Intel Corporation

3.8
3,777 Reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich
Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork (in 455 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field (in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin (in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders (in 109 reviews)

More Highlights

Intel presents unique opportunities found nowhere else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing benefits, high caliber coworkers, and unique products. This is a one of a kind company with a huge mission and a lot of corporate courage. Super star employees are the norm.

Cons

Engineering culture - this could be good or bad, just know what you are getting in to. Heavy bureaucracy in IT. Expectation of an affinity for HW and an EE degree or mathematical bias - other disciplines not really respected. But it IS a HW company.....

Intel : company of opportunities

Current Employee - Graphics Hardware Engineer
    Current Employee - Graphics Hardware Engineer

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very big company due to which there a large number of different teams doing very different work so you can get exposure to a lot of different things by changing teams within the company, which is also not very difficult.

Cons

Salary for H/W guys is less than competition like QComm/ Apple etc

With the right manager, an unbelievable experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Intelligent people
    Fantastic Benefits
    Sabbatical
    Great working conditions
    Exciting work
    Ability to move around

Cons

Your Intel experience ends up being entirely guided by the management structure in your position. I have worked in 4 positions for more than 7 years now at Intel. My first two managers were absolutely fantastic and made the work I was doing meaningful and rewarding while treating me well. The management structure in my most recent position is abusive, micromanaging and setting us up for failure.

Grab one of the good groups and Intel will be the best company you'll work for. Otherwise, keep an eye on the internal jobs board.

Do what you can to get REAL feedback about managers. The MFT scores are gamed/cheated on by some of the poorer managers and aren't a good benchmark.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with internal political issues

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are great benefits to working at Intel. With the right manager, work is extremely flexible allowing you to maintain an excellent work-life balance. When I need to handle something at home, my manager and coworkers have no issues stepping in to carry the load while I'm out. Likewise I'm there to help when my coworkers need it.

There are also a lot of little perks such as raffles from the "Great Place to Work" team where you can win tickets to movies, sporting events, concerts, etc. There are a number of fun activities planned by individual teams and entire sites to celebrate or just get to know each other better. One great activity that just completed was a kid's day where we could bring in our kids for fun science and technology events all day. My son loved it.

Overall, the work environment when you have found the right team is very enjoyable.

Cons

The most difficult thing for me about working here are the politics. Unfortunately within the leadership and management layers, there are a lot of entrenched folks that seem more interested in promoting their own career than in doing the right thing for the company. Because of this, I have seen some terrible decisions made that set the entire company back and took many months to recover, but there was no accountability held to the decision maker for this.

It can be very frustrating to be passed up on a promotion only to see someone less deserving but more politically savvy promoted instead.

The management layers need to be cleaned out to limit the political power of some of the entrenched cliques. I'd like to see more accountability for decisions and agendas that end up hurting the company.

Very good company to work!!

Former Employee - Automation Intern  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Automation Intern in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good work culture. Balanced. Good benefits and perks.

Cons

Too early to decide as i was interning for three months.

Intel is a great place to work

Current Employee - Reliability Engineer
    Current Employee - Reliability Engineer

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intel develops your skill set with many useful classes and refresh classes every year. The people here are always helpful eventhough they may not work with you. The pay is great!

Cons

Intel is a very process oriented company. Eventhough they encourage you to think outside the box and be innovative, at times, this becomes hard to achieve with current process.

Intel

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern

Pros

Wonderful boss, interesting work, good pay

Cons

not that i could find during my short stay

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Very good work/life balance, smart co-workers, decent pay, decent benefits.

Cons

Perks lag many peers, non-trivial bureaucracy, management openly aims to match the _average_ of peer company compensation packages.

You cannot retain the best talent by paying them average! Focus on growth and not on controlling spending, especially wrt. employee compensation and benefits.

A good place to stay

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

People are nice and have a good work-life balance. Some very senior and talented people working here.

Cons

A big company that you only have the chance to do a narrow part. A lot of ethic works that are additional and may not be quite useful.

If give people more chance to comminicate with other department or companies, that would be nicer.

Pros and Cons, but overall good place to work.

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are lots of training opportunities so it is a great place for personal growth, there are opportunities available. Compensation and perks are excellent, education is also a perk in my book. In general there is a good work atmosphere.

Cons

Working hours a long and it can be very difficult to find a work life balance. There are lots of politics, and it is a highly competitive work environment.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!