Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Reviews in Folsom, CA

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork(in 454 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin(in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders(in 107 reviews)

272 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company, lots of politics

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsExcellent engineering skills, upper management is open and honest about strategy, industry, etc.
    Most engineers are very good at their job, and are very dedicated. The entire company is very tech-centric. I've worked at companies that aren't this way, and it is refreshing to see upper management really understand the tech industry.

ConsLots of politics! Also, middle management seems to have a hard time accepting that the Intel way of doing things is no longer the universal way. There tends to be a lot of people there that think that the rest of the world is waiting for Intel to produce something before it will buy it. Trouble is, that's no longer the case. Lots of internal politics, also. A poorly worded email at the wrong time can kill your entire yearly review.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to modernize procedures! Intel is badly behind in the tech world and needs to catch up. Upper management seems to be trying, but there is still too many middle managers that still push the old Intel way of doing things.

Intel Corporation Talent Branding Solutions Manager responded to this review

Jul 15, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post this! Your insights are spot on. Our Senior Management team understands the need for us to shift the company culture and for us move with much greater velocity ... More

An old company moving swiftly into the 21st century

Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

Prosgreat benefits, interns received many benefits!, fun intern program to keep interns engaged outside of work, smart people everwhere, can always strike up an interesting conversation with many, company tries to minimize buerocracy and make it easy for the employee to do work

Consnone i can think of besides getting a bit lost during the first few weeks in a huge campus

Advice to Senior Managementkeep jobs in california! oregon is great but not for everyone. Keep supporting open source!

Sr. Programmer - Telecommunications / Infrastructure

Senior Programmer (Former Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsGreat people to work with, many different projects

ConsPutting up with R&R process

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more employee training and consulting

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable, limited upward mobility

Graphics Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsGreat job stability
    Work on products that impact a lot of people
    Management usually listens to complaints of workers

ConsSub-par compensation
    Less and less focus on work-life balance
    Inefficient planning / work flow (you get to enjoy doing the same changes multiple times, and/or completing a task and THEN having it pulled from a project)
    Hard to get promoted past mid-level, at least in engineering
    Your hard work may very well go unrecognized

Contractors Beware. Be Prepared to do the work of a regular full-time employee without the "Great Place to Work Value"

Software Testing (Former Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsFantastic Learning Opportunities. The most advanced microprocessors in the world. Intel owns the facilities and spends copious amounts on Research and Development.

ConsSwearing, yelling, blaming, pointing the finger, and just plain unprofessionalism. It depends on what lab you work in. Some managers have too much time and others not enough. Some managers spend a great deal of time "spying" on employees. I guess it's the same in any company, but I thought Intel had higher standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementBlue badge employees, supervisors, managers, and team leads are placing too much responsibility on Green Badge employees and or the contingent workforce.

Firmware Engineer at Intel

Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsWork on cutting edge technology well before others in the industry even realize it.

Ability to do whatever you want, and you can switch your job from one group to the other to promote constant learning

ConsNot the best salary, Not the best employee benefits, decision making is dragged by management. A lot of politics and fighting between teams doing similar work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is huge, and should offload 10 to 15% of non-performing staff

Intel is a great company and is the temple for VLSI

Graphics Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsGreat technical aspects to learn
    Good team building
    Fun place to work
    Good work life balance

ConsNothing to really complain. A bit less on salary but good health and work life balance compensates for this

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Intel is one of the very good companies which encourages and fosters work-life balance.

Senior Component Design Engineer (Current Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsPeople are approachable and technically sound. It is easy to learn from senior technical folks.

Consbig teams, so it is not easy to be unique

Advice to Senior Managementmake smaller teams

Graduate Technical Intern

Graduate Technical Intern (Current Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsGreat place to work! Good encouragement. Good guidance.

ConsNone to say.. Everything is pretty good.

Intel Corporation Intern Program Manager responded to this review

Jun 11, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I share your optimism!

Not Bad

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsFairly professional environment. The corporation seemed like they actually cared about their employees.

ConsAs a contractor, some of the management obviously weren't as nice to us.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne manager told me, "you don't get to ask for that, you are a contractor." Ok, thanks for putting me in my place. Since we were moving cubicles, I just thought I would ask for the one I wanted.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!