Intuit

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.7 1,466 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company(in 303 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation(in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street(in 42 reviews)

1,466 Employee Reviews

The company takes care of it's employees

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

Pros- Good work-life balance. If you come from a start up to Intuit you will be incredibly relaxed
    - There are smart people at intuit. As with any big company you need to hunt to find them but there are some excellent people to work with
    - Culture is good. People are generally really nice and open to helping each other out
    - Intuit monopolizes it's market. yay

Cons- Personal growth is slow
    - There is "title inflation" ie a senior engineer may or may not actually be senior

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is on par with other tech companies. pay MORE to entice the best in the bay.

Amazing Place To Work

Product Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsGood Environment, Good People, Opportunities for Growth. Great Facilities. Constant ability to work on exiting and new projects. Really impressed with he caliber of many of the people here. Really smart and driven for the most part.

ConsCan be a big company with all of the burdens that come with that. Things do not always happen as fast as they like and some of the old software is less exciting.

Amazing Company... I love this place

ProsEnvironment, Atmosphere, Pay, Benefits, Perks, CEO leadership.

ConsWork in non revenue generating line of business can result in staff shortages as they strive to keep costs down. Work from home is said to be supported, but many managers seem resentful of people working from home and outcome seems to come with increased risk of being caught in a RIF.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees in cost centers the same as you do those employees in revenue generating lines of business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would happily work for them again

Development and Support Specialist (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ (US)

ProsEngaging, helpful co-workers, strong team enviroment,

ConsFrequent reorganizations, massive reduction in employee bonuses, spotlights and other perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to your front line agents as they are the ones truly in touch with the customers.

Great!!

ProsGreat Values, culture, compensation. You are constantly encouraged to innovate

ConsSeriously cant think of any.

Overall, a wonderful experience with a company that really cares about developing it's people

Compensation Business Partner (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsWithout question, Brad Smith is a terrific leader at a company that has developed a lot of talented managers. The pay and benefits are very good, as is the work-life balance.

ConsThe politics can be frustrating and hard to overcome. That being said, I'm grateful for having had the opportunity to grow up, learn and meet so many great people at Intuit.

Great company to work at

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsThe people are easy to get along with and are extremely helpful. You also get to dedicate 10% of your working time to a personal project that you are passionate about. Intuit also promotes employees to volunteer billable hours towards a charity/cause of your choice.

ConsIt is a larger company so it can be difficult to "find your place" at first. You will need to do your part to stand out.

Intuit is awesome

Customer Service and Support Specialist (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, IL (US)

ProsThis is a company that positions you for success, they are selective about having the right people but they continue to develop your skill set and add to it, great environment for developement

ConsSome departments aren't nearly as organized as other and often times seem evasive or under trained

Great mature and stable company

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

ProsAwesome 401K 150% matching
    Good bonus structure
    Strong executive management
    Lots of strong performers through out company

ConsYearly reorgs and layoffs. The company tries to have double digit growth each year and maintain margins so they will cut people if they don't hit their numbers. Also many teams run lean. I'm personally burnt out from overwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management is awesome but we haven't done a good job of finding the right acquisitions to power the company forward. Most have failed recently with the exception of DemandForce. Since most of the company's large businesses are in transition, growth with have to come from outside so stay focused on fledgling start-ups that have the potential for huge growth.

Senior Application Engineer

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat Perks and very Employee friendly company
    Company work towards the values defined.

ConsNo cons as such apart from frequent org changes

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a great job!

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!