Iron Mountain Inc

www.ironmountain.com

Iron Mountain Inc Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

William Meaney

Pros
  • Good front line employees and work life balance is ok (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits, great people to work with, always something new happening (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Like most places upper management has no clue what people actually goes through on a daily basis (in 13 reviews)

• Concern for the customer as the Customer Service is poorly trained and HIGH turnover with CS (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Stuck in the Dark Ages

Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsGood strong global brand and heritage doing records storage.
    Great place to learn about corporate politics and ineffectual leadership.
    Good people, trying desperately to cover for the businesses incompetence, for tiny rewards.

ConsNo vision or aspirations for the business.
    If it can be bungled, it will.
    Still think they understand and play in the space they did well 10-15 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at Kodak to see where you are going, pull your heads out of the navel gazing politics and actually align the business.

enjoied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood benefits nice co workers

Consno room for promotions, management need improve

Long time employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with and they care about the customer.

ConsSome areas have high turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operation Supervisor

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsPay, work life balance, resources

ConsJob Stability, a lot of "old timers" with horrible business minds, knowledgeable supervisors and managers with little leadership skills.

Bright, caring staff poised to successfully land high growth opportunities now that it's a REIT

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsBright and surprisingly creative and flexible staff makes work engaging and fun. Long-timers know where the bodies are buried and are able to steer newbies clear of potential problems. Much of the training is self-help videos and online exercises, generally very good. Excellent market data, leads and research ensure the best and brightest have the best info to make good decisions and to be most productive. Solid benefits and pay. Vision and Mission are easy to get behind and support.

ConsA challenging environment to gain proficiency; some processes seem over engineered and people in the know go around these hurdles, causing fires elsewhere. Good communication and transparency, though, but cycles are burned unnecessarily. CYA emails and figuring out what's going on by the 48th forward is tedious, but it's in the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a process to autopsy things that go wrong and another to challenge industry data and stats based on our own experiences. Teams in the field have a lot of industry and competitive insight that could better be shared - perhaps on Salesforce "Chatter" Also, we should have "No Meeting Fridays" to catch up, distill and share what we've learned.

Great Company

Operations Supervisor/Facility Security Officer (Former Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

ProsWhile working fot Iron Mountain I found the atmosphere to be flexible, progressive and challenging.

ConsThe area the company can improve in is training and development. Sometimes employees are promoted without being trained and this can make their experience a stressful one.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to put frontline employees first. This is not a commom practice that other companies demand.

It's a paycheck

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsFairly easy going, not a lot of pressure - with the exception of one micro-manager. But everyplace has the one disgruntled employee that ruins it for everyone.

ConsOnly upper management is staff. Everyone else is "permanent" freelance. And the company does little things to remind you of your non-employee status all the time.

It was wonderful experience they did want me to leave

Warehouse Dockworker (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsBenefits, Hours, pay, and compensation / rewards to get for being such a hardworking enthusiastic employee.

ConsOperating some of the equipment the culture and dealing with the strenuous labor that comes with the job

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is pretty descent and sophisticated in how they go about dealings with certain situations that might cause the company to fail. But overall there pretty reasonable on employees that depends on your work ethics, dependability, accuracy, and sense of urgency.

Disgusted!

Coordinator (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsGreat team players in the company, challenging decent pay and benefits.

ConsHorrible management. GM totally clueless let people go and do not replace them. More work and less people all the time. Definitely do not value their employees or care about their opinions. Used to be a great place to work once upon a time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter they don't listen anyway.

Avoid if you can

Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsLearning Opportunities are okay
    Best company to work for like a robot who doesn't ask any questions

Cons- Lacks professionalism
    - Very Unethical; Resources are treated like slaves by Senior Management
    - Discrimination
    - HR serves only senior management and lies left and right
    - Micromanagement

Advice to Senior Management- Grow up and realise that you are a global company.
    - Try for change management and bring in global standards and work ethics rather than sticking onto 1990s legacy of doing things
    - Trust your resources to a certain extent

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!