Ipsos

Ipsos Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Ipsos Chairman and CEO Didier Truchot

Didier Truchot

Pros
  • emerging as one of the most comprehensive market research entities on a global scale (in 24 reviews)

• Flexibility with work schedules, great people on the team (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Management acts like they own you - there is no work-life balance other than lip service paid to the concept (in 22 reviews)

• Some extremely dull work, long hours for which you are not recognised, poor pay (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

good company and fun people

Director (Current Employee) Sydney

Prosfun place to work. Good people and great attitude. But, I hear things have started going down

Consnot much clarity on where the company wants to go (grow).... depends too much on individuals to drive the growth with out clear direction from the management.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide clear goals -- coach, mentor and compensate employees for their efforts.

First ever international work experience.

Group Finance Controller (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Pros- supporting team members
    - contact with people from different countries
    - huge responsibilty

Cons- poor training to staffs
    - a lot of manual work

Good research companies with many solutions

Associate Director (Former Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsGood research companies with many solutions

ConsBottom line driven; Not care about employee that much

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about employee

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very positive. I had 11 exciting and positive years there working on a variety of projects

Director of Statistics (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFast-moving dynamic atmosphere, people are always accessible and do not hide behind job grades and titles, encourages creativity, opportunities to take your career to follow your interests. Technical expertise, with people who are leaders in their field.

ConsVery high work volume with lots of competing priorities and deadlines, meaning long hours, but that's part and parcel of being in this lively industry and part of the fun!

Nice Experience

ProsIts really a nice company to work with and get much better exposure in professional carrer. I really enjoy being working with with ipsos.

ConsCannot really think of any as of now.

Advice to Senior ManagementNice work-life balance

Changing environment

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsIndustry leading products. Good people though many are leaving.

ConsToo management heavy. Seem to be losing a lot of experienced employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain your long-term employees

Learned alot- but all about REVENUE

Senior Project Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsFor the most part, the people I worked were pleasant. I developed some great relationships.
    Established & developed sound project management experience.
    Was exposed to a wide array of clients and research methodologies

ConsEven if you deserved a promotion, you may not get it if you made "too" much money for your title or your teams revenue wasn't as strong as they wanted. I knew of entry level PD's that would get promoted faster, because they started out at such a lower pay range. So it was easy to move them up, since technically they were being underpaid already. They had no clue what other PD's or Sr. PD's made, so didn't even realize it. There was ALOT of shuffling from team to team, so you rarely had any consistency when it came to managers. That said, it was hard for anyone to "invest" in your growth as things were constantly changing. During my time there,, I had appx 8 managers. Really?
    Lastly, before I left, people were really overworked. It was also after the Synovate buyout, the moral was SO LOW. Once acquiring Synovate peoples titles didn't align very nicely, so people with higher titles/pays were doing much more junior tasks (and vice versa). It was really insulting!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake titles and pay ranges fair and consistent.
    Show support of one another in management. I witnessed alot of pettiness and back stabbing.

Project Director - IUU

Project Director (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsLocation and free parking are good for employees. Easy to get an entry level position.

ConsConstant management and employee turnover. Management lacks professionalism. Low salaries and experience is not taken into consideration. No clear vision or direction. Terrible work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect current employees and do not burn them out. Give promotions where deserved and not to those that complain the most.

Room for Improvement

ProsFlexibility with work schedules, great people on the team.

ConsNo work/life balance. No empathy for people who are working nights and weekends, as it is expected. Little respect for people who actually execute the research. Processes are cumbersome -- things that should be easy are challenging to get through the "system". Feedback to management falls on deaf ears, as the focus is SALES SALES SALES. Often sell things that we have no idea how to execute and then we have to figure things out on the fly. The pressure often drives people to quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit the revenue to staffing model. Need more Project Directors vs. PhD's. It doesn't matter how much research is sold if we can't deliver or deliver with poor quality.

Good to learn but too much work at all the levels

Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood learning experience get to work from the starts to end of each project and learnt time management as at a time you would be handling about 8-10 projects

ConsToo much work for a single person, no clarity in the appraisal process
    At all the job positions you will end up doing the same thing that a lower level person does

Advice to Senior Managementtry and recruit people at the lower level so that work can be distributed properly

Worked for Ipsos? Contribute to the Community!