Intuit Reviews

3.9
1,559 Reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith
Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company (in 316 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company (in 142 reviews)

Cons
  • Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new (in 47 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street (in 43 reviews)

More Highlights

Lots of benefits

I worked at Intuit full-time

Pros

great place to work to learn new skills and be rewarded for performance. Not only is the health insurance good but there lots of other benefits like tuition reimbursement, fitness incentives, etc.

Cons

It is a large company and at the end of the day it does not matter how well you are performing or what your relationship is like with the team that you interact with on a daily basis. If your position does not meet the new vision, it will be eliminated.

Great company benefits, going through internal changes

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits -- health plans, salary, bonuses, RSUs, healthy lower-cost entrees in cafeterias. Great CEO. 10% time for innovation projects encourages out-of-the-box thinking on new solutions (but not driverless cars!).

Cons

Company is trying to move from a company of companies to one Intuit and it's a hard transition. Layoffs, reorgs, speeches, and many powerpoint presentations don't make it easy to change. 401k match doesn't vest for two years.

Managers are not checking in with employees on work/life balance. I didn't see improvement after the Annual Employee Survey. The company, and Brad, are great, but it's not cascading down.

Great company, great values

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Intuit was a great company with a very supportive environment, intelligent peers, and strong leaders

Cons

All things considered, there were not a lot of cons compared to other similar companies that I worked at

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent values. Incredibly interesting problems to solve. Working with some of the smartest people I've ever met.

Cons

Steep learning curve makes work-life balance hard to find when you're new. On the bright side, if you can excel here, you can excel anywhere.

Make career opportunity easier to understand. Intuit is huge, and it feels very easy to get lost when you're just starting out.

Best Place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't believe how much I enjoy working for Intuit. Pay and benefits are great, but the culture is everything. My friends find it hard to believe that a company that makes financial software could be so fun. We have a strong culture for giving back to the community, and sr leadership is highly engaged and supportive.

Cons

There are a lot of cons really. At times the company be a little bit meeting heavy, but it's not the end of the world and I have felt that at most places I've worked.

Keep it up!

Intuit is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service and Support Specialist  in  Fredericksburg, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Support Specialist in Fredericksburg, VA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome health benes and I mean AWESOME! Great place to work.

Cons

Don't expect a "career" with them. They are known to change directions in mid-stream. However, they are very very good with severance packages! And they typically will re-hire someone to a different dept after they've been laid off.

Don't be so fickle to the stock price at the expense of your employees.

Get out before they sell

Former Employee - L3 Support  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - L3 Support in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, great people, and amazing products.

Cons

Value of benefits is added to your total compensation, so you really make 20K less than you think.

Stop hiring outside executives that don't care about customer service or taking pride in the Intuit brand.

One of the best companies to work for!

Current Employee - Underwriter  in  Woodland Hills, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Warner center location: The culture is very comfortable. The people are so so friendly! Def not a cold corporate environment. The diversity is also amazing, i haven't encountered this in any other workplace so it is very refreshing. Everyone is willing to help you at any moment in whatever way they can. The office spaces are very clean. There is unlimited coffee, tea, sugar, creamer, cups, etc. in the break-rooms. The break rooms are great. Each floor has its own TV room with sofas, a kitchen area, and game room with more TV's. The games are different on each floor, so far I've seen a Foosball table, ping pong table and pool table. As if the main break-room isn't enough, there are multiple quasi-break-rooms for your convenience. Downstairs you have a full gym, cafeteria and Starbucks. The cafeteria has really good food at low cost, serving breakfast and lunch, just for the employees. They also have a healthy menu to cater to the more health conscious crowd. The company always finds an excuse to cater free food for their employees just to make their day better. There are vending machines everywhere with a large selection of snacks, drinks and sandwiches. Those of you who like to take your time in the bathroom, you've found your nirvana! There is a good chance this is why Intuit is one of the best places to work in the country. The building looks awesome from the outside so just walking up to it will brighten up anyone's day. The parking is never a problem, there are outdoor lots and a structure which is covered if you don't want to leave your car out in the Cali heat.

Cons

No real downside as long as you know what you're getting yourself into. Professionally speaking, I've noticed a lack of upward mobility. To some people the fact that you're doing the same work may get monotonous after a while but that's why you have to enjoy your work.

I like my managers, they're very nice people. Getting to know the people you manage, on a more personal level, isn't such a bad thing.

Big company still striving to be a startup

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Manager  in  Sacramento, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Manager in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Intuit works on interesting and ambitious projects, there's many great people you will meet and enjoy working with every day. Overall compensation and benefits are hard to beat. Intuit definitely has a culture valuing fast paced environment and striving to be a startup company, at least in R&D teams.

Cons

Lots of course changes, many frequent reorgs in the last 12 months, so it can be demotivating people. I think in a year once dust settles, it will be much more pleasant place to work

Power through your reorgs as fast as you can - I have a feeling people are fatigued with constant changes so you may start loosing talent if it does not stabilize a little bit soon.

Good company , good work life balance

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Awesome company to work for. People here are very collaborative.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to enact change, slow moving at times.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!