so they have better margins and better control over their destiny.

Constant change is the norm.

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsLots to learn and keep you busy.

ConsStructure - need more and less; depends on the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening and implementing changes.

Great place to work but confusing also.

ProsTalented Team of people. Good work ethics.

ConsRoles are not clear. Sometimes this can be challenging and confusing.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!