Intralinks

Intralinks Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Intralinks Director, President & CEO Ronald W. Hovsepian

Ronald W. Hovsepian

Pros
  • The software dev team has a smart & energized group of people (in 4 reviews)

• They offer an excellent work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management doesn't understand the changing markets (in 5 reviews)

• Highly political environment - infighting, backstabbing, sycophants (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Losing in the core market and failing to capture new business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- well established (but shrinking) core M&A VDR business
    - good products
    - experienced M&A Product Management

Cons- Senior Management doesn't understand the changing markets
    - Problems with their Enterprise business
    - archaic people management
    - Poor career development

Advice to Senior Management- focus on new markets
    - new, innovative people management and career development approach

Started better than it ended!

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsEarly on in my IntraLinks career, I knew that this was a start up with a mom and pop lifestyle, but they also had lofty dreams and goals that I admired. Both the New York and Boston locations had at that time a culture that made you feel good about working there. Damico, Pleasner and Tracey were the big NY 3 followed up by a savvy Boston technology executive. Although they had huge mountains to climb and commitments to keep, they made it work and kept moral as high as possible. Never did I feel like just a worker, another cog in the machine. I felt trusted and valued and was hired based on my skillset and my past record of delivering solid outcomes. This team also trusted their teams to deliver what was needed, when it was needed! The little things like discounted vending were small tokens that went a long way.

ConsNew York lacked space, refinement and true corporate appeal. Once the lower Manhattan office combined with Mid-town, the pain of lack of space and dedication of expansion was felt. The disconnect that new leadership based in Boston had with the New York teams was very evident. You felt no love. We were the ugly step children while Boston lead the glamorous life! The leadership was all changed to Ron’s personal A-Team. While I can respect their abilities, they did nothing to win over the confidence of the employees. I felt like there were two companies that operated. The have and the have not’s. My role gave me financial insight as well as global visibility. The leadership had a new agenda… and only a few would fit in their plans.

The hours can be long and the demands great with no compensation or other benefits given.

New York conditions were horrible.

Lack of culture and connection.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement will always do what benefits themselves. Intralinks had/has some very good people. They need to invest better in them.

So far, so good

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsI joined Intralinks recently and the journey has been very good so far. The engineering team has got some amazing talents and we develop some amazing products. Friendly and flexible environment to work. The company values the employees. Compensation and the policies are very good. Developers have the freedom to explore new technologies.

ConsManagement needs to connect with the employees more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in fresh minds into the Product Management team so that they can contribute new ideas and make the products better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent start-up for gaining real experience

Senior Performance Engineer (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsThis is an excellent place to be especially if you are starting your career. You'll get to learn a lot and opportunities to rise in your career are a plenty. Very multi-cultural.

Conswork-life balance can be lacking at times (as in all the start-ups)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

paranoid management/micromanagement extreme, backstabbing mentality among coworkers

Prosnone except the cheap vending machines

Consparanoid management stalks you, backstabbing among coworkers rampant

Advice to Senior Managementget a new management team

Great opportunity to work for a market leader

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product with service that exceeds capabilities of competitors.

ConsAt times expectations from executive leadership are unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold on to your talent! I saw too many talented individuals leave the organization.

Used to be good...

IT Department (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsRelatively good benefit, especially health and vacation. good work life balance.

ConsUpper management has changed, the new one they don't understand much about technology

Advice to Senior Managementa great company before, now a lot of politics..

Worse company ever!!!

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsNone - what a waste of time it was working for this company. I only realize it after leaving that I wasted a lot of energy there.

ConsMany!!! No direction, poor management, poor relationships, no vision, no team work, no excitement around any thing.

Advice to Senior Management?

It was great, until they starting firing everyone

Client Services Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFriendly and intelligent co-workers, Great training and fair compensation are some of the great benefits of this company. Vacation policy was fair as well.

ConsHigh turnover, people that you like today are gone tomorrow
    Management is generally disconnected with day to day affairs
    It is always in a state of "rebuilding" and never "thriving"

Big potential zero execution

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe good things about this company are the vending machine items (25 cent per soda and bubble gum)

ConsThe company has no culture except for the sales team who believe they own the company. Managers have no idea how to acquire, develop and manage the team members, these managers became managers because people have left or quit the company. HR is pretty bad, I agree with other comments. Anyone applying for this company should have nothing else on the table to accept and work at IL. Also huge turn over. :)

Advice to Senior ManagementIt won't matter what I say but I will put it this way after you hit your head against the wall for 100 times, will you continue?

Worked for Intralinks? Contribute to the Community!